Phuket opens but who will visit?

webfact

It has been said that its going to bilateral in the meaning that certain countries will not have to quarantine. Most of europe , australia.. etc.. BUT.. problem is that they might have to quarantine when they travel home again.. And nobody knows yet IF phuket airport opens for International flights from 1. July anyway....Clear as mud still...

• Like 1

Phuket is cr@p- STAY AWAY (brought to you by us selfish people who love the current tranquility but feel sorry for all those who have lost their livelyhood- except for taxis, minibus drivers and tuk tuk drivers of course). ????

Edited by Psimbo
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 5:58 AM, xylophone said:

Yeah never did much like that drink!!

When I were a wee lad in the 70’s, every Saturday morning the Corona truck would deliver orders of said fizzy pop to our road. My favourite was limeade and I would dispute the cherryade contained anything derived from cherries. You could also get 2 bob on return of the glass bottles which help subsidise our predilection for the fayre served up by the local chippie and a crafty smoke behind the bike sheds. Some of you young-at-heart gentlemen who were spawned in the UK may remember such a brew. Aye, when crisps tasted like crisps in packets that contained a possible lethal dose of salt, a perfect complement to the sugary fizzy drink.

https://www.doyouremember.co.uk/memory/corona-soft-drinks?page=11

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, billythehat said:

When I were a wee lad in the 70’s, every Saturday morning the Corona truck would deliver orders of said fizzy pop to our road. My favourite was limeade and I would dispute the cherryade contained anything derived from cherries. You could also get 2 bob on return of the glass bottles which help subsidise our predilection for the fayre served up by the local chippie and a crafty smoke behind the bike sheds. Some of you young-at-heart gentlemen who were spawned in the UK may remember such a brew. Aye, when crisps tasted like crisps in packets that contained a possible lethal dose of salt, a perfect complement to the sugary fizzy drink.

We had the R.White's van, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hro4AdTYiTA

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, billythehat said:

Fascinating.

How one word can elicit a flurry of old geezer reminiscences completely off the topic at hand.

On 6/8/2020 at 3:08 PM, billythehat said:

My favourite Dandelion and Burdock it was Smiths crisp with the little bag of salt

• Confused 1

The hotels are allowed to open but their are no tourist and almost no staff.

I have many fiends who owns hotels and non of them are opening as it would cost more many to open then to stay closed until at least the tourist are allowed back into the country.

Patong was yesterday evening a ghost town.

• Like 1

People want to believe that tourism will get back to what it was in 1-2 years citing how wonderful Thailand is and all the efforts that TAT and the tourism will be making.  Not very likely, though.

All other countries will be making efforts, also.  And, they have actual experts who know the industry. 

Thailand was doing it's best to drive away western tourism and complained about the Chinese.  Why would they return now?

Thailand is not the inexpensive spot it once was.

Most likely that half of the hotels and condos will close over the next 3 years.  Thailand will become even less desirable with all the vacant structures.

Bangkok may gain back much of its tourists, but, there's many better choices that Phuket and Pattaya.

• Like 1