TAT and Thaivisa Expat Explore campaign welcomed by Tourist Industry

webfact

TAT and Thaivisa Expat Explore campaign welcomed by Tourist Industry

expat-explore-FORUM.jpg.7816dd8682337843cb3666f5a2450913.jpg.96c101af6fdd209737ab60f7613376b0.jpg

With a date for International arrivals still not confirmed the domestic tourist industry is heavily dependent upon the local market for custom in order to start the recovery.

Whilst most operators look to target the domestic Thai market, afterall it represents the biggest opportunity, many have recognised the local Expat opportunity.

The Tourism Authority of Thailand teamed up with leading Expat website, Thaivisa, to help connect with this important market.  Thaivisa connects with thousands of expats in Thailand everyday - along with international visitors too. It's website exceeded 8-million page views in March and consistently attracts over 2.4million unique visitors to its website every month.

"The opportunity and benefit to expats and local travel in Thailand was obvious" said Thaivisa MD, Dan Cheeseman, "Many of us are desperate to travel after the lock downs and so Thaivisa was determined to reach out into the Thai travel industry and negotiate strong offers for us all to redeem."

The market response has, not surprisingly, been very strong and Thaivisa continues to add over half a dozen new travel offers everyday to its new Expat Explore section.

You can view all current offers here: https://forum.thaivisa.com/forum/247-travel-for-less-exclusive-offers/

If you are a business operating in the local travel industry you can promote your services free of charge with Expat Explore. Send your promotion and contact details, plus at least one image to [email protected] 

Thaivisa would also like to thank five sponsors to Expat Explore: Dusit Hotels and Resorts, The Riviera Group in Pattaya, Blue Haven Bay in Koh Chang, Cartoon Network Amazone Waterpark in Pattaya and Dan about Thailand. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I thought they stopped the TM30.  if not what dumb fks.  2.4 million.  maybe thai people read this to learn what  western educated people  think about their country 

Edited by Elkski

48 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

How about some fuel coupons for domestic travelers?  That and a lower Baht would greatly help.

The baht thing has been explained so many times that even the board cat understands it.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Diddl said:

With all the laws and regulations – TM30, lockdowns, closed businesses or bankrupt businesses, tests that give false positives, checkpoints, tracking, masks, isolation and internment, overcharging farangs, and goodness knows what else they plan, I prefer to stay at home and I can't wait to get out of the country once they let me out of this prison they have concocted on innocent and healthy people.

When only 57 people have died (no doubt from other ailments rather than corona) out of a population of nearly 70,000,000, what the hell are all these restrictions about? This is all about total control and increasing poverty so people have to rely on the govern mente! This is all about a criminal enterprise who now suddenly remember the expats who still might have some money, and this after they have treated us so badly compared to other countries with immigration policies.

Sod it I say, you are no longer worthy of my money! And yes, I am angry and I am sorry I listened to a friend who told me to move here.

And dont forget the road deaths!!!

And somtam is quite nasty too!!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, fdbob said:

Don’t hold you breath

No I won't!!! 5555. Just hoping with Thai Visa's involvement, that they would be stating reasons to the Tw.ts, sorry TAT, that need to be addressed, not just for us expats but for tourists too!!????????????????????????????????

Edited by DPKANKAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DPKANKAN said:

No I won't!!! 5555. Just hoping with Thai Visa's involvement, that they would be stating reasons to the Tw.ts, sorry TAT, that need to be addressed, not just for us expats but for tourists too!!????????????????????????????????

TV don't have any power or influence. They have the ear of the expats, that's it. Thailand really doesn't give 2 figs about them, pretty obvious that's been the case for a very long time now. Thailand don't want tourists, they just want the money. They are feeling the blow of a collapsed tourist trade and they wan't to make as much cash as possible from expats in the meantime but it will all be on their terms with a 10% to 20% meagre discount in an attempt to get all the expats to hand over their cash,,, the next bit is predictable really..

• Sad 1

If that could improve a little our coat of arms in the eyes of certain members of the government why not? ????
 I am talking about those of us with roots here for years while we maintain families have bought one or more cars, and scooters and housing and all the furniture that goes with it ... And we are not better considered by officials and by immigration than the backpackers who hung around for three weeks without a penny ????

• Like 1