U.S. defense chief opposes deploying troops to quell protests, despite Trump threats

webfact

Line of Defense to respond to Civil Disobedience/Unrest:

1. Local Police

2. Police from other jurisdictions(State Police or other agencies). Sometimes referred to as Mutual Aid.

3) Federal Law Enforcement(US Marshal, Homeland Security etc)

4) National Guard(mostly for added manpower because most guardsman are not trained in Law Enforcement even though many are trained in Riot Control-Contrary to what Mayor DeBlasio thinks)

5) Active Duty Military.  This would be the absolute last resort.  In April 1992 the Department of Defense sent representative to Los Angeles because Step 5 was almost achieved.  The California National Guard was activated but forgot one important thing:  Ammunition.  This did not make things better.  I would not want to guard the intersection of 80th and Normandie with an M-16 without ammunition.  

Presently I doubt the circumstances have reached Step 5 or will it ever reach step but staging a small of number of Active Duty Soldiers would be wise move.  This is what has occurred and it looks like it will not go beyond this(at least I hope it does not?).  

20 hours ago, J Town said:

Yeah . . . THAT'S why the whole world is stirred up in protest about this. The WHOLE WORLD is wrong? You are exactly the problem they protest against. Open you eyes!

Whole world?  LOl  funny you dont think Black commit more crimes?  really?  do your research

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, J Town said:

I repeat - you are the problem. You are like your master, you have no empathy. Yes, they commit more crimes, but the innocents are targeted exponentially more than necessary. Until you and your ilk open up your eyes or die off, this struggle will continue. You defend the brutality of the militarized police force. At this very moment the CIA is releasing an army with no identification. They do not have authority to arrest, but they can kill. And you're OK with that. The black movement is only asking for a fair shake and you seem unhappy with that.

So funny. CIA? proof?  you live in an alternate universe 

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

So funny. CIA? proof?  you live in an alternate universe 

Blather all you want (of course, you ignore the meat and focus on table scraps that fell on the floor).

It simply boils down to these two questions:
1. Do you deny there is institutionalized racism in the US?

2. Do you deny there is preventable police brutality that results in the murder of blacks?

Your answers will clearly define who you are and where you stand.

37 minutes ago, J Town said:

At this very moment the CIA is releasing an army with no identification. They do not have authority to arrest, but they can kill. And you're OK with that. The black movement is only asking for a fair shake and you seem unhappy with that.

No, I fell that the Black community should be fairly represented in this new CIA Army .

At least 25 % of this new secret CIA Army should be non White

4 minutes ago, J Town said:

Blather all you want (of course, you ignore the meat and focus on table scraps that fell on the floor).

It simply boils down to these two questions:
1. Do you deny there is institutionalized racism in the US?

2. Do you deny there is preventable police brutality that results in the murder of blacks?

Your answers will clearly define who you are and where you stand.

CIA links?  proof? anything like that?

1. yes

2. no but it's not just blacks

2 minutes ago, J Town said:

Oh, and the speaker of the house sent a letter demanding the executive branch identify these unidentified armed forces.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/06/05/protests-washington-dc-federal-agents-law-enforcement-302551

They are feds who don't want the scum to know who they are - hey just like your ANTIFA!  they hide behind masks and have no ID either - hypocrite 

Just now, J Town said:

No longer engaging with someone who denies proven institutionalized racism. God help you.

God is not a member of ANTIFA last time I heard and if there is a God he's not an identity politics enthusiast as He thinks ALL Lives Matter.

6 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

They are feds who don't want the scum to know who they are - hey just like your ANTIFA!  they hide behind masks and have no ID either - hypocrite 

You don't even seem to understand the difference between a state- entity and a private person!

On 6/4/2020 at 2:04 PM, teatime101 said:

I think you meant to type 'escalate' not 'end'. That would make more sense, at least.

Maybe turn America into what Northern Ireland was for many many year ....  The troubles ... Well funded and supported by many 'Irish immigrants' in US ...... Who knows how many more lives will be wasted ....

I am to some extent perplexed why with all the number of guns in private hands - not more have been killed?

I suppose you would get locked up or at least it would be impossible for you to stay in the community. Lets say you had a store .. and people wanted to loot it / burn it down.

Then ...

Lets say you just kill a few before they do to much damage.. So its better to just let it rip, hope the insurance will pay and start over.

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

Whole world?  LOl  funny you dont think Black commit more crimes?  really?  do your research

Perhaps they have less opportunities for health, education, housing and experience greater social disparity and inequality across a life span? Cumulative disadvantage and epigenetic responses?

On 6/4/2020 at 4:24 PM, dunroaming said:

If I had a business looted or burned then I would want the people found and prosecuted.  But as we know this is not the protestors doing it.  It is the usual gangs of thugs that turn out at every protest meeting.  Same in Britain, Germany, France and just about every other country out there.

Of course there will always be those who believe Trump's twisted version but it's probably best to just ignore them.

Well that is true it is not the peaceful protesters but the thugs as you say but unfortunately the scum use those who protest to cover their activity. Protect the peaceful citizens right to protest, which i fully support, but crack down HARD on the scum. 

Trump announces he is pulling National Guard from Washington, D.C., after peaceful protests

President Trump announced Sunday that he will begin withdrawing the National Guard from Washington D.C., after a weekend of peaceful protests. "I have just given an order for our National Guard to start the process of withdrawing from Washington, D.C., now that everything is under perfect control. They will be going home, but can quickly return, if needed. Far fewer protesters showed up last night than anticipated!" Mr. Trump tweeted.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/george-floyd-protest-blm-washington-dc-nyc-la-2020-06-07/