Emirates flying from UK to Bangkok from July 2nd

If you need medical certs  from home country  and Covid  medical insurance cover  which is almost impossible to get  ,,  Flights wont be any use ,,,  Thai Government needs to clarify and simplify immigration rules

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Nobody knows at this time. Or even if they will allow passenger flights then.

Economy class is fully booked, Glasgow-Dubai-Bangkok from July 2 til 17.

Called Emirates today. They have no restrictions.

They have no idea about Thai Immigration though.

Edited by 2009
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 2009 said:

It looks like availability is changing as things get updated.  I saw something similar to you earlier but availability is now appearing and flights on some days disappearing.  Flex tickets only available for now.

Edited by treetops

Let's assume that there will an opening for international arrivals from July.

But be assured that the rules for entering will depend on the country you departed from.

China(!), South Korea, Taiwan(?) and ? have already been classified as "good to come" without additional documents etc.!

I am not too optimistic for many of the European countries, UK in particular to be on the "good to come" list, same for USA

They will likely need paperwork, test result, questionnaire etc.

Today there was a headline about "bubbles" to be let in (selected country(ies) at a time.

Prepare for the worst :whistling:

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, liddelljohn said:

If you need medical certs  from home country  and Covid  medical insurance cover  which is almost impossible to get  ,,  Flights wont be any use ,,,  Thai Government needs to clarify and simplify immigration rules

Regency will give you covid coverage, nothing like impossible to get as you mention.

15 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I'd suggest that Emirates have listed this for planning purposes only, in the hope that the Thai authorities will announce the borders will open on 1 July.

I think most airlines are doing the same.  BA has had BKK flights avaiable from 29 June for some weeks.  Of course they will be delighted with the cash they receive from optimistic travellers, if nothing else might enable them to refund some of the earlier cancelled flights.

(edit) I should add tha BA flights are not direct until August, but are still on sale.

Edited by Upnotover
  • Like 1

People from countries on the 'bad list' will be but in quaranten for sure and that has to be organized by the government/embassy. It's not just to buy a ticket from any airline and make all arrangements by yourself. Not this year anyway. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Nobody knows at this time. Or even if they will allow passenger flights then.

B.A. showing flights on their website as well but as you say Joe no one knows if they will be flying and I doubt any EuropeanS will be allowed for the foreseeable future due to the high infection rate. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Upnotover said:

I think most airlines are doing the same.  BA has had BKK flights avaiable from 29 June for some weeks.  Of course they will be delighted with the cash they receive from optimistic travellers, if nothing else might enable them to refund some of the earlier cancelled flights.

(edit) I should add tha BA flights are not direct until August, but are still on sale.

Take it with a pinch of salt my wife’s 3rd BA booking has just been cancelled for the end of June ,besides that they have just informed every single one of there employees that they are to be made redundant and that everyone can reapply for there jobs on less pay and work conditions .

Airlines will happily take your money and keep it in exchange for credits or some will refund up to 6 months later as was my recent experience.

People stranded in UK or USA should wait for the banned list

• Like 2

23 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

They don't need to simplify anything, all their IOs have their own rules.

I booked a return ticket on Korean Air back in mid Feb. I flew from Bkk on May 1 st to the States. My return flight is scheduled for July 11th. On June 3rd KA notified me that their flight from Dulles to Seoul, and then on to Bkk, was still scheduled. They have tweaked the hours a little, a change they asked me to agree to. No problem on that. KA made no mention of any requirements related to

Covit-19. They are either being very optimistic or they know something we don't. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

Government needs to clarify and simplify immigration rules

They are pretty clear now. ???? 

If you don’t have a work permit as a foreigner you’re not allowed in. If you do have a work permit as a foreigner then you maybe allowed in, you will need to contact the embassy in your country to get the required documents to allow you entry and into quarantine. 

• Like 2

Prayut was hinting just the other day - openly - at a publicly attended junket, he's not confident in, nor backing the allowing of international tourist flight arrivals in the month of June and not confident he'll back July either. 

Not a wise idea to buy tickets unless you pay the extra to cover you for cancelled flights, or can afford to loose the whole fare,  or the hope of a refund or rebooking by the airline should things go south again.

I think Prayut and his mates will wait until they're seeing no figures indicating any second wave of infections in other countries before they'll consider opening the external Thai borders.

32 minutes ago, fat ugly cow said:

qatar app has flights bkk to qatar for next week at least, after qatar dont know, destinations i chose are showing nogo

Qatar is flying regularly to from BKK with connecting flights to many destinations. Just because the airline is flying doesn’t mean that you can.

BECAUSE you have to ensure that you can enter your destination country or you will be refused boarding in BKK. in the same way as you will be refused boarding if your destination is BKK if you are not Thai and do not qualify for entry to Thailand (Almost everyone) at the moment.

It is not the responsibility of the airline to tell you the documents or conditions you have to meet, that’s your job, but they will check before letting you on the flight as they get fined for flying passengers in who are refused entry by immigration.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2020 at 7:39 PM, 2009 said:

Called Emirates today. They have no restrictions.

They have no idea about Thai Immigration though.

I have a hard time believing that Emirates won't have any restrictions onboard. 

On 6/3/2020 at 7:29 PM, liddelljohn said:

The Thai government might need to clarify the rules, but simplify them won't happen. Why would they? 

54 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I have a hard time believing that Emirates won't have any restrictions onboard. 

They most certainly do have restrictions, no cocktails!

"In First Class and Business Class, you can enjoy champagne and a simpler choice of wines and mixed drinks. However, we’re not serving cocktails at the moment."

• Haha 1

Booked a flight home from the u.s. on the 8th of July. haven't seen my family for 8 months. Looks like know one knows what is going on. If one mil in insurance and medical cert, forget it. NUTS

Edited by uffe123

When you check in, the airline will look for restrictions then.

they will have a list of the up to date criteria.

if you dont meet the criteria you will not be able to check in.

they were doing this in Malaga airport when I flew back here 18th March.

the lady asked me to wait while she checked the system to see if i was eligible to enter the country of destination.