BANGKOK
garygooner

7-Eleven: qr code scanning no longer required.

It is the same intelligence that puts 30 Kg/cm of pressure in your tyres.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

villa & local tesco's & 7/11 are not shopping malls

but yeah, freak out everybody and make them all use the same pen (for the once's that don't want to be QR followed everywhere)

• Sad 1

I didn't see any formal news announcement, but at least in BKK, the rules appear to have loosened considerably for restaurants also with the arrival of June.

I was looking at Facebook pages this morning, and came across restaurants talking about no longer being required to have table barriers, being able to offer buffets again, and the only seating restrictions being that individuals need to be at least one meter apart...no more separate tables, supposedly.

That's all fine well and good. But you're not going to see me sitting around a restaurant with other people and not wearing an N95 mask any time soon.... 

931514612_NewRestaurantRulesJune2020.jpg.31de8434f840c468d1e21e2513167b9b.jpg

I just went to Big C on Sukhumvit in Pattaya and they still have the same QR code/book system set up, but almost all the Thais when I was going in were signing the book rather than scanning the code. I thought that was a bit odd, do they know something? If only I knew the Thai for "Mickey Mouse" or "Adolf Hitler", I might have seen what was going on, lol.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I just went to Big C on Sukhumvit in Pattaya and they still have the same QR code/book system set up, but almost all the Thais when I was going in were signing the book rather than scanning the code. I thought that was a bit odd, do they know something? If only I knew the Thai for "Mickey Mouse" or "Adolf Hitler", I might have seen what was going on, lol.

just ignored it by going in at 8 this morning that Tesco ( damn they where present already now...,days before not.. 🙄) and ignored by going out also ...no one stopped me 😉

36 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I didn't see any formal news announcement, but at least in BKK, the rules appear to have loosened considerably for restaurants also with the arrival of June.

I was looking at Facebook pages this morning, and came across restaurants talking about no longer being required to have table barriers, being able to offer buffets again, and the only seating restrictions being that individuals need to be at least one meter apart...no more separate tables, supposedly.

That's all fine well and good. But you're not going to see me sitting around a restaurant with other people and not wearing an N95 mask any time soon.... 

931514612_NewRestaurantRulesJune2020.jpg.31de8434f840c468d1e21e2513167b9b.jpg

eating is going to be a considerable challenge then??