Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

No foreign tourists so we can't go on - Cha-Am water park shut for "at least 12 months"

Recommended Posts

Looks like this complex will soon be another white elephant down here, along with the Swiss Sheep Farm and Camel World

Another one was The Vanesia shopping complex, a real mega shopping mall with a mega parking fee.

Now its a ghost town.

Who thinks these places will make money? 

I hope the investors are not in a rush to see any profits in this life time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, kotsak said:

Yes, reducing prices is unthinkable over here.. A 1% of something is better than 100% of nothing but good luck trying to explain that to them. 😏

Plenty of places in CM lowered prices, but stupid to lower prices below your costs of business

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, moe666 said:

Plenty of places in CM lowered prices, but stupid to lower prices below your costs of business

You can offer free rooms for foreign tourists right now and guess what?No one will show up because the

country is closed.It will be awhile before they want to come back,imagine you are here on holiday and a

mass infection rate breaks out.You will be grounded and wishing you would have stayed home!

Edited by jvs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 8:53 AM, smedly said:

local tourists cannot pay the entrance charge so just close

Santorini was always good value I thought, they actually did discounts for residents...foreign or Thai of Petchaburi province. In fact all the times I visited, I would say was at least 90% Thai customers...unless it has changed in the past year or so.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

Looks like this complex will soon be another white elephant down here, along with the Swiss Sheep Farm and Camel World

Another one was The Vanesia shopping complex, a real mega shopping mall with a mega parking fee.

Now its a ghost town.

Who thinks these places will make money? 

I hope the investors are not in a rush to see any profits in this life time

Venisia was ok until the entrance fee went from zero to 400 baht....what did they expect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 10:00 AM, sirocco said:

Already, a few days after the opening of SANTORIN, you had to pay an entrance fee and, to access the wheel, you also had to pay.
All this to see a semblance of a Greek island, luxury stores.
We never returned.
Better go to Greece, and for the stores, we go to BLUPORT, and in addition it is cool.

Agreed. I checked it out and was disappointed in the attractions. It's really just a shopping mall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 7:55 AM, Yinn said:

Thousand+ other business same. Will not open this year. Maybe never if owner loose to much money. Many finish already.

Can't deny a bit of "schadenfreude". But I'd wish this crisis had a kind of a "reboot" effect so that, maybe one day, we could experience again the Thai look and feel of 30 years ago.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 9:42 AM, kotsak said:

Yes, reducing prices is unthinkable over here.. A 1% of something is better than 100% of nothing but good luck trying to explain that to them. 😏

hold on , i got a 635 bath reduction on my electricity bill this month,.................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...