BANGKOK
ozz1

will there be a big rush to the borders

‘Its my way or the Thai way’ kind of attitude you mean !

2 hours ago, Zikomat said:

We all will be given time until 20 of August to leave the place. One way only. Hope to be wrong.

Who is "we"?

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Quite frankly ............

I'm not that bothered, I'll just live in Cambodia and walk away from my Thai family (and mortgage).

I've had enough of Thailand and am just looking for an excuse where I'm not the 'bad man'.

"Sorry darling, I love you but your country won't let me in"

Sort of thing.

Cambodia isn't a good choice. Maybe try Vietnam. Still, I don't get your point. What makes you think Cambodia and Vietnam would allow you in but not Thailand?

Just now, BritManToo said:

VISA is very easy.

Once you're in, you can stay, no immigration difficulties each year if you have $300 and a passport, nothing else is required.

Only if you're old. For everyone else, you only get 6 months now. There is also a new reporting system similar to TM30. Might not sound that bad, but don't make the mistake of thinking Cambodia won't change. It will.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Only if you're old. For everyone else, you only get 6 months now. There is also a new reporting system similar to TM30. Might not sound that bad, but don't make the mistake of thinking Cambodia won't change. It will.

I only need another 5 years (or less).

If I had longer I'd probably move to Central France.

Edited by BritManToo

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I only need another 5 years (or less).

If I had longer I'd probably move to Central France.

You won't get "your" 50baht doctors appointment and 1 baht tablet there...🤭 

39 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

There is also a new reporting system similar to TM30.

Quite right but not as intrusive as TM30 and you do not have to notify Immigration when travelling inter-provincially. It is FPCS and quote:-

The General Department of Immigration (GDI) has just launched a new online registration system for foreigners living in Cambodia, stating that those that fail to register on the new system by the 1st July 2020, will be unable to extend their visa. The “FPCS” applies to all foreign nationals, including tourists. According to a statement released by the GDI, “FPCS (Foreigners Present in Cambodia System) app is to manage foreigner’s information regarding their stay in Cambodia.

It intends to record foreigner information when they arrive in Cambodia at any entry point. It will also record their data when they leave Cambodia. The main purpose of FPCS is to protect foreigner safety and security in case of an emergency when they are travelling throughout Cambodia.” 

This FCPS applies to all expats and tourists alike, making this change most relevant to the tourism industry property management industries. It’s especially true given that the other most important point to note is that it’s the landlord who is responsible for registering foreigners into the app. 

If you are a tourist, then the hotel/guesthouse/hostel is responsible. My landlord has already registered me in the FPCS app on his smart phone (I only have a 3G mobile) and I have verified this with GDI in the Provincial Police HQ opposite Siem Reap airport.. That is it until I decide to move, change passport/phone number/e-mail address/extend visa.

• Like 2

Wondering if anyone on here is facing a situation where their passport will become unusable in the near future because of the requirement to have six months longevity and an inability to obtain a new one locally? 

19 minutes ago, Yme said:

Wondering if anyone on here is facing a situation where their passport will become unusable in the near future because of the requirement to have six months longevity and an inability to obtain a new one locally? 

That is only needed to get a single entry tourist or non immigrant visa.

For those from most countries only a passport for the length of say is needed to enter to Thailand. For those traveling to nearby countries it is needed.

It is not needed to apply for an extension at immigration. The extension will only be issued to day the passport expires though.

What country are you referring to?

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed, a good choice. I moved here to Siem Reap 4 months ago after almost 20 years in LOS. Absolutely correct in what you say but may I add some observations about a visa. For a retirement visa you must be over 50. Along with your passport and $300 you must provide proof of residence in Cambodia (eg. tenancy agreement), a Cambodian phone number and your e-mail address- THAT'S ALL. Life here in Siem Reap as normal and very enjoyable (without the thousands of tourists for Angkor Wat).

How hard to get a visa for a Thai wife (under 50)?  Can she be your "dependent"?

6 hours ago, Eibot said:

Someone tell this lad that there never was a stop to leave Thailand...

no never a stop but bordering nations are closed

where are you going to fly to?

home?

coz there really only is 3 countries open UK/USA/Mexico

and just shows with the infection figures
idiots

On 6/4/2020 at 12:58 PM, ubonjoe said:

hy would anybody wait until July 31st if the borders are open. There is nothing to stop you from doing it before the 31st.

that is just speculation at this time, no one knows when the borders will open and to whom.
You cannot call BKK a border 
Please Joe you should know better

• Confused 1