BANGKOK
Grumpy John

Greenhouse construction has commenced

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, IsaanAussie said:

Wiggle wire? Too technical for me.

I don't even trust rulers or tape measures, never get the same result repeatedly with them. Always cut and check one piece, then use that as a master template for every other one that is the same. I will make one truss and then position the pieces of the next one on top of that "Master" to tack weld it together. The trick here is to get helpers to use the same one, the Master, not just the nearest one. I found I had two options, paint the master part and remove all on-site tape measures, or cut it all myself. The result is all trusses are interchangeable and within millimetres on all dimensions.

I got that right from the get-go! The trusses are made in a jig I made myself.  I wouldn't trust somechai to make em!   A local somechai is doing a new roof for the house and last night tells us he is one metre short on one side and could we get some more short lengths. Well back home it would have been "Well somechai,  your mistake you fix it"....but not here!  For whatever reason we go and get the needed sections...but there not white!   They run out of white so their beige.  We could have gone another 50km to Wang Phong and got white.  Normally I would be majorly p1zzed off by now but today I let it go.  Don't know why???  Maybe it's because it is so high up no one will see it...unless their spying on us on Google Earth.  Ps: Wiggle wire is what holds the plastic sheets. 

IMG20200612101903.jpg

Edited by Grumpy John
Ps:

2 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Wiggle wire is what holds the plastic sheets.

Oh! I call them deck screws. LOL

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, IsaanAussie said:

Oh! I call them deck screws. LOL

A better picture may help describe the use of wiggle wire.

2020-06-12 20_53_59-Wiggle Wire.png

• Like 2

On 6/7/2020 at 1:05 PM, Jai Dee said:

There's always one with his mind in the gutter... :whistling:

What do you expect in Thailand? 😉

• Haha 2