BANGKOK
pennine

10 out of 10 for Samui Immigration

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2020 at 7:04 PM, ubonjoe said:

I assume you used a Non-OA visa  get the permit to stay you have been extending. If not you do not need insurance.

If a OA visa was used one option is to leave and re-enter the country to get a 30 day visa exempt entry and change it to a non-o visa.

I have a  O-A visa which expires in October. I want to stay in Thailand but am well over 70. What should i do. I am back in Oz right now and wondering if i can get back before October. I am in a long term relationship. What should i do.

Edited by Huckenfell
unfinished post

4 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

I have a  O-A visa which expires in October. I want to stay in Thailand but am well over 70. What should i do. I am back in Oz right now and wondering if i can get back before October. I am in a long term relationship. What should i do.

Is it the validity date of your Non Imm O-A Visa that is expiring in October (look for validity date on Visa sticker) ?

Or are you referering to the permission to stay as stamped in your passport when you last entered on that Non Imm O-A Visa?

The difference is important.

If you are talking about your O-A Visa validity date that expires in October, it would be worthwhile for you to re-enter Thailand before that validity date expires because you would then be stamped in again for another 1-year permission to stay.

If you are talking about your permision to stay that expires in October, it would be important to know whether that permission to stay is protected by a Re-Entry Permit,  If not, that permision to stay became void once you left Thailand.

Please clarify and then possible options can be provided for your case.