Prachuap: German retiree caught on 2,528 day overstay

webfact

2 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

That's fair, you break the law as you wish,

but are prepare to accept the consequences when caught,

no " yes, but...".

You mean if caught? I suppose there is always a first time. ???? Like I said, I am a free spirit.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Recon Immo would be better off getting rid of the moaners here who constantly whinge about Visa Regs. The Silent Majority dont have probs, they have rainy Day money. Perhaps this old chaps ran out, we dont know. But You Perfect Christians just keep battering the Old Chap.

We are still waiting for Moose to tell us why his friend overstayed . 

Could be that Michael just couldn't be bothered to keep his visa updated 

20 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

nice to see a sympathetic reply. 

no doubt local immigration was well aware of his situation the last six year, and decided to not bother him. i wonder what happened all of a sudden the need to arrest a good farang (although without a visa) instead of helping him getting him a visa.

It is a mystery to me why Thais are so obtuse sometimes. This is the typical situation of a peaceful foreigner who hasn't committed a real crime, but he was simply pooring his money into the country. They should have proposed to him a friendly transaction for his position, such as a “lump sum” fine, say ex. half million bath or something,  to close the deal and let him staying. This time properly monitoring his visa applications every year.

Ok, instead, they preferred to go with the ten years ban, pretending he is a full-blown criminal.

Fine, this is Thailand, the unfriendly land of fake smiles.

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

You mean if caught? I suppose there is always a first time. ???? Like I said, I am a free spirit.

I am an honest person and I don't lie or cheat and always try to do the right thing , lying and cheating is the wrong thing to do 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tech65 said:

It is a mystery to me why Thais are so obtuse sometimes. This is the typical situation of a peaceful foreigner who hasn't committed a real crime, 

Overstaying is actually a real crime and its taken very seriously by the Thai authorities 

18 hours ago, Oldie said:

I have no friends because I obey laws? Just an other strange person that likes people who don't care about laws. You are right with one thing - I never would allow such people to be my friend. Never! 

So you are saying that non of your friends have ever broken the law?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Yes, it took 2528 days for the German guy.

2528 days?? Is that all? I have been breaking unfair laws all my life, and my first time being caught hasn't come yet. ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I am an honest person and I don't lie or cheat and always try to do the right thing , lying and cheating is the wrong thing to do 

I agree, I never lie or cheat to the detriment of the ordinary people.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

Them kind of friends you cant trust, at least you know where a criminal is coming from

4 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

If I know that someone is breaking laws I certainly would avoid this person. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Could you explain how that works ?

If it was me after a while I would write a nice grovelling letter to the IO once my pension was in place. Networking is another possibility. Michael has helped the Royal Thai police in the past. Contact them for suggestions. Some of us could have friends/relatives in the immigration office who could advise. Failing that, another albeit more expensive route would be to engage a 'trouble-shooter'. 

21 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

who knows if he was confused doing visa once VS every single year the same documents

do thais have to do the IO dance each year in our country? should they show 10x in savings the annual income of a poor farmer ?

I don’t know which country you are from but a Thai age 50 years or over even with the equivalent of 800,000 baht in his wallet wouldn’t be able to just enter Australia visa exempt then stay indefinitely never mind trying to do the IO dance and I suspect the same applies to most countries.

13 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

2528 days?? Is that all? I have been breaking unfair laws all my life, and my first time being caught hasn't come yet. ????

Well, I can't find a reason not to believe you.

In 20 years Thailand, mostly Pattaya, I met a lot of people, even  old C.I. A. special agents.

i am not easily impressed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, briand said:

Most of his kind are criminals,  hiding in thailand , so stop spewing nonsense,  some r pedos , fraudsters, how do you know he isn't a criminal??, I'm sure if it were chinese or other nationalities u would have racially lambast them. Hypocrites , ppl of your kind got not 1 shame.

So according to you, i am a criminal, well i aint hiding, here for all to see, maybe i should run away and hide.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

My last sentence is just as ridiculous as your post.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, briand said:

I really hope he goes to jail disregarding the law, its amazes me that when someone that looks like u commits a crime , you'll try to cover him or her up but when other nationalities are involved most of u racially abuse them, so shame on ppl of your kind , because someone got different opinion doesn't mean they're trolls,  so get that , I just don't like liars and hypocrites. I've been here for a long time and see all the rubbish people say on others without saying a word.

Do you play World Of Warcraft too... what about Pokémon?

????

40 minutes ago, Mister T said:

In 2011/12 he was screwed over and set up, after that he was unable to get a visa.

OK, thanks , why wasn't he able to get a visa ?

If he wasn't able to get a retirement visa , he could have stayed in Thailand on continuous visa exempts by border hopping (as it was possible at that time) or got numerous tourist visas ?

Why didn't he do that ?

3 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I've heard that in the next review of Thai Immigration Law they plan to introduce a new retirement category. 

The criteria only includes the following:

must be aged over 60,

hold nationality of an acceptable country *

must be able to prove คนดี as judged by peers in the community.

This visa class will not attract fees, will not require proof of income nor health insurance, will not require police clearance certificates from home country and will be exempt from any reporting requirements. The holder will be allowed to reside permanently in Thailand and avail themselves to all common facilities without the need to contribute to the treasury.

To recognize their contribution to the community by supporting local food stalls the recipient will also be exempt from many other lawful requirements imposed for all others, such as the need to hold a driving license.

The category will be known as the "I know him, he's a good guy" visa.

* Non acceptable countries include China, India, any Muslim country and Australia.  

Whats that Squiggly Hieroglyphic meant to convey. You cant spell recognise either.

1 hour ago, pineapple01 said:

Recon Immo would be better off getting rid of the moaners here who constantly whinge about Visa Regs. The Silent Majority dont have probs, they have rainy Day money. Perhaps this old chaps ran out, we dont know. But You Perfect Christians just keep battering the Old Chap.

Some people spend a considerable amount of time , effort and money to keep their visa up to date .

A 20 hour overnight bus journey , getting to the Embassy at 6 AM , spending all morning at the Embassy and going back the next day to collect your passport and then another 20 hour overnight bus journey spending 10 000 Baht in the process with the constant worry that you may be refused the visa or entry due to some new rule they made up that very day all for the privilidge of spending 60 days in Thailand , then going to immigration at 3 AM and spending all day there and paying 1900 Baht for an extra 30 days.

Flying to other Countries and back, just to get a 30 day visa exempt , enrolling in schools, having to get a new passport when your passport is full .

Some people have spend a considerable amount of time , effort and money to stay legal , can you understand why they have little sympathy  for other people who chose not to stay legal?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonray said:

Already have one...called Lower Sukhumvit Road

Lots of farang owning gold shops, mom & pop stores etc? If it weren't for the flesh trade there'd be hardly any farang there.

Also, the Thai/Chinese have citizenship, their families have been in Bangkok for a few hundred years.

Multiple abusive posts calling other members troll have been removed.

WE decide who are trolls not you. Be warned keep this up and next time you will be on the vacation list !!

33 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Whats that Squiggly Hieroglyphic meant to convey. You cant spell recognise either.

An actual resident of this country would recognise the script.

Anyone above the moron category would be able to easily interpret it on a computer. 

The spell check insisted I spell that word the American way. I didn't argue the toss because it's a minor issue for small minds, people who can't read the forum rules about such things.

Edited by Old Croc

45 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I've heard that in the next review of Thai Immigration Law they plan to introduce a new retirement category. 

The criteria only includes the following:

must be aged over 60,

hold nationality of an acceptable country *

must be able to prove คนดี as judged by peers in the community.

This visa class will not attract fees, will not require proof of income nor health insurance, will not require police clearance certificates from home country and will be exempt from any reporting requirements. The holder will be allowed to reside permanently in Thailand and avail themselves to all common facilities without the need to contribute to the treasury.

To recognize their contribution to the community by supporting local food stalls the recipient will also be exempt from many other lawful requirements imposed for all others, such as the need to hold a driving license.

The category will be known as the "I know him, he's a good guy" visa.

* Non acceptable countries include China, India, any Muslim country and Australia.  

I qualify on all counts, especially squiggly hieroglyphics "good person" (na na na na na). All my Thai friends refer to me as "jai dee" or even "nam jai" on occasion.

Sounds perfect for me.

Shame about the Aussies though.

Edited by Phil McCaverty
  • Haha 1