Prachuap: German retiree caught on 2,528 day overstay

webfact

5 hours ago, Kerryd said:

if he tries any shenanigans (like changing his name) no doubt he'd get reported (again) by the same person that reported him the first time.

Only if he was dumb enough to go back to the same town. 
It's tough if they're not getting fingerprints on arrival. 

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

The 100 Baht don't mean much to you. But it means a lot to the waiter who has to pay for it. It is not only the money but also the loss of face that happened. Please do it. 100 Baht can change a lot. For sure not for you or me but for others. 

So if it means so very much presumably 20 Baht is okay, no?

3 hours ago, Morakot said:
5 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Why would it be illegal?   There are no IB regulations requiring that lump sum money in the bank has to come from an IB-approved source.

It would not be illegal if the money would be gifted (and income tax paid on it).

But I don't think that's what the poster really suggested.

It would not be illegal at all and having to to have had income tax paid on it on it is nonsense.   The lump sum has to be in the applicants account no one asks where it comes from or whether tax has been paid on it, geez.

Perhaps he was overwhelmed with the paper war or was tired of it.
With increasing age it always becomes more difficult.
At 64 years, it is easier in Thailand to have a new girlfriend every day, than to keep up with the constant new visa and registration requirements.
Fortunately, there are many other beautiful, warm countries, where he can enjoy his retirement.
Good luck.

The rules are the rules and unfortunately he did not follow them.

Imagine being sent back to your home country, maybe to nothing, no home, car, money etc. and trying to make a life at his age?

Sure it is his own fault, but the punishment seems quite harsh for something non-violent like overstay.

Family left behind?

5 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

You don't seem to understand , this guy was of retirement age and thus he deserves sympathy .

Only younger people on tourists visa who overstay deserve some vitriol and abuse .

This guy is one of us...……………..be nice and sympathetic to him 

He may have lost all his money to a Thai woman

Couldn't afford a visa, couldn't afford to go home, no place to go home to

Worst of all situations when you are in a foreign country with no money

6 hours ago, Oldie said:

He obviously didn't care about laws very much. Such Farangs just create problems for all that obey to the rules. It is hard for me to understand why you want to protect an individual that doesn't care even about the most simple laws. Please Thailand deport him and do not allow him to come back. We don't need such people creating problems for all the many who follow the rules. 

Compassion is not your forte is it?

Quite possible he lost what money he came with to a Thai woman along the way

No way to pay for a visa

No where in Germany to return home to

Just surviving day to day?

Could have been a situation he had no solution for, happens all the time

I am sure the shear stress of living the past 7 years on overstay was enough to drive a person mad

People that willfully violate the law is one matter

If you lost everything you own and have no choice is another matter

Lots of Bravado from folks like you, till it happens to you

Could happen to anyone

You could run someone over, accidentally injure a Thai, wife clean you out, etc. Get sued for millions of baht, and end up in the same situation

Karma has a habit of catching up with in-compassionate people in life

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 9:57 AM, Mister T said:

He is a well liked man, has always gone out of his way to help people, both Thai and foreigner. Most of us knew of his visa situation, so I doubt he was grassed up.

The best excuse i have heard since yesterday. He is why the visas are becoming more difficult.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

A lot of hypocracy from some TVF members. How many would be so compassionate towards illegal immigrants back in your own home countries. Yet when it's a westerners living illegally abroad they're harmless and you make excuses for them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Abmong said:

A lot of hypocracy from some TVF members. How many would be so compassionate towards illegal immigrants back in your own home countries. Yet when it's a westerners living illegally abroad they're harmless and you make excuses for them.

The man is 64 years old, how can he rape and kill our women? :tongue:

6 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

I recently went out to eat in a restaurant and they gave me a 100 Baht extra back in my change .

I didn't tell no one and kept the money .

Would you be my friend ? 

No. The server now is responsible for your theft.

If he wasn't renting 

I would start by looking who gets the house he was living in. This will be the person who called the hotline to summon the "asssmart" BMW

Edited by maprao
Spelling

4 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Compassion is not your forte is it?

Quite possible he lost what money he came with to a Thai woman along the way

No way to pay for a visa

No where in Germany to return home to

Just surviving day to day?

Could have been a situation he had no solution for, happens all the time

I am sure the shear stress of living the past 7 years on overstay was enough to drive a person mad

People that willfully violate the law is one matter

If you lost everything you own and have no choice is another matter

Lots of Bravado from folks like you, till it happens to you

Could happen to anyone

You could run someone over, accidentally injure a Thai, wife clean you out, etc. Get sued for millions of baht, and end up in the same situation

Karma has a habit of catching up with in-compassionate people in life

Strange thing. You blame me. A person that always cared that he has a valid visa. But you don't blame him. 

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

Strange thing. You blame me. A person that always cared that he has a valid visa. But you don't blame him. 

You of all people know the perils people can get themselves into in Thailand through their own stupidity.

Many a loss soul went to Thailand, fell in love, or they thought they did, and lost it all.

It might have happened to him.

If he couldn't afford a visa, and he had no place to go home to, you can hardly blame him.

Just because you have a visa, why does that make you so resentful?

Are you resentful of all the dudes married to hot 20 years old's or driving Benz?

I don't know him and I don't know you.

If your wife grassed you up and your lost everything, I would still have compassion for YOU!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, poohy said:

Actually not far from the truth ... more or less spot on

He is good spirits despite all this, luckily nearing his German pension so it will soften the blow, along with social securty 

He leaves many friends behind, just had 2 messages from UK and Australia wishing him well

Hopefully he leaves early next week

Good luck and safe travels mate!

I hope he has a happy ending.

19 hours ago, Mister T said:

He is a well liked man, has always gone out of his way to help people

Counts for nothing here, they want your money not your sincerity.

They don't want you to integrate or assimilate, just the annual renewal which offers no security.