Prachuap: German retiree caught on 2,528 day overstay

webfact

37 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

So what, apart from immigration, who bothers about what's illegal? A free spirit like me does not need anyone to tell  

me what's illegal and what's not, I have a mind of my own.

Same as the German guy in the story, he didn't care about what was legal or illegal either 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, briand said:

Deport the old <deleted>, most of his type are dangerous,  scamming , pedos , committed fraud back home , ofcourse he'll overstay because he has something to hide , most like him r on the beach acting like do gooders. Lol people like him would support him because of what he looks like , but they attack other ppl for same offence , well done thai police.

I hope the rest of your post are better than this one you're going to end up blowing a fuse, chill out man

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Oldie said:

I just checked your #77. You write

"So in your opinion, when i was 35 days overstay, i should have been deported." 

Now i begin to understand why you have so much sympathy for this overstaying guy.

The law in respect of overstaying is pretty clear. Up to you if you don't care. Just don't complain about the consequences afterwards. 

Exactly as i thought, you are opening your mouth not knowing anything about the case in question.

You are just a s++t stirring piece of +++++.

As many members on here know i was in a coma, on life support, which makes your comment look absolutely crazy.

Edited by colinneil
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Oldie said:

I just checked your #77. You write

"So in your opinion, when i was 35 days overstay, i should have been deported." 

Now i begin to understand why you have so much sympathy for this overstaying guy.

The law in respect of overstaying is pretty clear. Up to you if you don't care. Just don't complain about the consequences afterwards. 

why did Colin overstay ?

did he have a good reason ?

do you care ?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Maybe at some point he was legal

Could have lost all his money to some Thai Girl

No where to go back to in Germany

Couldn't afford to stay, couldn't afford to leave

Horrible situation for such a non-violent offense

If he could afford to live in Thailand, he could afford the 1900 Baht a year visa cost , whats that ? 5 Baht a day or something

25 minutes ago, Oldie said:

I have a valid retirement extension and the Thai driving license for car and motorbike.

I don't need a Thai driving licence, I can drive better than the Somchais.????

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Oldie said:

The law is the law,

if trespass  and caught, one will have to accept the repercussions.

However mitigating circumstances may apply.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moose7117 said:

so you are fully aware of Michaels background in Thailand ?

you have checked to see if he has a vehicle licence ?

You, who has never met the man, are knowledgable about his circumstances ?

You are a filthy TROLL !!

Do stop with the name calling ,  are you aware of Michaels circumstances ?

Personally, I ignore provoking comments from people with low posting counts, for obvious reasons; not interested in playing their game. Not saying they're all like that, everyone starts somewhere, but I'm guessing a good proportion are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moose7117 said:

No he is a troll for making inflammatory statements regarding another persons situation that he has absolutely no first hand knowledge of.

he is simply making statements to incite and cause disruption to a thread.

sorry new member Briand but read what he says.

He just has a different opinion to you , not all people have the same opinion .

Are you a lefty ?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, colinneil said:

As many members on here know i was in a coma, on life support, which makes your comment look absolutely crazy.

Your situation was exceptional, and your design wasn't to break  the law intentionally.

Everything should be put in its right context. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moose7117 said:

yes. i am aware of Michaels circumstances, his history and i used to see and talk to him fairly regularly.

I also exactly where he is right now.

probably go see him during visiting hours this arvo.

Give him some smokes.

he gunna be gone for a while now.

Why did he go on overstay ?

Why didn't he keep his visa up to date , like everyone else had to ?

3 minutes ago, moose7117 said:

yes. i am aware of Michaels circumstances, his history and i used to see and talk to him fairly regularly.

I also exactly where he is right now.

probably go see him during visiting hours this arvo.

Give him some smokes.

he gunna be gone for a while now.

Would be interesting to know what happens to him, how long they have to keep him here seeing that there is no flights and if his embassy is helping,

Just now, ChipButty said:

Would be interesting to know what happens to him, how long they have to keep him here seeing that there is no flights and if his embassy is helping,

There are flights available back to Germany , he should be gone within a few days 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Kerryd said:

But he'll go back and can spend the next 10 years taking advantage of the German Healthcare system.

He should have done that 7 years ago.

20 hours ago, Kerryd said:

We've had people fight extradition orders in Canada all the way to the Supreme Court ! Every time one court ordered an extradition, the lawyers appealed it to a higher court and, for some reason, every time it went to appeal, the extradition order was overturned but when it went back to court it was upheld.
Took almost 10 years before they finally sent the guy back to Thailand to face the music !

Those appeals cost money, a lot of money, not gonna happen for a pensioner who is in no position to extend his retirement visa

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Same as the German guy in the story, he didn't care about what was legal or illegal either 

I only care about what is legal or illegal when it suits me. If something is illegal and I don't agree with it, I will see what I can do to get around it, most times I can.

May I also point out that I do not have a criminal record either here or in my birth country.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Susco said:

Those appeals cost money, a lot of money, not gonna happen for a pensioner who is in no position to extend his retirement visa

Happens in England I never understand how an illegal immigrunt is allowed legal aid

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

and if his embassy is helping

I don't know for the German embassy in particular, but usually an embassy only contact family/relatives in order to ask if they are prepare to pay the repatriation costs.

Except extraordinary circumstances, they don't intervene financially.

I think there is now and then a visit by a representative, while the " culprit" is detained.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Susco said:

Not in Thailand for sure. Not even in Canada unless you can convince the courts that they should pay for the lawyer (which they'd pretty much have to do for some broke pensioner, even if he wasn't a citizen).

But the thing is, I've never heard of anyone even trying (in Thailand)! It seems, maybe just because of the way things are reported here, that Immigration swoops in, arrests someone, throws them into the IDC, they go to court to be found guilty, fined and black listed, then back to the IDC until they are deported.

Never hear of anyone getting a lawyer and trying to fight the deportation. Again, could be because of the rules here (no reporters in the court rooms is one of them I believe). And the people who get deported rarely ever seem to tell their stories to the media when they get back to (wherever).

You'd think some, especially from the UK, would have their ordeals splashed across the front pages of the Mirror and Sun within days of returning.

I don't recall any stories from any TV members about being arrested and deported either (or of them trying to fight the deportation in court).

You'd think something like that would be the kind of thread that would run into the hundreds of pages on here.

3 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

I don't recall any stories from any TV members about being arrested and deported either (or of them trying to fight the deportation in court).

You'd think something like that would be the kind of thread that would run into the hundreds of pages on here.

Maybe because there is no Human rights here