Thailand reports 17 new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

webfact

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

They are all tested when they reach their quarantine location in Thailand.

Then tested again prior to being released.

Er ... actually I think Traubert was being satirical, laying out the challenges that ThaiV posters repeat parrot-like on every one of these daily stats postings. Hence the "saved a lot of people a job" throwaway line.

Could be wrong.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Er ... actually I think Traubert was being satirical, laying out the challenges that ThaiV posters repeat parrot-like on every one of these daily stats postings. Hence the "saved a lot of people a job" throwaway line.

Could be wrong.

No. you're spot on. ????????

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

It's interesting how there's so many coming from the middle east, I've read that they have the most stringent lockdown conditions in place in many of the middle eastern countries.

Isn't the Mid East the sort of place where immigrant workers tend to work on construction projects, large installations and similar. If so likely to be a high density living experienece - as opposed to Thais going abroad to work in restaurants and massage parlours and similar, implying perhaps less communal living.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Could be wrong.

But, even with the amusing joking and derision of questioners, the question remains unanswered though the assertion has been made multiple times. 

Is there a source that backs up the claim that all returnees are tested upon arrival and again at the end of their 14-day quarantine? Anyone?

2 hours ago, sapson said:

Thailand isnt testing nationwide because of this, if the many thousands of symptomatic case are picked up it would involve quarantines, hospital stays and an info structure in place to deal with it that costs money and a realistic positive Covid count would damage the quick return of the filling of the coffers and the generals troughs.

At the moment younger people getting sick will likely recover and increased numbers of older people dying can be explained away with a many other causes of death, doctors and officials are just not questioned by the poor masses.

Monied Thais have insurance and private treatment and will take care of themselves and figures from private hospitals are not widely available.

Who really believes that with a population of 70 million Thailand is just so miraculously Covid 19 free and the only new cases are from overseas returnees.

"Monied Thais have insurance and private treatment and will take care of themselves and figures from private hospitals are not widely available."

Source that supports your apparent contention that private hospital cases and deaths are not included in the national statistics? I think I read way back that they are, but I don't remember where.

.... in any event not one new case (maybe one or two - haven't checked back, but it seems like a hell of a long time ago) has been reported from within the community for nearly ten days now and only the odd death. Either everyone is asymptomatic and nobody needs to go to a public hospital for treatment or these government guys have done a great job of muzzling every health worker in the land not to blow a whistle. Which do you think it is oh yee of no faith?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrTuner said:

That's the moral question no politician has the guts to answer yet. The answer will be implicit when they open it all up, forced by economy. Retirees don't produce new taxes to the government as much as younger people do, so chopchop.

One could also argue people used to kick the bucket in their 40's in ancient Rome. The ever extending lifespan due to advanced medical care, etc is causing the pension ponzi schemes to collapse, each next generation having it worse. 

The cards are set for a culling of the elderly, no matter how you spin it. Live it up while you can.

You speak a lot of home truths ... when you stay away from the conspiracy cover-up stuff, DrT!

8 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

You speak a lot of home truths ... when you stay away from the conspiracy cover-up stuff, DrT!

I haven't read Dr. Tuner posting conspiracy stuff. I've read many posts of his where he pointed out missing information in reports that would be essential to know in order to understand them and accept them as valid. That wouldn't count as conspiracy thinking in my book.

16 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

I haven't read Dr. Tuner posting conspiracy stuff. I've read many posts of his where he pointed out missing information in reports that would be essential to know in order to understand them and accept them as valid. That wouldn't count as conspiracy thinking in my book.

OK - p'raps I'm wrong and over-sensitised to conspiracy theories????

2 hours ago, JCP108 said:

He's on my ignore list for that very reason.

Hair curling stuff.

• Confused 1

This post links to the previous Post re flights being brought online by Emirates soon. See the dilemma? The sort of evidence of recent high infection numbers in folks recently returned to Thailand and in quarantine might to Prayut n his mates, not instil confidence in opening the country any time soon.

let go of the idea of flying in and out of Thailand until August 1 at the earliest is my gut feeling.

Consider (as one example of tourists) that there are infection blooms still going on in some States in the US while others which were hit hard are still seeing solid numbers of infections and death a day. Parts of Europe aint' out of the woods yet by a long shot. And its way to early to tell if these Euro zones will create a second blast of this nasty bug from the easing of restrictions they have begun to bring into effect. Patience is the order of the day and drink more lol ????