No foreign tourists so we can't go on - Cha-Am water park shut for "at least 12 months"

webfact

No foreign tourists so we can't go on - Cha-Am water park shut for "at least 12 months"

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Popular water and fun park Santorini in Cha-Am has announced that it will extend its closure for at least another 12 months or until travel restrictions and uncertainty comes to an end.

They said that their largest group of customers are foreign tourists and due to the coronavirus pandemic their business has severely suffered. 

The "difficult" announcement on Santorini's fan page in Thai and English mentioned June 1st as the date of the start of the temporary closure extension.

They thanked their Thai and foreign customers for their patronage.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-04

news_QhhchLlCXk174209_533.jpg

Picture: Daily News

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Thousand+ other business same. Will not open this year. Maybe never if owner loose to much money. Many finish already.

I go Phuket yesterday. Thalang and Muang. It feel strange so empty. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Thousand+ other business same. Will not open this year. Maybe never if owner loose to much money. Many finish already.

I go Phuket yesterday. Thalang and Muang. It feel strange so empty. 

My ex #3's hotel at Phuket Airport is still empty - there are no customers, not even domestic Thais.  She can hold out for maybe 1 more month, then the business will have to close.  Sad, because I built that little hotel around 2011 with my own hands....

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

32 minutes ago, simon43 said:

My ex #3's hotel at Phuket Airport is still empty - there are no customers, not even domestic Thais.  She can hold out for maybe 1 more month, then the business will have to close.  Sad, because I built that little hotel around 2011 with my own hands....

Get a brown envelope and get it listed on a quarantine hotel for returning chinese on 14 day lockdowns

Go to macro and buy a case of tom yum goong mama cups and put one in each room as bait..enjoy

JK....hope you make it thru the storm

Already, a few days after the opening of SANTORIN, you had to pay an entrance fee and, to access the wheel, you also had to pay.
All this to see a semblance of a Greek island, luxury stores.
We never returned.
Better go to Greece, and for the stores, we go to BLUPORT, and in addition it is cool.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kotsak said:

Yes, reducing prices is unthinkable over here.. A 1% of something is better than 100% of nothing but good luck trying to explain that to them. ????

Probably had tripple pricing schemes already that why missing the foreigners.

I didn't;t know there even was a water park at Cha-Am. I've been to Cha-Am several times but never seen it.

Why don't they keep it open for domestic tourists? We keep hearing how domestic tourism will be the great saviour. Things like this that need regular maintenance fall to pieces very quickly in Thailand. Just bring the price down or give out discount coupons. If it closes for 12 months it will not re-open in my opinion.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, simon43 said:

So sorry, hope you can get over it one day

Looks like this complex will soon be another white elephant down here, along with the Swiss Sheep Farm and Camel World

Another one was The Vanesia shopping complex, a real mega shopping mall with a mega parking fee.

Now its a ghost town.

Who thinks these places will make money? 

I hope the investors are not in a rush to see any profits in this life time

23 hours ago, kotsak said:

Yes, reducing prices is unthinkable over here.. A 1% of something is better than 100% of nothing but good luck trying to explain that to them. ????

Plenty of places in CM lowered prices, but stupid to lower prices below your costs of business

8 hours ago, moe666 said:

Plenty of places in CM lowered prices, but stupid to lower prices below your costs of business

You can offer free rooms for foreign tourists right now and guess what?No one will show up because the

country is closed.It will be awhile before they want to come back,imagine you are here on holiday and a

mass infection rate breaks out.You will be grounded and wishing you would have stayed home!

Edited by jvs

On 6/4/2020 at 8:53 AM, smedly said:

local tourists cannot pay the entrance charge so just close

Santorini was always good value I thought, they actually did discounts for residents...foreign or Thai of Petchaburi province. In fact all the times I visited, I would say was at least 90% Thai customers...unless it has changed in the past year or so.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

Looks like this complex will soon be another white elephant down here, along with the Swiss Sheep Farm and Camel World

Another one was The Vanesia shopping complex, a real mega shopping mall with a mega parking fee.

Now its a ghost town.

Who thinks these places will make money? 

I hope the investors are not in a rush to see any profits in this life time

Venisia was ok until the entrance fee went from zero to 400 baht....what did they expect

On 6/4/2020 at 10:00 AM, sirocco said:

Already, a few days after the opening of SANTORIN, you had to pay an entrance fee and, to access the wheel, you also had to pay.
All this to see a semblance of a Greek island, luxury stores.
We never returned.
Better go to Greece, and for the stores, we go to BLUPORT, and in addition it is cool.

Agreed. I checked it out and was disappointed in the attractions. It's really just a shopping mall. 

On 6/4/2020 at 7:55 AM, Yinn said:

Can't deny a bit of "schadenfreude". But I'd wish this crisis had a kind of a "reboot" effect so that, maybe one day, we could experience again the Thai look and feel of 30 years ago.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 9:42 AM, kotsak said:

hold on , i got a 635 bath reduction on my electricity bill this month,.................................