CM airport arrival not all quarantine now.

bkk6060

For Thais, how do they check for overseas travel? It would mean having access to immigration and civic systems to connect the ID card to passport to immigration history.

Yes, right now not a concern anyway, but if this is to become a template, they can't rely on self given info. 

5 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

For Thais, how do they check for overseas travel? It would mean having access to immigration and civic systems to connect the ID card to passport to immigration history.

Yes, right now not a concern anyway, but if this is to become a template, they can't rely on self given info. 

Not sure what you mean.

If they had come from overseas, they would have been controlled and forced into 14 day quarantine already.

As far as checking that, not sure.

Edited by bkk6060

9 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

When, last year?if now they have done it..

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Not sure what you mean.

If they had come from overseas, they would have been controlled and forced into 14 day quarantine already.

As far as checking that, not sure.

Are all arrivals forced into quarantine, or do they just have to say "ok sure I'll self isolate for two weeks"? 

10 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Are all arrivals forced into quarantine, or do they just have to say "ok sure I'll self isolate for two weeks"? 

Everything that I have read and seen is that they have to go into a controlled state mandated quarantine facility.  They are all tested and monitored for 14 days. In fact, I think it may actually be a law but don't quote me on that.

Edited by bkk6060

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Everything that I have read and seen is that they have to go into a controlled state mandated quarantine facility.  They are all tested and monitored for 14 days. In fact, I think it may actually be a law but don't quote me on that.

Isn,t it explained in the info graphic in the post?

20 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Isn,t it explained in the info graphic in the post?

This one is from Chiang Mai, not from the state. As usual, provinces roll their own, there's overlap. If they open the state quarantine requirement and keep this in CM, enforcement will be "interesting".

Edited by DrTuner
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

This one is from Chiang Mai, not from the state. As usual, provinces roll their own, there's overlap. If they open the state quarantine requirement and keep this in CM, enforcement will be "interesting".

Your loosing it. The requirement is there no matter from who.If the country lifts the requirement well and good

29 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Your loosing it. The requirement is there no matter from who.If the country lifts the requirement well and good

Familiar with the Thai immigration rules and their haphazard interpretation between provinces? This smells of the same.

21 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Familiar with the Thai immigration rules and their haphazard interpretation between provinces? This smells of the same.

Judging from your “lack of testing” replies,thought erring on the side of caution would appeal to you

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Judging from your “lack of testing” replies,thought erring on the side of caution would appeal to you

Not in this case. The problem is as follows: both nationwide and interprovincial rules state outside travel=14d quarantine. Then, state lifts is, but due to Thainess it lingers on in interprovincials. Now the hapless tourist gets into Thailand, but as soon as the poor sucker goes to CM, bam, 14 day in the locker.

Let the state do the international enforcing and leave it out of provincial guidelines.