BANGKOK
webfact

Prachuap: German retiree caught on 2,528 day overstay

18 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Using your logic, all countries, worldwide, are "evil governments"...unless you can name any that don't require aliens to have visas.

Some countries are more evil than others, and Thailand today is right at the top of the list.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Michael doesn't care about laws. He even drives cars illegally. If he had an accident the insurance would not have paid anything. But obviously he does not care... 

Anything else to add about this dreadful miscreant....?

😂

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, GlassWayOverHalfFull said:

Why didn't you report him? Why do you think he had the ability not to fit in with the rules that the rest of us use? 

"rules that the rest of us use". The rest of us??

10 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You must lead a very sad/ boring life, i really pity you, heartless uncaring sad individual.I

Why? Because I don't do illegal things? 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Maybe there could be a place called Farang-Town in BKK, in the same way as there's a China-Town? The Chinese brought their culture etc to Thailand, is that any different?

Already have one...called Lower Sukhumvit Road

17 hours ago, Oldie said:

He obviously didn't care about laws very much. Such Farangs just create problems for all that obey to the rules. It is hard for me to understand why you want to protect an individual that doesn't care even about the most simple laws. Please Thailand deport him and do not allow him to come back. We don't need such people creating problems for all the many who follow the rules. 

Welcome to the "scared of your own shadow" brigade.

2 minutes ago, poohy said:

You on the other hand are perfect!

We can only aspire to become as holy as this  "Oldie" creature

I sincerely hope karma heaps pestilences upon you 

I have a valid retirement extension and the Thai driving license for car and motorbike.

3 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Why? Because I don't do illegal things? 

I notice you are quick to respond to my post, yet you did not respond to my post 77.

Still waiting for your smart comment to my question to you in that post.

17 hours ago, Oldie said:

Then allow me to ask 1 question. And please answer it. Did he have a valid visa?

I have been living here for almost 30 years and I always had one. I know what will happen if I don't care. And to extend my extension is up to them and not up to me. Laws can change at any time. This will never be my home country. I understand and accept this. But if someone doesn't it is not the fault of Thailand. 

With an outlook like yours, you may as well just stay in your bed, you sure can't have much of a life otherwise.

Jesus Maria. The Germans took over. Help. This is going to nowhere...

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

Read Oldies early posts.😀

No thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moose7117 said:

Michael was well known in our little community, often seen doodling around town on an old fino.

He was harmless, spoke quite reasonable Thai and always ready for a laugh.

Although many of the locals knew of his flight, it can be hard to help a proud man as sometimes they won't accept it.

i had a few long conversations with him as he occasionally drove me to the airport in Bangkok.

Before you guys start crowing about him driving illegally, he used my car or a rental that i paid for, he just drove me for something to do.

Some people in this country actually do care for others and provide help when they can.

maybe , as we are the immigrants in this country that can show us such hostility, we should stop bickering and belittling each other and try to help each other.

i will be ridiculed by others here but i don't care because so many of you are simply bitter.

Maybe you should return albeit briefly to your home countries and open your eyes to why you actually moved here in the first place and realise this ain't to bad a place to be.

if not and you keep complaining simply <deleted> off somewhere else and complain about that place.

moose.

Thanks Mr Moose. Moving forward, Michael can work at reducing the period of his ban. Once his Government pension is in place he will be in a much better position.

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I notice you are quick to respond to my post, yet you did not respond to my post 77.

Still waiting for your smart comment to my question to you in that post.

I just checked your #77. You write

"So in your opinion, when i was 35 days overstay, i should have been deported." 

Now i begin to understand why you have so much sympathy for this overstaying guy.

The law in respect of overstaying is pretty clear. Up to you if you don't care. Just don't complain about the consequences afterwards. 

• Sad 2