Computer Monitor Recommendation

MikeWill

monitor_black.gif.109820e404bf576cf465af095ec21828.gifMy current monitor is SAMSUNG SyncMaster P23 (23") 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
It has a problem when in black, it looks like this: white dots all over the black, see attached pic.

I'm not sure if it's possible to repair it.

Please advise on a new monitor of at least 23": which specs to look for, what brand, where to buy in Bangkok. 
I'm not a gamer, general computer use (Win 10 Pro), watching movies, etc.

My budget is ฿ 6.000-7.000. The cheaper the better.

Edited by MikeWill

Check out  invadeit ,google the site, they have a wide range of

monitors,of all sizes,specs,and prices, it will give you a good idea

what is available, buy from them or check prices against Shopee,

and Lazada.   PS I cannot see white spots on picture you posted,is it the same when viewing in colour

Regards worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie

I bought online an (23.8 inch) LG 24MK600-B for 3,107 baht.

IPS screen, HDMI and VGA connections, 75 Hz, 5ms, black stabilizer..

I am more than pleased with it. Only thing was the tilt didn't do much, so I left off a bit of plastic on the stand tilt so now OK...

It is better than my HP 24 IPS I had...

https://www.lg.com/th/consumer-monitors/lg-24MK600M-B

I buy computer parts and monitors often in this shop in Fortune Town, 3rd floor (and also 4th floor)

https://www.jetcom.co.th/MONITOR-MOUNT_cpage2_view1_priceasc

They offer a 32 inch curved Samsung monitor with 3 years warranty for 6490THB.

And they have many screens in the shop connected to PCs to you see exactly what you buy.

If you buy a BIG screen and you sit near that screen than a curved screen makes sense. You can google the details.

I bought at least 100 Samsung monitors over the years and I have very good experience with them. But obviously other brands are also good.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies.

worgeordie, the white dots are only visible over the black background. 

ukrules, yes, it's a screenshot. probably not very good.

I've posted another one.

My desktop space is allow for 23"~24" monitor.

What have to look for when choosing a monitor?

What about those curved ones? Are they any good for reading text?

black_backgeound.jpg

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

PS I cannot see white spots on picture you posted,is it the same when viewing in colour

1 hour ago, MikeWill said:

worgeordie, the white dots are only visible over the black background. 

ukrules, yes, it's a screenshot. probably not very good.

I've posted another one.

OP, you do understand that a 'screenshot' will only capture the image sent from your graphics card, NOT the image you're seeing watching your display.  I imagine you thought the screenshot captured the problem as the image you see has the issues present (because you're using the problematic display to view it).

The only way to 'capture' that would be to take a photo of what you're seeing with your smartphone or digital camera, then post* that picture.

*(If your smartphone used a google account and is auto-saving camera images then those images are accessible for viewing (and downloading) when you log into your account at https://photos.google.com/ )

I have an AOC 27" flat screen as well as an ACER 31" curved screen on two different laptops. No problem at all with the curved screen. No problem with reading text.

In my opinion, the contrast on the AOC is better, BUT there are a couple of small technical glitches that would put most people off. It does not play sound (I do not care as it is for business only) and at times the hidden task bar at the bottom flickers. I have no problem living with both of these issues. (The sound problem could be lazy set up on my part. As I said - I do not use it.)

From memory, the AOC was less then 4,000 baht and the ACER was less than 7,000 baht. I bought them from Lazada.

My Monitor is fine + cost just under 7,000 baht 3 years ago,  Sony LED - Screen size (inches): 40 Picture System: Full High Definition Screen resolution: 1920x1080 Pixels CONTRAST RATIO: Over 1 million Brightness (CD / M): 500 ResponseTime (MS):  

Notice Power Buy still have them @ 6,594 baht

Before that had a Panasonic, which was also fine for years and is still used sometimes in the bedroom...  My 1st [Proper ?] Monitor was a 19" Dell I bought here early 2004.. it is still in good working order and used sometimes on my old laptop, but both before HDMi [bought laptop in UK in 2001 near 20 year old]

18 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I have an AOC 27" flat screen as well as an ACER 31" curved screen on two different laptops. No problem at all with the curved screen. No problem with reading text.

In my opinion, the contrast on the AOC is better, BUT there are a couple of small technical glitches that would put most people off. It does not play sound (I do not care as it is for business only) and at times the hidden task bar at the bottom flickers. I have no problem living with both of these issues. (The sound problem could be lazy set up on my part. As I said - I do not use it.)

From memory, the AOC was less then 4,000 baht and the ACER was less than 7,000 baht. I bought them from Lazada.

I run AOC monitors (1 x 27" & 2 x 24") as well and bang for buck I think they are great.

Ive not had the task bar flicker issue and I (like you) don't care about the lack of speakers.

This one should do the OP just fine.

montiors.jpg.4de51ca7247ddd4808640e3976c8b0d8.jpg

for watching TV, wouldn't you be better off with an HDMI link to a TV? When my monitor got old, I shoved the box behind the TV and plugged it into the receiver, then another link from the receiver to the TV - so I get great sound and a big picture... It wouldn't work for a desk, I sit about 1 metre from the screen when using the computer, but 2m for watching moves/TV... added bonus is that it's hooked up to the main sound system, so just playing music or anything else works well too.

I have Kodi and Plex Media Player on my TV upstairs, and a 42" screen means my son can watch TV on one half of the screen whilst I borrow the other half to do something else - or just fill the screen and watch TV.

It also works well with UHD, but I'm just on an old LG 1980x1080 which is mostly fine. Big picture, big sound - super.

Edited by ben2talk

5 hours ago, Don Mega said:

I run AOC monitors (1 x 27" & 2 x 24") as well and bang for buck I think they are great.

Ive not had the task bar flicker issue and I (like you) don't care about the lack of speakers.

This one should do the OP just fine.

montiors.jpg.4de51ca7247ddd4808640e3976c8b0d8.jpg

Don Mega, thanks for the reply and suggestion.

Please tell me if the AOC Monitor 24 รุ่น 24B2XH/67 75Hz is Anti-Glare.

All other specs are looking adequate, including the price. I just never heard of that brand AOC.

I just changed from an old Samsung Syncmaster... I bought my wife a new 55" TV..  I've hooked up her old (2 years) TCL 40" TV as a monitor.. it is great! Excellent for photos, videos & movies .. big is better.. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeWill said:

Don Mega, thanks for the reply and suggestion.

Please tell me if the AOC Monitor 24 รุ่น 24B2XH/67 75Hz is Anti-Glare.

All other specs are looking adequate, including the price. I just never heard of that brand AOC.

I could not find if it is anti glare or not, even the specs on the parent website makes no mention.

This one mentions anti glare in the specs though.

30 minutes ago, MikeWill said:

Thanks again Don Mega.

Do you see any drawbacks of that model (AOC LED MONITOR IPS 24V2Q/67 75Hz FREESYNC)?

For me personally nothing particularly stands out as a drawback other than the lack of vesa mount.

Specs wise there will be better out there within your 6 to 7k budge but you will be spending all of that, but as a general purpose monitor @ Bt.4200 it should tick all your boxes.

Don Mega,

I want to ask your opinion about this Philips model, The seller said that it has anti-glare screen.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/monitor-philips-241v867-238-ips-fhd-75hz-3-onsite-i1038884620-s2306932822.html?spm=a2o4m.pdp.recommendation_1.5.6d063a02FrRSO8&mp=1&scm=1007.16389.126158.0&clickTrackInfo=93b00404-3977-4885-a035-272604bb9e2e__1038884620__3952__trigger2i__124572__0.036__0.057787094__0.0__0.47174194__0.0074__0.058527093__4__null__null__null__null__null__null__

I'd like you to compare it with AOC 24V2Q/67 23.8" (Anti-glare) จอภาพขนาด 23.8 นิ้ว ในความละเอียด Full HD จอ IPS ทำให้สามารถรับชมภาพได้จากทุกมุม รับประกัน 3 ปี

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/aoc-24v2q67-238-gaming-monitor-238-full-hd-ips-3-i993672159-s2164806702.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.33.178377b5DLNJEv&search=1

Thank you.

Edited by MikeWill

Just buy a new smartphone, these are so humongous at the moment they will be perfect to function as a desktop computer monitor.

27"  Smartphone,  wow would hate to carry that about when I went out

My Monitor is 40"