BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand's 1 million health volunteers hailed as coronavirus heroes

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, webfact said:

Village health volunteer Surin Makradee, 77, wears a face mask and shield before visiting houses to prevent the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Ang Thong province, Thailand, May 27, 2020

maybe he should stay home, to stop the spread, specially his age ...

anyway, government destroyed the economy with their head in the sand... fake pandemic, old & sick people die every day

58 first wave deaths... that was 1/10 per day in my home country, PER DAY

Edited by Bender Rodriguez
  • Like 2

Noble cause, but are they still using the cheapo infra temp meters with plus minus 0.3 degree accuracy, if used correctly? 

Isn't this a violation to people's right to privacy? What happens if you refuse to allow them to come inside your home?

How do they know when to knock on your door? Some people leave home very early and work all day, only coming home pretty late in the evening.

Are they also heading into forests to check the temperatures of forest dwellers?

Lots of unanswered questions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

One million!  How many COVID cases were reported in Thailand?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

They came to my house to check me during quarantine, all these volunteers did a very good job 👍... and a very good business for the Government, to get 1 million people working for free.

• Like 2

Well done. Let's hope that moron Anutin doesn't disparage them in public like he did with the hospital staff who caught coronavirus.

It’s still a mystery how Thailand escaped the pandemic. Compared to neighboring countries such as Malaysia , Singapore, Hong Kong etc , a 60 death count and 3000 infected is extremely low. Especially as the authorities did nothing to stop a pandemic happening, keeping the borders with China open at the most dangerous time. I remember panicking when I saw how many Chinese tourists there were in Pattaya and Bangkok up till late February. That’s when I went home to France. 
Amazing  Thailand . 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Singapore and Hong Kong are not neighboring countries.

And a mystery how neighboring countries Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia had a cumulative less cases then Thailand.

Maybe a big conspiracy between these countries you think?..

25 minutes ago, geisha said:

It’s still a mystery how Thailand escaped the pandemic. Compared to neighboring countries such as Malaysia , Singapore, Hong Kong etc , a 60 death count and 3000 infected is extremely low. Especially as the authorities did nothing to stop a pandemic happening, keeping the borders with China open at the most dangerous time. I remember panicking when I saw how many Chinese tourists there were in Pattaya and Bangkok up till late February. That’s when I went home to France
Amazing  Thailand . 

So, do to your admitted fear and panic you went home to France and its 150,000 cases and 30,000 deaths? 

Seems like such a poor choice and yes, you are right.. Amazing Thailand.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1