7-Eleven: qr code scanning no longer required.

garygooner

On 6/3/2020 at 7:25 PM, Pilotman said:

I just ignored it anyway and walked past the table, just took the temp check and hand wash, which was okay by me.   I was never challenged. It was a stupid, ineffective idea from the off and it was obvious that the staff thought so too. 

Another Arrogant Farang   , Thx for the good look of Farang , do it in ur own country 

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I didn't see any formal news announcement, but at least in BKK, the rules appear to have loosened considerably for restaurants also with the arrival of June.

I was looking at Facebook pages this morning, and came across restaurants talking about no longer being required to have table barriers, being able to offer buffets again, and the only seating restrictions being that individuals need to be at least one meter apart...no more separate tables, supposedly.

That's all fine well and good. But you're not going to see me sitting around a restaurant with other people and not wearing an N95 mask any time soon.... 

931514612_NewRestaurantRulesJune2020.jpg.31de8434f840c468d1e21e2513167b9b.jpg

I’m Done with Buffets 

54 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

Another Arrogant Farang   , Thx for the good look of Farang , do it in ur own country 

Many Thais were doing as I was doing. Not all of us are gullible enough to be taken in by what is merely a political stunt. Oh just to add, that I would certainly act the same in my own country. 

Edited by Pilotman

I follow the daily CCSA English briefing where they have been giving the daily usage figures of Thai Chana and, by comparison to the population, the uptake and usage seems to be very low and at today's briefing (Thursday) Thai Chana wasn't mentioned at all.

The App, which was released on the 27th May to a zero fanfare, has only been downloaded 100,000+ times, which tells a story in itself.

I wonder whether Thai Chana is  'dying a death' through lack of, shall we say, cooperation. It wouldn't surprise me at all. It certainly isn't only falangs who are shunning this system.

• Like 2

a whole lot of this is the syndrome that all politicians have  " we must be doing something, even if that something is nothing to do with the something we should be doing something about". And it's about as understandable as that sentence. 

They all suffer from it.  

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 7:07 PM, david555 said:

It was never done by my local 7/ 11 at Pattaya jomtien area.

Just temperature scanning handwash and mask

Several 7/11 in Jomtien uses the scan-procedure or the manual writing on a piece of paper + temp.check, mask and gel. I pass at least one every time I go out. Family Mart, though, they do nothing. They don't care about about gel or anything. I went inside one at Jomtien Beach Rd the other day with my mask under my chin,no reaction what so ever. 

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Several 7/11 in Jomtien uses the scan-procedure or the manual writing on a piece of paper + temp.check, mask and gel. I pass at least one every time I go out. Family Mart, though, they do nothing. They don't care about about gel or anything. I went inside one at Jomtien Beach Rd the other day with my mask under my chin,no reaction what so ever. 

Iam greatfull anyway to my 7/ 11 for at least not doing that QR ????

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I didn't see any formal news announcement, but at least in BKK, the rules appear to have loosened considerably for restaurants also with the arrival of June.

I was looking at Facebook pages this morning, and came across restaurants talking about no longer being required to have table barriers, being able to offer buffets again, and the only seating restrictions being that individuals need to be at least one meter apart...no more separate tables, supposedly.

That's all fine well and good. But you're not going to see me sitting around a restaurant with other people and not wearing an N95 mask any time soon.... 

931514612_NewRestaurantRulesJune2020.jpg.31de8434f840c468d1e21e2513167b9b.jpg

Exactly how do you eat while wearing your mask at the restaurant??

On 6/3/2020 at 8:49 PM, OneeyedJohn said:

It is the same intelligence that puts 30 Kg/cm of pressure in your tyres.

If they’re not taught how are they to know? I feel for them in many cases. Education is a maybe here sadly 

edit: and lol at the pressure ????

Edited by MadMuhammad