BANGKOK
EdrigoSalvadore

Question about renting out my motorbike

I am thinking of buying a new honda click, but I only need it 3-4 months each year. Is there any trustworthy place that can rent it out for me, and manage everything about it? I am based in Pattaya/Bangkok, but could probably transport it elsewere too, as I love driving.

Is this a popular thing to do?

Edrigo Salvadore

• Haha 2

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

In Pattaya alone there are 1000s of bikes unrented so i think you're onto a loser but no harm in advertising on Facebook and see if a taker

I tried renting a bike a few years back and noticed that the price had hiked up like 30-50% in one year, and every place charged the same, and refused to lower their fee.

There is obviously a collusion between the shops, which is probably why there are so many unrented bikes (even before all the currency and corona troubles.)

• Like 1

No, it is not simple. I have nitrogen in my tyres, and to stop the garage people putting oxygen in I had to have decals put on the valves to inform them of this situation.

They look nice and it doesn't upset me one bit.

Next when I have the local cleaning people come and clean my bike I have to emphasise more than once that I do not want oil sprayed onto my chain, I put quality Yamaha chain lube on, and leave it overnight so that it doesn't drip and spray all over the rims when in use and make them dirty. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Why not just rent a bike for yourself for 3 - 4 months.

All the bother of owning a bike, and if it gets damaged or whatnot.

Bikes being stolen in Thailand is rampant. If this happens I rather doubt the renting agent would take any action (stolen or damaged) and in 99.9% of cases the police will do nothing. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1