Prachuap: German retiree caught on 2,528 day overstay

webfact

5 hours ago, Mister T said:

He is a well liked man, has always gone out of his way to help people, both Thai and foreigner. Most of us knew of his visa situation, so I doubt he was grassed up.

Why didn't you report him? Why do you think he had the ability not to fit in with the rules that the rest of us use? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, robbioff said:

No worries Michael. Head back to Deutschland, change your name, get a new passport, see you next year! ???? 
#good guys back in#

Not no more with all the bio metric's, it has been done in the past

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mister T said:

He is a well liked man, has always gone out of his way to help people, both Thai and foreigner. Most of us knew of his visa situation, so I doubt he was grassed up.

He obviously didn't care about laws very much. Such Farangs just create problems for all that obey to the rules. It is hard for me to understand why you want to protect an individual that doesn't care even about the most simple laws. Please Thailand deport him and do not allow him to come back. We don't need such people creating problems for all the many who follow the rules. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 12

1 hour ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Still the case for Germans.

"Seven years ago though, when he went on overstay , you just needed a letter from your Embassy without actually having to have the cash"

After I retired, I came in 2008 and got a one-year A-O Visa.  I did not need any cash, but I did need proof of adequate income in the UK which was verified the British Consulate.

Perhaps our German friend did not have sufficient income in Germany because it seems that he woukd not yet have a pension and with no job he was probably financially challeneged  !

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, poohy said:

What an odious comment  maybe you have a visa but no friends

I have no friends because I obey laws? Just an other strange person that likes people who don't care about laws. You are right with one thing - I never would allow such people to be my friend. Never! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

1 minute ago, faraday said:

"The facts seem to be clear"

You don't know them; only what you've read.

I think - & I have no facts or evidence, that there is a lot more to this.

Then allow me to ask 1 question. And please answer it. Did he have a valid visa?

I have been living here for almost 30 years and I always had one. I know what will happen if I don't care. And to extend my extension is up to them and not up to me. Laws can change at any time. This will never be my home country. I understand and accept this. But if someone doesn't it is not the fault of Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You don't seem to understand , this guy was of retirement age and thus he deserves sympathy .

Only younger people on tourists visa who overstay deserve some vitriol and abuse .

This guy is one of us...……………..be nice and sympathetic to him 

I try to understand. But this guy is not one of us. I know many expats here but they are not like this lawless guy. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5