BANGKOK
webfact

All four Minneapolis police officers charged in George Floyd death

6 minutes ago, Tug said:

That’s not the point the guy was handcuffed no excuses none nada zip zilch no that beeing said it’s a tough job to be a cop it’s easy to be a bully behind the badge or wealth in the case of trump and spare a thought for the other 3 cops caught up in this imo it would have taken great courage on one of their parts to stop it risk their career or beeing ostracized by their fellow cops it’s a snafu to be sure but imo no excuses Floyd was cuffed andno threat no excuses this kind of stuff needs to stop

I get all this, and  I am sure a lot could had been done better. But you can expect to throw the cops in the mud and then get upset when they get dirty. The police needs to reform it's self but so does the community.

It takes two to tango.  

A 29 year old policemen, a good family man , was shot on the head and fighting for his life during the protests in Las Vegas. Where  is the outage over that? Where is his justice?  Did the media even report it? 

image.png.bf56f1a978fc511656c2a7665965d4e8.png 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Where  is the outage over that?

in 2019, 48 officers died as a result of felonious acts, 

1004 people where shot to death by police. 

Except in statistics, no really reports in media, no outrage.

The actual case was put on tape, and viewed by millions worldwide, hence the difference. 

Cynically one could pretend, that if every case, in the future, would be put on tape, it would become "monotonous", and nearly nobody would care anymore. 

20 hours ago, dexterm said:

the main perp kept his knee on Floyd's neck for a further 2 minutes when Floyd was unresponsive and the other cops could not feel a pulse. Pretty incriminating demonstration of his intention.

This seems similar to the killing of Oscar Grant in 2009 by the transit police officer in Oakland. Kneeling on the ground, hands behind his head, yet shot in the back. Cop's defense was that he meant to go for his taser. Bull. George Floyd was also totally subdued, yet killed as well.

In both cases, I believe something inside the cops snapped, and they were like, "You know what, I'm just going to waste this guy".

1 hour ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

This seems similar to the killing of Oscar Grant in 2009 by the transit police officer in Oakland. Kneeling on the ground, hands behind his head, yet shot in the back. Cop's defense was that he meant to go for his taser. Bull. George Floyd was also totally subdued, yet killed as well.

In both cases, I believe something inside the cops snapped, and they were like, "You know what, I'm just going to waste this guy".

I remember the Oakland killing, just not the same in my view.

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What people who break the law ‘deserve’ is a matter for the courts to decide.

thats what i said ,they will try him and he :"deserves all he gets:" do keep up .

9 hours ago, katana said:

Tony Timpa was killed by Dallas Police in 2016 in a similar manner with police kneeling on him until he stopped breathing and died.
He screamed “You’re going to kill me.” And they did. As he lay dead, they cracked jokes. There were no riots. Little coverage. He was white.
Warning - disturbing video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c-E_i8Q5G0

Dont be silly ,white lives dont matter ,we are just nasty racists ,the only people who ever kept slaves ,blacked our faces up on tv ,braid our hair and do lots of nasty things ,that any non white person would never ever dream of doing ,dont you know that?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

now it is being reported that the first two cops on the scene were rookies.  one guy on his fourth day and the other on his third shift (ever).  and the 'kneeler' was a training officer !!  he and his partner showed up later and took charge.  reports also indicate both rookies made comments - one said what was being done was wrong and the other said shouldn't we roll the guy over.

i find it hard to believe a jury is going to convict these rookies of any serious crime.

Edited by buick
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I said that.

Not in the post I quoted. You said you seriously doubt that he intended to kill him. If that’s true then this would make it second degree murder which you also said in the same post you think can’t be proven.

11 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Not in the post I quoted. You said you seriously doubt that he intended to kill him. If that’s true then this would make it second degree murder which you also said in the same post you think can’t be proven.

Huh? Please show the post where bluespunk said he doubted that he intended to kill him.

The more you read about the background to this case - the two contrasting autopsies, two cops being rookies, Mr. Floyds background, etc., etc., the more interesting it gets. What I see at the moment though is a mob mentality, and a good part of the Establishment bowing down to it. What we need are a few more Marshal Matt Dillon or Clay Blaisedell analogs. Not passing any judgement on the rights and wrongs of this case, by the way, but it needs to be sorted in a court of law not by a lynch mob.

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

Here’s Minnesota’s definition of second degree murder

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/trending/how-is-second-degree-murder-different-third-degree-charges-minnesota/5NZGNC2H4NCMRKXVRX4B7DE5FQ/

3 hours ago, chubby said:

Someday all   the folks  making excuses,  for what is plain to see,   will  know someone in their  family  thats  been abused,  and

decide that   communities, not just their  own  matter ,

Their patriotism is skin deep

https://twitter.com/JSCCounterPunch

Or, someday rioting, looting and home invasions will be common place in the once safe suburbs, as police officers leave their posts in droves and law and order breaks down.  just make sure you have enough "solidarity" to please everyone.

On 6/4/2020 at 8:39 AM, cyril sneer said:

to stop the protests?

wonder what the charge would have been if the victim was white

What charges were filed against the African immigrant police officer who murdered a white Australian lady?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Huh? Please show the post where bluespunk said he doubted that he intended to kill him.

Post 3:

"The cop is undoubtedly a thug whose actions are directly responsible for George Floyds death, but I seriously doubt he intended to kill him. 

Edited yesterday at 02:48 AM by Bluespunk "

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sirineou said:

I get all this, and  I am sure a lot could had been done better. But you can expect to throw the cops in the mud and then get upset when they get dirty. The police needs to reform it's self but so does the community.

It takes two to tango.  

A 29 year old policemen, a good family man , was shot on the head and fighting for his life during the protests in Las Vegas. Where  is the outage over that? Where is his justice?  Did the media even report it? 

image.png.bf56f1a978fc511656c2a7665965d4e8.png 

I also read that a police captain had been shot and killed.

Same lack of outrage - and he's black.

Does suggest some other motivations.

• Like 2