BANGKOK
webfact

All four Minneapolis police officers charged in George Floyd death

This is great news. Now, the question is, will they be convicted and sentenced, where they will be afforded the opportunity to make alot of new friends in prison, and perhaps be subjected to "a knee every now and then"? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

one thing that doesn't get much attention (since there was a death), is what happened to the two guys with floyd.  it appears the first two cops on scene let them go.  they were probably under the influence and possibly in possession of drugs (if floyd was high, i'm guessing his buddies were too).  the cops did a good job in letting those guys go, floyd was driving the car so he was in more trouble (DUI).  not worth the time and effort to deal with simple under the influence and possibly possession charges.  the black community should applaud that.  been asking for it for decades.  the first two cops on the scene seem to be a better team than the next two to arrive (the kneeler was one of those).

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Bottom line is............all he had to do was get in the police car and stay there.........if there was respect for officialdom it would not of happened, but thats all out the windows these days............too many groups out to protect your civil liberties even when blatantly in the wrong

Bottom line is the officer used a technique that is not authorised on a guy that was not resisting for 8 minutes, and 2 minutes after being told he was unresponsive.

so bottom line is officer rightly charged.

Btw, there is no law that says you have to respect police, and why would they get respect the way they act.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Posted above, 10 unarmed blacks were killed by cops in 2019 in USA 

Population 330 million

Most of those were self defence and no charges pressed

You couldn't explain how to use a tap, never mind anything more complicated

You will find it in the Washington Post, the newspaper of choice for left wing hand wringer and ne'er do wells

Link to the data please?

• Haha 1

Just now, Sujo said:

Bottom line is the officer used a technique that is not authorised on a guy that was not resisting for 8 minutes, and 2 minutes after being told he was unresponsive.

so bottom line is officer rightly charged.

Btw, there is no law that says you have to respect police, and why would they get respect the way they act.

I think it is authorised, not sure about length of time though and actual technique used

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Link to the data please?

Just look at the link I posted earlier. 

That quotes The Washington Post verbatim 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I think it is going to be hard to prove intent to kill.

I dont think they have to, I think extreme indifference to life is enough for 2nd degree murder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Hidden behind a pay wall.

i was able to access the page.  maybe clear your browser history and restart your computer if you are interested in seeing the page.  i'm in thailand, not sure if location matters for the pay wall thing.