US Social Security monthly $ for June, yet ? (not stimulus)

Usually the payment via Manila to Bangkok Bank comes through on the 3rd, by 3PM local time, if the 3rd is a weekday.

I ask about this because if I know you are "getting yours," today, that may help me plan on re-scheduling a medical procedure.

thanks, ~o:37;

59 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

US Bank, one check comes from Manilla for my kid and I'm pretty sure mine comes from states.

No payment comes from Manilla. It is sent to Bangkok Bank in New York and then to your account here or if you have International Direct Deposit (IDD) directly to your thai bank account from the SSA in the states.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

US Bank, one check comes from Manilla for my kid and I'm pretty sure mine comes from states.

Figured it had to be a US bank as Thai banks are closed on 3 June. The OP was asking about payment to his Thai bank...Bangkok Bank.

All SSA payments originate from the U.S.  While a person can apply for SS benefits thru Manila they do not make actual payments as those originate from the SSA in the US who instruct the US Treasury to make the payment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wife's SSA payment which goes to Bangkok Bank via IDD posted this morning/4June at 9:25am.

My SSA payment goes to a US bank....it posted 2 June as my US bank always credits direct deposits one day early. 

lo and behold, the SS came about 4:30PM today, as i was sweating paying for medical care tomorrow.

got a lower exchange rate compared to last month: 31.44 minus the usual 200 baht fee.

Edited by orang37
memory recovered after alien abduction
8 hours ago, orang37 said:

lo and behold, the SS came about 4:30PM today, as i was sweating paying for medical care tomorrow.

Mine came in yesterday morning.

This is the 2nd month in row that they have been late due to Thai holidays. Four days later than it should of been since the 3rd was a Sunday but the 1st was a holiday and then another one on the 4th.

Nex month it will be a day early due to the 3rd being a US holiday. Substitute for the 4th of July on Saturday.

• Like 1