BANGKOK
webfact

Pattaya massage shops reopen, but health rules restrict revenue

Pattaya massage shops reopen, but health rules restrict revenue

By Boonlua Chatree

N-Jun-01-09-Thai-massage-parlors-open-wi  

Gotta Kaewwong, owner of Gotta Thai Traditional Massage on Third Road, said he spent the break fixing up his shop, repainting and putting in processes to keep it clean as per Health Ministry guidelines.

Traditional Thai massage parlors put their best feet forward as they reopened for service under tight health restrictions. The government specified that massages could only be of the traditional variety.

Gotta Kaewwong, owner of Gotta Thai Traditional Massage on Third Road, said the parlor had been closed for three months and all employees laid off. So it was good to be back in business, even with constraints.

Gotta said he spent the break fixing up his shop, repainting and putting in processes to keep it clean as per Health Ministry guidelines. However, he’s had to take out two of his five massage beds to comply, limiting his income potential.

Full story: https://www.pattayamail.com/coronavirus/pattaya-massage-shops-reopen-but-health-rules-restrict-revenue-302721

screenshot_10211.jpg

-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2020-06-04

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I hope he will make it through, but honestly think that he and many others will close.

• Like 2

Not just tourists missing ,,,where are the meuseses ? (is that a word)

• Like 1

If they cater mainly to tourist, my regular shop mainly Thais ( Darkside ) open on Monday they took out half of the beds for spacing the place is full nearly the entire day. You come in get your temperature taken sign in with the time that is it. They are doing pretty much prior to the required closing wearing mask the ladies I've known for years said all the locals comes in for 2 hours minimum and they two extra ladies so they can rotate for lunch and break. Today they open their second shop which was closed thinking who is going to come they were wrong?

From the original story:

She said the new health restrictions will both limit revenue and raise expenses as, for example, sheets need to be washed after every customer.

🙄🙄🙄

• Sad 1

I went to one and got told foot massage only.  I've had a stiff neck & shoulders for a couple of weeks and could really use that being massaged.  Nothing naughty, just head, neck & shoulders, but no.  I could understand  If I wanted to drop my shorts, but this makes little sense to me.  TiT I suppose.

34 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

I went to one and got told foot massage only.  I've had a stiff neck & shoulders for a couple of weeks and could really use that being massaged.  Nothing naughty, just head, neck & shoulders, but no.  I could understand  If I wanted to drop my shorts, but this makes little sense to me.  TiT I suppose.

That is a shop only restriction as most shops are doing full Traditional Thai Massages with the only no-no is any of the herbal treatments like a herbal sauna but your neck & shoulders is no problem so just shop around until you find a shop but be prepared to do some searching as many of the legit shops are wary of farangs because of their sexual demands and many shops will not take them as customers.

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

yes but not spelt right

2 hours ago, natway09 said:

We knew what you meant, but masseuses is good, or if you like, massoozis.   :thumbsup:

But maybe no triumphant finales.😆

Got an oil massage today in Pattaya. The store had one customer on Monday, one customer on Tuesday and I today on Thursday. No big income.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Traditional Thai massage parlors put their best feet forward as they reopened for service under tight health restrictions. The government specified that massages could only be of the traditional variety.

Tough times for the non-traditional services.

I want a Massage very badly - but ..... unfortunately ..... I am still STUCK .... in Oz 😭 with NO END of travel restrictions in sight!!