All four Minneapolis police officers charged in George Floyd death

webfact

12 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

I also read that a police captain had been shot and killed.

Same lack of outrage - and he's black.

Does suggest some other motivations.

85 people shot over the weekend in Chicago, 24 killed. A black police officer (as quoted by Baer) was shot dead by rioters. Why don’t any of these people concern BLM and the black community. Close to 200 homicides in Chicago this year most black on black crime. Why is this not covered? Where is the outrage. Why are they choosing to martyr G Floyd.

Edited by i84teen
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, i84teen said:

Post 3:

"The cop is undoubtedly a thug whose actions are directly responsible for George Floyds death, but I seriously doubt he intended to kill him. 

Edited yesterday at 02:48 AM by Bluespunk "

And I stand by that.

I feel chauvin is undoubtedly responsible for his death but I don’t believe he intended to kill George Floyd. 

That said I won’t be shedding any tears if the ex cop is found guilty of second degree murder.

He deserves all he gets. 

Edited by Bluespunk

5 minutes ago, i84teen said:

A black police officer (as quoted by Baer) was shot dead by rioters. Why don’t any of these people concern BLM and the black community.

This would halt the momentum that the rioters and the MSM would like to keep going.  Also it doesn't fit the narrative for the perpetual black victims of brutality or your sub-standard white virtue signaler.

20 minutes ago, i84teen said:

82 people shot over the weekend in Chicago. 22 killed. A black police officer (as quoted by Baer) was shot dead by rioters. Why don’t any of these people concern BLM and the black community. Close to 200 homicides in Chicago this year most black on black crime. Why is this not covered? Where is the outrage. Why are they choosing to martyr G Floyd.

BLM movement concerning black on black murders have been covered extensively over the years. IMO a good article, although from 2015, debating the issue...

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/10/black-lives-matter-loury-mcwhorter/409117/

Edited by simple1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, i84teen said:

85 people shot over the weekend in Chicago, 24 killed. A black police officer (as quoted by Baer) was shot dead by rioters. Why don’t any of these people concern BLM and the black community. Close to 200 homicides in Chicago this year most black on black crime. Why is this not covered? Where is the outrage. Why are they choosing to martyr G Floyd.

I will hazard a guess, but it maybe, because if you chose to become a police officer, it it a possibility, that you get injured or even killed, in the line of duty!

If you show me a paper, where George Floyd signed up to get killed for going shopping....

Anyways: it is horrific that ANYBODY has to die over this!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

Horrific?  Engaging in criminal activity, off his face on drugs while not following police commands.  Seems unfortunate.

A child that bleeds out alone on the pavement from gunshot wounds during a drive-by shooting, now that's Horrific. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

I will hazard a guess, but it maybe, because if you chose to become a police officer, it it a possibility, that you get injured or even killed, in the line of duty!

If you show me a paper, where George Floyd signed up to get killed for going shopping....

I am unsure but I think the black cop that was killed during the riots was actually retired from duty.

Quite likely G Floyd could have easily played his cards differently shaping the outcome of the event that cost him his life.

Edited by i84teen
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Heppinger said:

Horrific?  Engaging in criminal activity, off his face on drugs while not following police commands.  Seems unfortunate.

A child that bleeds out alone on the pavement from gunshot wounds during a drive-by shooting, now that's Horrific. 

Yeah...alright: everyone dead on YOUR side is a tragedy!

Everybody on the other side had it somehow coming, including George Floyd!

Got it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, i84teen said:

I am unsure but I think the black cop that was killed during the riots was actually retired from duty.

Quite likely G Floyd could have easily played his cards differently shaping the outcome of the event that cost him his life.

Yeah...he could have been born white, the fool!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

Yeah...he could have been born white, the fool!

Those are your words.

But yes, if he complied, stayed put instead of trying to escape from police custody there is a very strong likelihood he wakes up the next day unless of course he OD's instead, on whatever quantity of drugs he had in his system.

The toxicology report stated he has 11 ng/ml of active Fentanyl and 5.6 ng/ml of norfentanyl, that's like 5 times the maximum therapeutic dose and enough to OD.

Edited by i84teen
grammar
  • Confused 1

Who was George Floyd?

George Floyd was a 46-year-old dad who spent most of his life in his hometown of Houston, Texas.

He was charged in 2007 with armed robbery in a home invasion in Houston.

In 2009 Floyd was sentenced to five years in prison as part of a plea deal, according to court documents.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11717522/who-george-floyd-why-arrested-minneapolis/

cops were being carefull with his previous record

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, i84teen said:

The decision to murder Floyd was not a decision Floyd made.

But go ahead, blame the victim.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The decision to murder Floyd was not a decision Floyd made.

But go ahead, blame the victim.

An unfortunate victim, yes, of his own circumstances.

I can bet the police didn't make him pass counterfeit currency, or make him resist, and attempt escape all the while spun out in the ozones on drugs. We all have to be accountable for our decisions. Unfortunately not one single circumstance evolved in the equation, but many factors combined to create this mess and floyd needs to shoulder some of it. He died, unfortunately but his actions do have bearing in all this. Not so innocent.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/4/2020 at 9:46 AM, Canuck1966 said:

Plenty of videos on the internet of white folk being killed more blatantly than that by cops

Links ? ..

21 hours ago, sirineou said:

In the US there are some very rough neighborhoods, cops have to deal with them on a daily bases. Sooner or later some of these involvements will go wrong. It is inevitable. If we keep burning the country every time..................

George Floyd was no choir boy,  he had an arrest record as long as your arm, including arm robbery , 1998 in an armed robbery. Floyd, then 24 years old, was sentenced to 10 months in prison.But his most horrific crime occurred in 2007, where he robbed a woman's house in a robbery, pressed a gun to her stomach, and searched the house for drugs and money, according to court reports. 

https://www.frontnieuws.com/nachtmerrie-george-floyd-duwde-pistool-op-buik-van-moeder-beroofd-in-haar-eigen-huis/?fbclid=IwAR2CnxmCb7gmxFTem1ZlQXC88DGXeSH5mO_uFDGBwXT7CxYwALtXESoj8JU

" Floyd had landed five years behind bars in 2009 "

https://nypost.com/2020/06/02/george-floyd-had-violent-criminal-history-minneapolis-union-chief/

I truly believe the USA is going insane. 

I agree. 

The police involved should get the justice they deserve, but George Floyd was a low-life 5 time loser, drug addict and violent offender, and no one should be wearing his face on a t-shirt.

• Like 1

I have a bad feeling about this.  Right now the authorities are going at it hard to press the most charges they can and set bail as high as they can to appease the mobs.  What happens when justice runs it's course and most of them do not get convicted of anything serious and Chauvin only gets a few years for manslaughter?  This is very possible.  Round two of the protests/riots?  I think so.  

Since nothing they do now seems to mollify the protestors why bother with the extreme charges?  Take it slow and ramp up the charges as the evidence gives you enough to convict on them.   

Pretty clear this cop (and maybe the others I'm not playing that close attention to videos and <deleted>) needs punishment and not because the victim was black.  But because he killed someone.   Also pretty clear the riots are no longer anything to do with Floyd.  

When people protest peacefully, I do listen. When they start with the looting & smashing stuff up, they lose all credibility.

Looking at some of the Streams that Max posted, I just want them all to be gassed - Tear gas, not the other one. ????

It's no excuse for police heavy handiness, but I am sure they get pished off dealing with this 'thuggery'