BANGKOK
webfact

No foreign tourists so we can't go on - Cha-Am water park shut for "at least 12 months"

No foreign tourists so we can't go on - Cha-Am water park shut for "at least 12 months"

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Popular water and fun park Santorini in Cha-Am has announced that it will extend its closure for at least another 12 months or until travel restrictions and uncertainty comes to an end.

They said that their largest group of customers are foreign tourists and due to the coronavirus pandemic their business has severely suffered. 

The "difficult" announcement on Santorini's fan page in Thai and English mentioned June 1st as the date of the start of the temporary closure extension.

They thanked their Thai and foreign customers for their patronage.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-04

news_QhhchLlCXk174209_533.jpg

Picture: Daily News

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Thousand+ other business same. Will not open this year. Maybe never if owner loose to much money. Many finish already.

I go Phuket yesterday. Thalang and Muang. It feel strange so empty. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Thousand+ other business same. Will not open this year. Maybe never if owner loose to much money. Many finish already.

I go Phuket yesterday. Thalang and Muang. It feel strange so empty. 

My ex #3's hotel at Phuket Airport is still empty - there are no customers, not even domestic Thais.  She can hold out for maybe 1 more month, then the business will have to close.  Sad, because I built that little hotel around 2011 with my own hands....

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

32 minutes ago, simon43 said:

My ex #3's hotel at Phuket Airport is still empty - there are no customers, not even domestic Thais.  She can hold out for maybe 1 more month, then the business will have to close.  Sad, because I built that little hotel around 2011 with my own hands....

Get a brown envelope and get it listed on a quarantine hotel for returning chinese on 14 day lockdowns

Go to macro and buy a case of tom yum goong mama cups and put one in each room as bait..enjoy

JK....hope you make it thru the storm

Already, a few days after the opening of SANTORIN, you had to pay an entrance fee and, to access the wheel, you also had to pay.
All this to see a semblance of a Greek island, luxury stores.
We never returned.
Better go to Greece, and for the stores, we go to BLUPORT, and in addition it is cool.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kotsak said:

Yes, reducing prices is unthinkable over here.. A 1% of something is better than 100% of nothing but good luck trying to explain that to them. 😏

Probably had tripple pricing schemes already that why missing the foreigners.

I didn't;t know there even was a water park at Cha-Am. I've been to Cha-Am several times but never seen it.

Why don't they keep it open for domestic tourists? We keep hearing how domestic tourism will be the great saviour. Things like this that need regular maintenance fall to pieces very quickly in Thailand. Just bring the price down or give out discount coupons. If it closes for 12 months it will not re-open in my opinion.

• Like 1

When I went it was 50 baht to enter but for my son to play on the bouncy castle 100 baht  and I needed to buy their socks at 50 baht even though he was wearing socks ,never went again 

11 hours ago, simon43 said:

So sorry, hope you can get over it one day

I live in Hua Hin and we all loved Santorini, more than Vana Nava water park. They did not charge foreigners more than Thais! In fact, I was given senior citizen discount, while my Thai friend paid full admission.

• Like 2