Marriage and bank deposits in other countries

I'm curious to know:

For marriage visas or residency, which other countries have financial requirements like requiring the foreign spouse to deposit 400,000 baht in a local bank?

The US and UK have financial requirements, but those are income requirements rather than fixed deposits.

I'm asking because I'm wondering if Thailand is the outlier, or if this is a pretty standard practice.

45 minutes ago, Falconator said:

The US and UK have financial requirements, but those are income requirements rather than fixed deposits.

Don't know about the US, but the UK's financial requirement can be met by income, savings or a combination of both.

As, I believe, can Thailand's.

you go marry yopu not need anythink deposit or money in bank. only 2000 B money and go to made marry papers at goverment distric office, no need more, VISA need 400 000 B 1 year visa after you has marry thai. 2 month before need be in THAILAND BANK ACCOUNT, and 1 month about AFTER visa you go take passport stam back . immiogration looking 2 month before and AFTER when you go back immigration and take back you stamped passport immigration check you bank account, this need certified bank paper both time, need be new same day made papers. i has made marry visa last 4 year i know sure how and what need be.

2 hours ago, finnishmen said:

you go marry yopu not need anythink deposit or money in bank. only 2000 B money and go to made marry papers at goverment distric office, no need more, VISA need 400 000 B 1 year visa after you has marry thai. 2 month before need be in THAILAND BANK ACCOUNT, and 1 month about AFTER visa you go take passport stam back . immiogration looking 2 month before and AFTER when you go back immigration and take back you stamped passport immigration check you bank account, this need certified bank paper both time, need be new same day made papers. i has made marry visa last 4 year i know sure how and what need be.

Bit difficult for a few Brits to do the Same.

In a lot of countries in the world it doesn't help to have money in the bank to get annual extensions of stay. Either you need a sponsor or you have to work. Getting married doesn't give you a visa by default. The same if you're retired. 

On 6/6/2020 at 2:35 AM, finnishmen said:

Translation from Finnish? A bit hard to read.

36 minutes ago, Falconator said:

My question is which other countries are similar in this regard.

I already deposited 400k baht. But guys married to women in the Philippines and Vietnam just told me I got ripped off.

If you are applying in Thailand you have not been ripped off, because that is the regulations.

Some other countries (like those you've mentioned) probably don't have the deposit rule, but that is their regulations, so there is only one thing for you to do if you feel it's a ripoff.

Archived