Pattaya: More victims of Ponzi scheme file complaints with Nong Prue police

webfact

Pattaya: More victims of Ponzi scheme file complaints with Nong Prue police

8pm.jpg

Picture: Ruk Siam News

Another ten victims of the "Ban Share Natthidaphan" Ponzi scheme went to file complaints with the Nong Prue police yesterday. 

They are among 500 people across the Pattaya area some of whom have already complained to the Muang Pattaya police, Bang Lamung constabulary and Nong Prue. 

Losses are in the region of nearly 10 million baht, reported Ruk Siam News. 

People invested 1,000 to 100,000 baht with someone they knew on the Line application using fruit and animal names who subsequently disappeared with their 'investments'. 

Source: Ruk Siam News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-04

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, webfact said:

People invested 1,000 to 100,000 baht with someone they knew on the Line application using fruit and animal names who subsequently disappeared with their 'investments'. 

They must have been a real cheetah, looks like the bird has flown the nest. I'm sure it's not just sour grapes.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Some people just never learn

14 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You suspect they did it multiple times?

It's been in the news the past few years multiple times. Each time the scam even uses "share" in its name. All with the same proposition, everyone sends in money, everyone somehow shares in more money. And if they had managed to put down their phones in social studies or economics class, they certainly would've known this isn't the first time this has ever happened.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

It's been in the news the past few years multiple times. Each time the scam even uses "share" in its name. All with the same proposition, everyone sends in money, everyone somehow shares in more money. And if they had managed to put down their phones in social studies or economics class, they certainly would've known this isn't the first time this has ever happened.

I recall being presented with a pyramid scheme by a friend of 3rd world origin once, I really could not persuade him how this must fail ultimately. But talking of social studies or economics classes doesn't seem to fit the customers here. I have been a victim myself of these types of things, doubt it will happen again to me. 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You suspect they did it multiple times?

History has proven many times in Thailand Ponzi schemes only help the one at the top.. 

when the account reaches a good level they vanish !

Stay away from Ponzi schemes.