Thai researchers closer to finding Covid-19 vaccine

snoop1130

10 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I wonder if they will come in flavours like chocolate, strawberry and vanilla ?

I wonder if the vaccine (if it does eventuate, if it is manufactured in bulk) will quickly be embroiled in under he table trading scandals, illegal hoarding and trade etc.

And not enough doses to vaccinate all Thai folks because scaly immoral politicians and business people have become deeply involved in greed?

But I hope not.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

of course you are .... 

I wonder if the Health minister realises that a foreigner from the land of the Unwashed is taking the lead on creating a vaccine in Thailand.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Upnotover said:

TAT target market revealed.  Or anybody with a horizontally striped polo shirt.

i have a couple of those shirts, are they an old mans shirt and/or a Pakistani shirt    ?

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

I wonder if the vaccine (if it does eventuate, if it is manufactured in bulk) will quickly be embroiled in under he table trading scandals, illegal hoarding and trade etc.

And not enough doses to vaccinate all Thai folks because scaly immoral politicians and business people have become deeply involved in greed?

But I hope not.

I think you might be onto something there.

• Like 1

why is this not being shared by the whole world, is this going to turn into a money thing? or a race to see what country has the smartest chemists, the world is going from bad to worse if this is the case, where has the " all for one and one for all," gone?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Key word here folks being the word "if"

It changes many things.

If, after all, my auntie had a pair of balls, she would be my uncle.

I suspect Thailand will not be first past the post with this, so have to question why the "updates" on its progress, they themselves admit will be next year at least, keep cropping up several times a week.

The reason for these "updates" is that they affect stock markets.  

the vaccine worked so well for SARS-1, that test animals died of cytokine storm when in contact with the real virus

https://www.the-rheumatologist.org/article/dont-forget-the-host-covid-19-cytokine-storm/

Vaccine development is desirable, but previous efforts to develop a safe vaccine to protect human hosts from the SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV proved challenging. Although vaccines comprising viral peptides were able to induce potentially neutralizing antibodies, in vaccine development studies for both viruses, significant lung immunopathology was observed in test animals following viral challenge

• Thanks 1

Most COVID-19 vaccine news are just hyper and hot air at this stage.
Not only in Thailand, but worldwide. In the US, there even seem to be pump and dump schemes going on, where CEO or other company representatives go on CNBC or or business news to claim breakthrough and boost their share price.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thai researchers closer to finding Covid-19 vaccine

Impossible without a single General on the team!

But then I saw this:

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

By ThaiPBS World’s General Desk

14 hours ago, darksidedog said:

It changes many things.

I suspect Thailand will not be first past the post with this, so have to question why the "updates" on its progress, they themselves admit will be next year at least, keep cropping up several times a week.

I assume that the “updates” are provided for the same reason so called developed nations do exactly the same thing, to provide a morale boost for the population.

first past the post is not the be all and end all. Nations want their own vaccine and their own manufacturing capability because, as alluded to in the article, countries that have a vaccine will use it for their own population first, no matter how much they might say it will be available to all.

12 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

How very jolly decent of them .. 

All they have to do now is boil up a vaccine .. No small feat as a successful vaccine against a contagious virus has only ever been done once before with Smallpox ..  

Smallpox was the only disease eradicated by a vaccine. It "only" took 11 years after a global program was started. There are vaccines against measles (same transmission as coronavirus or flu), various hepatitis strains. 

So far, no vaccine against any human coronavirus has been found

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Of course 99 percent of medical professionals say that we most PROBABLY will have a vaccine, and it looks very promising.  Not only one, but many vaccines.

But I digress, the Zinc champion knows better.  

99%? Really? Or are you just pulling numbers out of your <deleted>? Oh hey, by the way, can you link me one of the successful vaccines for Corona viruses for humans that exist already? No? Well be my guest and line up for that vaccine shot! Results are probably gonna be great...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, darksidedog said:

It changes many things.

You might try reading the article instead of drawing inane analogies

14 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I wonder if they will come in flavours like chocolate, strawberry and vanilla ?

And with cute little stickers on the vials -- like they have on their smartphones.

Edited by Misterwhisper

All seems to be going in Mr Gates favour

A lot of money to be made here in the vaccine game.

After over 30 years of NO proven requored safety tests for the old vaccines, they now wish to role out unproven gene altering mRna administered vaccines, plenty of propaganda under the fear of COVID19.

Have to keep the COVID19 FEAR ongoing to make the motherlode of the vaccine relevant, and keep Gates proposed depopulation plan on track ????????

• Like 1