10 out of 10 for Samui Immigration

funny as you say that, on 25 march, 1 day before the pandemic, I went to my local IO and they have those screens

but they were turned off

and people were giving strange numbers, some in the tens, others in the hundreds

tv for IO's was playing, rather loud

and IO's were whispering the numbers, in THAI

I never had a problem with Samui emigration for years, but for my next extension? Jully 30th I still do not have health insurance?

My next appointment is for Jully 8th, almost 3 weeks before my yearly extension... I will see what they say ??
I was 75 in last November, most companies proposed only till 75 years old. So I intended to marry my partner for nine years but with COVID 19 it was not possible,  I never received my birth certificate sent by my country, I think we'll be married in the next six month, but in the meantime ????

3 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Your 90 days report was done in one minute, but the whole process took less than 10 minutes? Que? 

first get ticket number then sit and wait for number to appear on screen. Comprendre?

3 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

I never had a problem with Samui emigration for years, but for my next extension? Jully 30th I still do not have health insurance?

I assume you used a Non-OA visa  get the permit to stay you have been extending. If not you do not need insurance.

If a OA visa was used one option is to leave and re-enter the country to get a 30 day visa exempt entry and change it to a non-o visa.

5 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Oh dear,Oh dear. Mr. Box putter has found something in the wrong box.

–And when someone is searching in "Thai visas, residency and work permits" they won't find this post – however, they do now, seems like an admin or moderator kindly moved it...:thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

My next appointment is for Jully 8th, almost 3 weeks before my yearly extension... I will see what they say ??
I was 75 in last NoAt 75 years vember, most companies proposed only till 75 years old. So I intended to marry my partner for nine years but with COVID 19 it was not possible,  I never received my birth certificate sent by my country, I think we'll be married in the next six month, but in the meantime ????

I presume you are on a Non Imm O-A Visa, otherwise the thai IO-approved health insurance would not be applicable for you.

I did PM you a comprehensive guideline document outlining all options/details to convert to a Non Imm O - retirement Visa and subsequent 1-year extension (and which does not require any health-insurance), but that supposes you are able to do a border-run before your permission to stay expires.

Note: At 75 years of age you might also still be accepted for the LMG Insurance Plan 1 (with 200K deductible) for an annual premium of 11.400 THB (75 being the age-limit to subscribe to that policy).  

23 hours ago, pennine said:

first get ticket number then sit and wait for number to appear on screen. Comprendre?

So you still had to wait 9 minutes for your number to be called, then? Highly unlikely, therefore, that I would be singing Samui's praises to the very highest heavens as if they were the best thing since sliced bread if I had been in your shoes - particularly as presumably there weren't too many others submitting 90-day reports in person at the same time as you in view of the current suspension!

I went in 2 weeks ago to do my retirement extension. Not waiting for amnesty to end and avoiding the crowds. Followed a pinned post here for what to have. Needed half of it. The girl at the info desk has a list and wants everything on that list in order before you get a queue number. I wrestled politely with the girl that does the long term extensions about my monthly income transfers appearing to be non international but we worked it out with my US bank transfer out list. Matched incoming transfers here. I had the option of using the 800000 baht deposit but really did not want to as much as she tried to make me. Last thing was landlord had not used the online system to register me so it took him 3 days to sort that out and give me a receipt. Turned that in and picked up passport a week later. I asked which money method she used and I think she did the 800000 but after some computer clicks she said 65k was OK meaning I don't have to keep that big deposit here earning nothing. Overall not a bad experience. No shortage of cute staff in there either. Beats Phuket every day of the week. 

1 hour ago, ThaiWai said:

I went in 2 weeks ago to do my retirement extension. Not waiting for amnesty to end and avoiding the crowds. Followed a pinned post here for what to have. Needed half of it. The girl at the info desk has a list and wants everything on that list in order before you get a queue number. I wrestled politely with the girl that does the long term extensions about my monthly income transfers appearing to be non international but we worked it out with my US bank transfer out list. Matched incoming transfers here. I had the option of using the 800000 baht deposit but really did not want to as much as she tried to make me. Last thing was landlord had not used the online system to register me so it took him 3 days to sort that out and give me a receipt. Turned that in and picked up passport a week later. I asked which money method she used and I think she did the 800000 but after some computer clicks she said 65k was OK meaning I don't have to keep that big deposit here earning nothing. Overall not a bad experience. No shortage of cute staff in there either. Beats Phuket every day of the week. 

Does the absence of any reference to OA mandatory health insurance mean that the visa under which you originally entered Thailand was of the non-O variety, meaning that you are exempt from this particular requirement?

19 hours ago, OJAS said:

So you still had to wait 9 minutes for your number to be called, then? Highly unlikely, therefore, that I would be singing Samui's praises to the very highest heavens as if they were the best thing since sliced bread if I had been in your shoes - particularly as presumably there weren't too many others submitting 90-day reports in person at the same time as you in view of the current suspension!

The main thrust of my post was the use of the screen to show ticket numbers, not the 9 minutes wait. perhaps you missed that.

On 6/5/2020 at 7:04 PM, ubonjoe said:

I assume you used a Non-OA visa  get the permit to stay you have been extending. If not you do not need insurance.

If a OA visa was used one option is to leave and re-enter the country to get a 30 day visa exempt entry and change it to a non-o visa.

I have a  O-A visa which expires in October. I want to stay in Thailand but am well over 70. What should i do. I am back in Oz right now and wondering if i can get back before October. I am in a long term relationship. What should i do.

Edited by Huckenfell
unfinished post

4 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

I have a  O-A visa which expires in October. I want to stay in Thailand but am well over 70. What should i do. I am back in Oz right now and wondering if i can get back before October. I am in a long term relationship. What should i do.

Is it the validity date of your Non Imm O-A Visa that is expiring in October (look for validity date on Visa sticker) ?

Or are you referering to the permission to stay as stamped in your passport when you last entered on that Non Imm O-A Visa?

The difference is important.

If you are talking about your O-A Visa validity date that expires in October, it would be worthwhile for you to re-enter Thailand before that validity date expires because you would then be stamped in again for another 1-year permission to stay.

If you are talking about your permision to stay that expires in October, it would be important to know whether that permission to stay is protected by a Re-Entry Permit,  If not, that permision to stay became void once you left Thailand.

Please clarify and then possible options can be provided for your case.