All four Minneapolis police officers charged in George Floyd death

webfact

This is great news. Now, the question is, will they be convicted and sentenced, where they will be afforded the opportunity to make alot of new friends in prison, and perhaps be subjected to "a knee every now and then"? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

one thing that doesn't get much attention (since there was a death), is what happened to the two guys with floyd.  it appears the first two cops on scene let them go.  they were probably under the influence and possibly in possession of drugs (if floyd was high, i'm guessing his buddies were too).  the cops did a good job in letting those guys go, floyd was driving the car so he was in more trouble (DUI).  not worth the time and effort to deal with simple under the influence and possibly possession charges.  the black community should applaud that.  been asking for it for decades.  the first two cops on the scene seem to be a better team than the next two to arrive (the kneeler was one of those).

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Bottom line is............all he had to do was get in the police car and stay there.........if there was respect for officialdom it would not of happened, but thats all out the windows these days............too many groups out to protect your civil liberties even when blatantly in the wrong

Bottom line is the officer used a technique that is not authorised on a guy that was not resisting for 8 minutes, and 2 minutes after being told he was unresponsive.

so bottom line is officer rightly charged.

Btw, there is no law that says you have to respect police, and why would they get respect the way they act.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Posted above, 10 unarmed blacks were killed by cops in 2019 in USA 

Population 330 million

Most of those were self defence and no charges pressed

You couldn't explain how to use a tap, never mind anything more complicated

You will find it in the Washington Post, the newspaper of choice for left wing hand wringer and ne'er do wells

Link to the data please?

• Haha 1

Just now, Sujo said:

Bottom line is the officer used a technique that is not authorised on a guy that was not resisting for 8 minutes, and 2 minutes after being told he was unresponsive.

so bottom line is officer rightly charged.

Btw, there is no law that says you have to respect police, and why would they get respect the way they act.

I think it is authorised, not sure about length of time though and actual technique used

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Hidden behind a pay wall.

i was able to access the page.  maybe clear your browser history and restart your computer if you are interested in seeing the page.  i'm in thailand, not sure if location matters for the pay wall thing.

1 minute ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

As one lawyer commenting on this put it:

but another lawyer can put it another way - that is their specialty.  the kneeler's attorney might claim the kneeler had a bad case of PTSD from his long career and wasn't able to focus anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Sujo said:

And therein lies the problem............no respect for authority

You could argue its a chicken and egg syndrome with no solution...............

Everyone seems to be missing the main point. Where is the "supposed" counterfeit bill? Either Floyd or the shopkeeper had it. A simple scan of the money would prove whether the money was fake or not although, it would not prove that Floyd intentionally tried to spend it knowing it was fake. So, where is it??? My guess it should be with Floyd as there would be a different scene if the shopkeeper tried to keep it.

31 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

The reason everyone believe white get a pass is because whites killed by police will not garner national attention; it doesn't fit the narrative. It will sometimes make local newspapers. But, it is never taken on the road.  

The reality is that whites are killed by police in greater numbers than Blacks other "people of color". And, if we are to assume that whites aren't arrested as much as Blacks, whites must be being killed off in a higher percentage of incidents. 

The good news is that, overall, the trend seems to be declining ...

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 10.56.35.png

Yeah, half the number.

While making up only 12% of the population, compared to the 72% that whites make up. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Canuck1966 said:

The four will get off, I think they have gone for too much with murder 2

I didn't know til recently that George refused to stay in the police car.

They placed him in there and he fought and came out the other side, claiming claustrophobia

Two points .........

1) the government dare not 'let them off', anything less than 20 years will result in huge destruction of property.

2) The only police car in the world where you can open the back doors from the inside.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, curious297 said:

Everyone seems to be missing the main point. Where is the "supposed" counterfeit bill? Either Floyd or the shopkeeper had it. A simple scan of the money would prove whether the money was fake or not although, it would not prove that Floyd intentionally tried to spend it knowing it was fake. So, where is it??? My guess it should be with Floyd as there would be a different scene if the shopkeeper tried to keep it.

The main point is not about counterfeit bills. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Two points .........

1) the government dare not 'let them off', anything less than 20 years will result in huge destruction of property.

2) The only police car in the world where you can open the back doors from the inside.

No, I can vouch for no latches on the inside ahahaaa, I'm assuming he fought them and was going to hurt himself so the cops took him out to better restrain him, knee on neck excessive period of time but was first initiated to prevent Floyd from injuring himself.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Agreed !

Abuse of power in ANY position, Police, Military anywhere is wrong and should be stamped out - Period !

There is far too much of this kind of thing creeping in to society for years, it needs to be faced up to and dealt with, eradicated from our lives.

One thing that the graph did point out is that the number police linked killings has been going down.