Best BTS station for Changwattana immigration office?

ricklev

At the minute, Mor Chit, Exit 1. That exit will take you to the correct side of the road where the taxis are facing the right way to head towards immigration.

If you exit on the other side of the road (Exits 2 or 4) the taxis will have to drive away from the correct direction of travel until they can make a U turn.

Exit 1 also has many taxis parked and waiting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, uhuh said:

Starting today,  Friday,  it is BTS Wat Phra Si Mahathat, the new last stop of the green line. 

Much closer to Chaengwattana than Mochit.  

Thanks  It looks good on Google Map!  Hard to say what access and trafic are like during peak times.  

mo chit and taxi, suggest you get a thai friend to write out the address in thai as some drivers dont know the place, or seemingly cant find it. all drivers seem fine, never had a meter hassle.

i always return on the bus, as i'm not in a rush and they are regular and easy

38 minutes ago, ricklev said:

Thanks  It looks good on Google Map!  Hard to say what access and trafic are like during peak times.  

If you try it please report back. 

The couple of times I've been there during our testing taxis have been at a bit of a premium, but once the station is open hopefully things will improve on that front.

14 hours ago, uhuh said:

Starting today,  Friday,  it is BTS Wat Phra Si Mahathat, the new last stop of the green line. 

Much closer to Chaengwattana than Mochit.

This! From the station you are right at Chaeng Wattana Road and a short (by distance) taxi ride to the Government Complex. In December I went from was the end of the line at Kasetsart Univ. and a taxi took less than 15 minutes in ok traffic (about 80 baht on meter). From the new station it should be less than 10 minute ride - unless you go right at rush hour then it really doesn't matter where you are coming from. If you are adventurous a mocy taxi would be quicker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ricklev said:

We are still under the Emergency decree,so much less people than 6 months ago. 

16 hours ago, ricklev said:

Exit Wat Phra Si Mahathat BTS + taxi is the best solution. Usually heavy traffic to turn left on Chaeng Wattana but it will get better because they are currently building a new lane.  

• Like 1

I take MRT to Tao Poon. Go out exit 3, down the steps, make a u turn, it’s about 50 meters to main road. Turn left about 30 meters to bus stop. Do not cross the main road. Get bus #66. About 8 baht. Ride 25 minutes to immigration. Stops at the door. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, flbkk said:

I take MRT to Tao Poon. Go out exit 3, down the steps, make a u turn, it’s about 50 meters to main road. Turn left about 30 meters to bus stop. Do not cross the main road. Get bus #66. About 8 baht. Ride 25 minutes to immigration. Stops at the door. 

Talking about busses: a nice,  not crowded bus runs from BTS Kasetsart University to Immigration. Maybe it was no 58, really forgot. 

• 3 weeks later...

I took the BTS to  Wat Phra Si Mahathat station today.  There are taxis waiting down the stairs at exit 4.  Minimal traffic.  I guess it took about 10 minutes to the immigration office at 1 pm.  The way back in the rain at 3:30 took about 20 minutes.  The taxi driver actually took me one station down from Wat Phra Si Mahathat station as he said that was more convenient.   

By the way, if you can use the new appointment system, do!  It works.  http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/   Well, actually they had no record of my booking, but finally agreed after some hemming and hawing that I did indeed have a confirmation email for the booking and must have therefore made the booking.  Plus the fact that typing my passport number in the find my booking option on the website did in fact reveal my booking.  Oh well.  All is well that ends well.

Edited by ricklev
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Update:

Take exit 1 at BTS Wat Phra Si Mahathat. You must leave the platform by the stairs at the southern end of the platform. 

Heavy traffic on Chaenwattana due to construction. 

Taxi to Immigration 60 Baht. There are also motorcycles.

• 2 months later...

On 3/24/2021 at 9:51 PM, Kiujunn said:

Update:

Take exit 1 at BTS Wat Phra Si Mahathat. You must leave the platform by the stairs at the southern end of the platform. 

Heavy traffic on Chaenwattana due to construction. 

Taxi to Immigration 60 Baht. There are also motorcycles.

Well, a year has passed since I first asked about the new BTS station and it's time for my annual trip to immigration.  Is exit 1 at Wat Phra Si Mahathat station still the way to go?  Thanks!

Edited by ricklev

On 6/4/2020 at 12:36 PM, blackcab said:

If you exit on the other side of the road (Exits 2 or 4) the taxis will have to drive away from the correct direction of travel until they can make a U turn.

I use exit 2 MRT blue line.

They go straight then left, bear left and out onto the highway.

MRT  MRT

Edited by kynikoi

• 10 months later...
On 6/20/2021 at 7:52 AM, ricklev said:

Well, a year has passed since I first asked about the new BTS station and it's time for my annual trip to immigration.  Is exit 1 at Wat Phra Si Mahathat station still the way to go?  Thanks!

As of yesterday,  yes, still exit 1 at BTS Wat Phra Si Mahathat.

Taxi waiting downstairs, 60 baht. 

I don't know about the red line as i live on the green line