Prachuap: German retiree caught on 2,528 day overstay

webfact

28 minutes ago, moose7117 said:

Just some good friends.

Seems more like acquaintances. 

"Good friends" wouldn't have let him stay in the situation he was. 

For instance, with 15-25000 ThB, one can obtain a visa via an agent, and this in many places. 

That's 5000 ThB a year for a few "good friends". 

Or than maybe he refused any help, and just was conscious that one day his arrest would occur, and he would be sent back to his homeland. 

Edited by luckyluke

3 minutes ago, moose7117 said:

Although many of the locals knew of his flight, it can be hard to help a proud man as sometimes they won't accept it.

So it seems he accepted that one day he would be arrested, and send back to Germany. 

I am sure some here will have a different opinion, now they know more facts. 

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Counts for nothing here, they want your money not your sincerity.

They don't want you to integrate or assimilate, just the annual renewal which offers no security.

Security? I want fun, freedom and adventure, which is what I get in Thailand and the surrounding countries. I've spent  a lifetime chasing security, stuff that.

My opinion :

This man seems to be a gentleman, some problems occur, but too proud to ask/accept money to stay in Thailand or to go back to Germany. 

He now will be deported. Don't  know if Thailand does that for free.

If not, he may be incarcerated for a while, if he doesn't have the money, and still be to proud to accept it from others. 

And while all the Somchais and Yodsak are breathing down the neck of this "dirty farang", the superior Thai race keeps on breaking much bigger laws than an overstay. 

All this rubbish with countless visas, photographs of bedrooms showing where he and where the Missus sleep, pictures of the house number, all in colour and A4-sized belong binned. Only once all this makes (common) sense then Thailand and its clownery of immigration rules and regulations will be taken serious. 

If, repeat, if they would have been serious about cleaning up the country, they could have a computer running a list of all those with expired visas still in the land and Khun Bockwurst would have popped up six years ago. In my opinion, all these laws are done to extort money for "service fees" and "flat fee settlement" and - once in a while - they have to let a culprit jump over the line. As long as you can read up advertisements of service providers "assisting" all those who cannot manage to get a visa ...... go figure. 

Excellent news indeed - under the perspective of empty tourism infrastructure. In closing, this alien made a mistake - purposely - kick him out and get on with life but does it need a that media coverage of how professional and exact the land's immigration circus runs? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

no, but than again, Thais in their new homecountry behave and are positive and integrate. Farang on the other hand are abusive, negative, and insulting their new home country on a daily basis, and behave like the Thais should adapt to them and their superior ideas and attitude, instead of integrating.

so yeah, i can understand why the Thais are not really going for the idea of giving citizenship too easy for the farang...

Are we talking about Muslims here?

1 hour ago, moose7117 said:

Michael was well known in our little community, often seen doodling around town on an old fino.

He was harmless, spoke quite reasonable Thai and always ready for a laugh.

Although many of the locals knew of his flight, it can be hard to help a proud man as sometimes they won't accept it.

i had a few long conversations with him as he occasionally drove me to the airport in Bangkok.

Before you guys start crowing about him driving illegally, he used my car or a rental that i paid for, he just drove me for something to do.

Michael doesn't care about laws. He even drives cars illegally. If he had an accident the insurance would not have paid anything. But obviously he does not care... 

18 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

That would be illegal 

So what, apart from immigration, who bothers about what's illegal? A free spirit like me does not need anyone to tell  

me what's illegal and what's not, I have a mind of my own.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Using your logic, all countries, worldwide, are "evil governments"...unless you can name any that don't require aliens to have visas.

Some countries are more evil than others, and Thailand today is right at the top of the list.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Michael doesn't care about laws. He even drives cars illegally. If he had an accident the insurance would not have paid anything. But obviously he does not care... 

Anything else to add about this dreadful miscreant....?

????

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, GlassWayOverHalfFull said:

Why didn't you report him? Why do you think he had the ability not to fit in with the rules that the rest of us use? 

"rules that the rest of us use". The rest of us??

10 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You must lead a very sad/ boring life, i really pity you, heartless uncaring sad individual.I

Why? Because I don't do illegal things? 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Maybe there could be a place called Farang-Town in BKK, in the same way as there's a China-Town? The Chinese brought their culture etc to Thailand, is that any different?

Already have one...called Lower Sukhumvit Road

17 hours ago, Oldie said:

He obviously didn't care about laws very much. Such Farangs just create problems for all that obey to the rules. It is hard for me to understand why you want to protect an individual that doesn't care even about the most simple laws. Please Thailand deport him and do not allow him to come back. We don't need such people creating problems for all the many who follow the rules. 

Welcome to the "scared of your own shadow" brigade.

2 minutes ago, poohy said:

You on the other hand are perfect!

We can only aspire to become as holy as this  "Oldie" creature

I sincerely hope karma heaps pestilences upon you 

I have a valid retirement extension and the Thai driving license for car and motorbike.

3 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Why? Because I don't do illegal things? 

I notice you are quick to respond to my post, yet you did not respond to my post 77.

Still waiting for your smart comment to my question to you in that post.

17 hours ago, Oldie said:

Then allow me to ask 1 question. And please answer it. Did he have a valid visa?

I have been living here for almost 30 years and I always had one. I know what will happen if I don't care. And to extend my extension is up to them and not up to me. Laws can change at any time. This will never be my home country. I understand and accept this. But if someone doesn't it is not the fault of Thailand. 

With an outlook like yours, you may as well just stay in your bed, you sure can't have much of a life otherwise.

2 hours ago, moose7117 said:

Michael was well known in our little community, often seen doodling around town on an old fino.

He was harmless, spoke quite reasonable Thai and always ready for a laugh.

i had a few long conversations with him as he occasionally drove me to the airport in Bangkok.

Before you guys start crowing about him driving illegally, he used my car or a rental that i paid for, he just drove me for something to do.

Some people in this country actually do care for others and provide help when they can.

maybe , as we are the immigrants in this country that can show us such hostility, we should stop bickering and belittling each other and try to help each other.

i will be ridiculed by others here but i don't care because so many of you are simply bitter.

Maybe you should return albeit briefly to your home countries and open your eyes to why you actually moved here in the first place and realise this ain't to bad a place to be.

if not and you keep complaining simply <deleted> off somewhere else and complain about that place.

moose.

Thanks Mr Moose. Moving forward, Michael can work at reducing the period of his ban. Once his Government pension is in place he will be in a much better position.

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I notice you are quick to respond to my post, yet you did not respond to my post 77.

Still waiting for your smart comment to my question to you in that post.

I just checked your #77. You write

"So in your opinion, when i was 35 days overstay, i should have been deported." 

Now i begin to understand why you have so much sympathy for this overstaying guy.

The law in respect of overstaying is pretty clear. Up to you if you don't care. Just don't complain about the consequences afterwards. 

• Sad 2