Amazing Thailand: Thai woman with "natural braids" has hair down to the ground

webfact

Amazing Thailand: Thai woman with "natural braids" has hair down to the ground

7pm.jpg

Daily News went to meet a householder in Nam Phut sub-district of Trang in southern Thailand where they found a woman called Jiam Srisuk, 57, who has not cut her hair since she was 30. 

It has naturally formed into braids that are as tall as her meager stature - 1.5 meters. 

Locals believe this is "Phom Phee Chor" (hair of the ghost of bunches) and it would be terribly inauspicious to think of cutting it. In fact only a "Khru Mor Manohrah" mystic would ever do such a thing.

Jiam said that she never goes to the hairdresser and it's easy to keep clean and doesn't smell at all.

She explained: "When I was thirty I had a dream in which a woman in a white dress appeared and said that she had something good for me if I wanted it. I agreed and in the morning I woke up and my hair that had been normal up to that time was all tangled."

She admitted that she had never had a big windfall of any kind but had grown attached to her mane and would never have it cut. 

Everyone stops to talk about it and take pictures, she said. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-04

4 hours ago, webfact said:

She admitted that she had never had a big windfall of any kind 

Everyone stops to talk about it and take pictures, she said. 

Now she needs to put her two statements together, think about it long and hard..., and start charging for the picture taking.

• Haha 1

I saw a Thai man with dreads dragging on the ground on an escalator at BKK.

Nonchalant.  Didn't worry about the escalator grabbing his hair and ripping it out.

Didn't notice if he was dragging his ballsack too, because that's pretty ballsy. ????

13 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Now she needs to put her two statements together, think about it long and hard..., and start charging for the picture taking

Definitely a money making opportunity if she setup a fake tower and skewed a BS

" Thai version" of Rapunzel. Maybe 50bht  per photo ? 

674961659_RepunzelDresden_Altmarkt_14.jpg.9019bd2910683803dfe518388461b2b5.jpgStamps_of_Germany_DDR.jpg.b34c24b75956f2d8c807c1f4f391c489.jpg

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

She explained: "When I was thirty I had a dream in which a woman in a white dress appeared and said that she had something good for me if I wanted it. I agreed and in the morning I woke up and my hair that had been normal up to that time was all tangled."

Similar to the other dream: 

A man in dark skin from a far away land promised me riches if I wanted them... I just had to give him the money for customs clearance.

• Haha 1

On 6/4/2020 at 3:18 PM, Pilotman said:

That's because she is 2 feet tall.  Not difficult to grow hair 2/3 feet. I'd be more impressed if she was 6 feet 10 in

1.5 meters = 59.1 inches = just under 5 feet.