BANGKOK
ozz1

will there be a big rush to the borders

Hopefully common sense will prevail on 31st July and there won't be big exodus of expats going to savannahknet to renew there visas  but this is Thailand and maybe just maybe immigration will give us some grace here's hoping  that is if the Lao border is open for return runs without any quarantine  lets hope

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Would they need 100k corona insurance and a health-cert to come back into Thailand after their visa run? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ozz1 said:

Hopefully common sense will prevail on 31st July and there won't be big exodus of expats going to savannahknet to renew there visas 

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why would anybody wait until July 31st if the borders are open. There is nothing to stop you from doing it before the 31st.

Is the Thai consulate at Savannakhet open and giving visas, and the borders are open for foreigners to come and go from Thailand-Laos-Thailand?

I thought they were closed. 

• Haha 1

It will really depend on how they will manage things. If the borders reopen well before the amnesty ends AND entering the neighboring countries from Thailand won't be too onerous, the exodus could be spread out over weeks. My personal guess is that they will FAIL at this, so I'm planning accordingly.

• Like 2

The guys that use(d) a multi-entry Non O from Sav or HCM to live here without 400k in the bank or showing 40k a month into their own Thai bank account from abroad might be in for a serious shock.

What will they do if their visa runs out, they come to an end of a 60 day extension based on family, cannot get another extension so need to leave, perhaps no more multi-entry visa from neighboring consulates, need Covid health insurance and health certificate from their home country to come and go?

It could be a right nightmare for them. 

Will every sort of border run require covid insurance and health certificates every time someone does one. A right PIA that would be. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Bet you're a hit at parties......😬

No problem once I've checked everybody's visa and TM30 status with the mobile App. 

1 minute ago, JeffersLos said:

No problem once I've checked everybody's visa and TM30 status with the mobile App. 

Really, how fascinating..........🤒.............😬