BANGKOK
4MyEgo

Transferring money out of Thailand

I use Transferwise to send money here to my Thai bank account from aboroad and am wondering if the reverse can also be carried out or is there an alternative to transfer money out of Thailand or a limit ? 

With TrasferWise it is not possible to transfer money from your thai bank-account to abroad.

But you can use DeeMoney to do that.

• Thanks 1

You should use a Currency Broker if the amount warrants it.

Easy, convenient and you can save money.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Will the Thai banks wire money from my account to my bank in the USA if it has been demonstrated that tne money in my Thai account was wired in from a USA bank?

Edited by JimmyJ

1 minute ago, JimmyJ said:

Will the Thai banks wire money from my account to my bank in the USA if it has been demonstrated that tne money in my Thai account was wired in from a USA bank?

Yes, but not as THB, only as the currency of the destination country, unless specified otherwise (except THB).

• Thanks 1

a bit strange that those services work one way only... whatever...

if I need to send money, will ask my child in the future

or are there also limits for thai sending money ?

7 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

a bit strange that those services work one way only... whatever...

if I need to send money, will ask my child in the future

or are there also limits for thai sending money ?

Thai Baht is a controlled currency, it cannot be freely exported and is subject to rules that are different for Thai nationals, foreigners in Thailand and financial institutions outsiode Thailand, the BOT rules are here: https://www.bot.or.th/English/FinancialMarkets/ForeignExchangeRegulations/FXRegulation/Pages/default.aspx

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I used this earlier in the week to send some cash to Singapore, very easy and with the minimum of evidence needed, I received a message that the funds had reached the account in Singapore in a few minutes.
Only six currencies, USD, GBP, HKD, SGD, AUD and EUR and a maximum transaction limit of US $49,999 per day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

I used this earlier in the week to send some cash to Singapore, very easy and with the minimum of evidence needed, I received a message that the funds had reached the account in Singapore in a few minutes.
Only six currencies, USD, GBP, HKD, SGD, AUD and EUR and a maximum transaction limit of US $49,999 per day.

I can confirm this as i send to Europe and got message very quick funds arrived at my E.U. bank , however it only appeared online on that account hours later hence time difference and opening time that bank .

Strange thing however as on my E.U. bank sender was described as from Lithuania , and just codes as sender information ,not my name to find , money correct however , super fast 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Logosone said:

You should use a Currency Broker if the amount warrants it.

Easy, convenient and you can save money.

Save money using a currency broker? Really? In what universe? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Was there a flat fee? 

500 baht or about $15?

I assume they used the current day T/T rate.