TAT and Thaivisa Expat Explore campaign welcomed by Tourist Industry

webfact

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Maybe its because of all the restrictions you quoted above, Thailand has one of the lowest infection/death rates in the world....if you had been in Europe or US you may very well have been dead by now.

To be quite honest, I don't know what is better, to be dead or to be incarcerated in Thailand like a criminal, especially when the whole thing is a scam!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Diddl said:

With all the laws and regulations – TM30, lockdowns, closed businesses or bankrupt businesses, tests that give false positives, checkpoints, tracking, masks, isolation and internment, overcharging farangs, and goodness knows what else they plan, I prefer to stay at home and I can't wait to get out of the country once they let me out of this prison they have concocted on innocent and healthy people.

When only 57 people have died (no doubt from other ailments rather than corona) out of a population of nearly 70,000,000, what the hell are all these restrictions about? This is all about total control and increasing poverty so people have to rely on the govern mente! This is all about a criminal enterprise who now suddenly remember the expats who still might have some money, and this after they have treated us so badly compared to other countries with immigration policies.

Sod it I say, you are no longer worthy of my money! And yes, I am angry and I am sorry I listened to a friend who told me to move here.

Fully agree to this. I fortunately got out just before lockdown but with leaving all my stuff behind. For that I will go back once and after that no more. Just this morning I read about what happened yesterday to poor Wanchalearn Satsakit....google this name and look for 4 june 2020....then you know Thailand is a country one should avoid as the plague. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Seems like expats suddenly have increased their value, perhaps time to ease some regulations for the "good guys" among the long time stayers...????

I was a long time stayer

Until I was locked out with the covid19 borders closures.

Would still like to be a long time stayer again. 

For the sake of my wife and family. 

Or does the government want us to walk away from LOS and desert the family. (Same as her thai husband did previously).

Time to cut some slack and give us a break..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, davemos said:

Reuters  link    https://reut.rs/2XwfYXD

Interesting reading. 

But somebody needs to tell Reuters that much of the content of the post just isn't happening. 

Regardless of the 16 million people who qualify for the money, 3x 5,000 baht hand outs, hardly anyone has received even one payment. 

Stressing the thai people even further than normal.

Many people have relied heavily on the family units, or borrowed money from the loan sharks...

Can understand why the suicide rates are up.

Especially when you call to Samaritans and have to leave your name and number in the hope that someone will call you back..

A couple of good stories here that Reuters could get there teeth into. ????

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

I was a long time stayer

Until I was locked out with the covid19 borders closures.

Would still like to be a long time stayer again. 

For the sake of my wife and family. 

Or does the government want us to walk away from LOS and desert the family. (Same as her thai husband did previously).

Time to cut some slack and give us a break..

They are only letting 500 Thais in per day.

There are thousands of Thais trying to get back. 

You are way down the list mate.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, thainet said:

Small dual pricing story.

Farang friend and his family went to Nong Nooch a few days ago. It is advertised as free for Chonburi residents at this time.

Got to gate (his family fine obviously). He was told only Chonburi people. He showed his yellow book with darkside address. Sorry only ID card. He showed his Pink ID (which is in Thai). Sorry farang have to pay, only Thai free. He was f__ing furious, kids cried. 

His only revenge was stopping his car for a while at the gate so others couldn't move forward.

Right or wrong, it is a shame this sh__ happens.

Why try to frequent a dual priced attraction in the first place? Then angry because they doubled down?

Nong Nooch is well known dual priced spot. Save yourself the effort and just avoid them all.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Totally different. Nothing about it is the same. Covid is gone from Thailand. The incubation periods have passed, and most have recovered. So, no need for any protection, whatsoever now.

It is the incoming international travelers who are absolutely radioactive. Much care needs to be taken, as this virus is still raging around the world. So, how will they re-introduce international tourism here? That is the big question. Chaweng Beach on Samui right now. Looks like post war Serbia.

31939.jpg

31937.jpg

31932.jpg

31931.jpg

From what I remember of Samui,that is an improvement ???? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Diddl said:

To be quite honest, I don't know what is better, to be dead or to be incarcerated in Thailand like a criminal, especially when the whole thing is a scam!

Or excommunicated as in my case.

I can't get back to the family until the travel is reviewed. 

Based on the many possibilities listed by numerous other people, its lending towards the government not wanting farangs, expats and retirement status holders. 

After all we contribute, the extra fees and levies, the annual retirement extension costs, the money we keep in the banks, the support we offer to many thai families who have husbands who have done a runner, the support for tourism... and on it goes.

Leaning towards farang being a not required commodity here anymore. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nuckyt77 said:

Fully agree to this. I fortunately got out just before lockdown but with leaving all my stuff behind. For that I will go back once and after that no more. Just this morning I read about what happened yesterday to poor Wanchalearn Satsakit....google this name and look for 4 june 2020....then you know Thailand is a country one should avoid as the plague.

Yes, thanks for that - I was just looking at the Human Rights website.

13 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Why try to frequent a dual priced attraction in the first place? Then angry because they doubled down?

Nong Nooch is well known dual priced spot. Save yourself the effort and just avoid them all.

Well I guess he calculated that 10 x free still equals free ???? 

5 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Based on the many possibilities listed by numerous other people, its lending towards the government not wanting farangs, expats and retirement status holders. 

After all we contribute, the extra fees and levies, the annual retirement extension costs, the money we keep in the banks, the support we offer to many thai families who have husbands who have done a runner, the support for tourism... and on it goes.

Leaning towards farang being a not required commodity here anymore. 

Sorry you can't get back to your family.  The whole thing is a disgrace.  I get the impression that Thailand is racist and is only interested in money.  I will be moving on as soon as I can - no family here so easier for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

It's been the case pre-covid as well. Long termers out, quick in-and-out tours in. Westeners spread nasty ideals that don't gel with the CCP invasion strategies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Diddl said:

The whole thing is a disgrace.

The crisis has been handled well overall by the Thai authorities and has put the US and UK to shame. 

International borders of Thailand are currently closed, with repatriation flights only for Thai nationals and taxpayers, with a quota of 500 per day and prior permission required to be able to enter. 

I fail to see how that constitutes a "disgrace", especially given that we are seeing many returnees arriving with symptoms.

46 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Everyone got their money from the Thai social security yesterday so there will be many that will be travelling domestically. 

Loads of Thais will be taking their hols after Songkran was postponed... certainly where I work anyway.

Not sure what part of LOS you reside in?

But everyone we know that has been dismissed from work in Pattaya and now returned home to Issan and the families has not received a brass razoo.

Okay a couple of farmers are getting a 5000 hand out, but the have to have a farmers registration card.

The general public has been kicked around with the rejection being either a farmer or student. 

Government officials from finance have visited the areas and even they feign amazement about the non payment to so many. 

Personally it gets up my nose when people are saying the payments are made and food banks are there to help.

Korat, Buriram, Nangrong etc.

I can attest its not happening. 

My lady got one payment. 

Seven attempts later.

Her sister didn't get anything. 

Same household..8 attempts. 

The websites closed now.

Prayut says sorry for the confusion. Scrote.

Ive mentioned before in other posts that im obviously chipping in to help my direct family unit more than ever.

Because what alternative is there?

Their government is borrowing 1.7 trillion baht but sqat is reaching the lowest level people. 

And now I cannot even get back to the family. 

Its ok for farang partner to keep contributions flowing.

What would happen if we all just pulled up stumps?

Enough said...????

Edited by dallen52
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The crisis has been handled well overall by the Thai authorities and has put the US and UK to shame. 

International borders of Thailand are currently closed, with repatriation flights only for Thai nationals and taxpayers, with a quota of 500 per day and prior permission required to be able to enter. 

I fail to see how that constitutes a "disgrace", especially given that we are seeing many returnees arriving with symptoms.

It is a disgrace that people cannot be reunited with their families.  What is the difference between allowing Thais to return to their families and farangs to return to their families - both categories of people come from somewhere outside Thailand don't they?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Do we know if anyone other than the returnees with fevers are being tested these days? 

2 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

But everyone we know that has been dismissed from work in Pattaya and now returned home to Issan and the families has not received a brass razoo.

Okay a couple of farmers are getting a 5000 hand out, but the have to have a farmers registration card.

The general public has been kicked around with the rejection being either a farmer or student. 

Government officials from finance have visited the areas and even they feign amazement about the non payment to so many. 

Personally it gets up my nose when people are saying the payments are made and food banks are there to help.

My lady got one payment. 

attempt later.

Same household..

The websites closed now.

Ive mentioned before in other posts that im obviously chipping in to help my direct family unit more than ever.

Their government is borrowing 1.7 trillion baht but sqat is reaching the lowest level people. 

Enough said...????

3 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

My lady got one payment. 

attempt later.

Same household..

The websites closed now.

Enough said...????

I am in Chonburi. 

Everyone at my office received their social security payment yesterday, even me! This was because we paid the staff 75% during the month of April and the government topped up the wages from the social fund.

If you are talking about people that applied for the 5,000thb government handout, we are discussing different things, it certainly could have been handled better and many have missed out, but there's no unemployment benefits here.

People that pay into the social through taxes don't seem to have a problem.

9 minutes ago, Diddl said:

It is a disgrace that people cannot be reunited with their families.  What is the difference between allowing Thais to return to their families and farangs to return to their families - both categories of people come from somewhere outside Thailand don't they?

Thais are returning to their home country and the government has a duty of care to see them return.

Foreigners are not even considered residents here unless they have PR or a work permit.