Question about renting out my motorbike

I'm sure this idea of renting has come to OP mind because of not having a safe and secure storage or parking place. But maybe renting to a reliable farang for long term like 8 months maybe an option, even then who knows...

But finding a safe and secure place is not easy for many, and expensive if have to pay, and after all if you come back and the bike is not there,  there is almost zero chance of blaming anyone or getting any compensation... , no insurance cover theft for small bikes here..., and police never bother..., it's a risk.

10 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Curious nitrogen in tires vs oxygen? Thanks

No advantage: as one said 71%  versus  100%   <deleted> all except the cost.  The thermal properties are to within 0. 000x% the same twixt air and nitrogen.

1 hour ago, keithathome said:

No advantage: as one said 71%  versus  100%   <deleted> all except the cost.  The thermal properties are to within 0. 000x% the same twixt air and nitrogen.

So what's your actual experience of using 100% nitrogen in tyres? you sound like you have good experience

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

So what's your actual experience of using 100% nitrogen in tyres? you sound like you have good experience

We are not talking about Tri-mix , LOL. There are many small advantages using nitrogen in tires except if you constantly adjust for different riding conditions as when using an off road bike.

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Odd

papa would assume the opposite.

0 experience.

At the various teaching jobs and locations I've been through, I've run into several farangs running a little side business with their extra bikes. The figure repeatedly pitched to me for rental was around 3000 baht a month. I almost went for it, until the dear wife told me I could buy a new bike for less. So with 10k down, her ID and house book, we went for it.

I certainly got some flak, like "Why didn't you buy it by yourself? It's in her name you know! What if you wanna split?" Eh, you gotta commit to something sometime. And then, "Did you look at that interest? You know how much you'll be paying by the time you're done?" Eh, it's a lot less painful than laying out the 80k in cash all at once. I am a teacher.

In the end, I got a beautiful new bike, much better than the questionable condition of the ones offered to me, wife is happy, in the end it'll be owned rather than money down a pit, and the low monthly payment is a manageable dent into my salary.

But yeah, to the OP, this is why your rental proposition isn't that attractive to long term farangs like me. And for the short term farangs on holiday, they've got the rental shops.

On 6/9/2020 at 9:35 AM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

But yeah, to the OP, this is why your rental proposition isn't that attractive to long term farangs like me. And for the short term farangs on holiday, they've got the rental shops.

I was thinking letting a larger bike renting shop, in case they run out of bikes, rent out my bike. I have sometimes went to my favorite renting shop and they were all out of bikes.