Thai govt mulling which ‘red’ businesses can reopen in phase 4 easing

webfact

Govt mulling which ‘red’ businesses can reopen in phase 4 easing

By The Nation

800_2fbb061105dcc15.jpg?v=1591259721

Authorities are now considering which high-risk businesses will be allowed to reopen under the next phase of lockdown easing, the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) revealed today (June 4).

CCSA spokesman Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin said that the virus might be with us for months or even years, so the government had to carefully consider which “red” (high contagion risk) businesses could reopen. The CCSA has asked operators of “red” businesses to report their Covid-19 preventive measures and plans, so the agency could make decisions on whether they could open.

Businesses and activities currently in the running to restart in the fourth phase of lockdown easing are:

1. Educational institutes – for classes, training, and exams.

2. Nurseries and centres for the elderly.

3. Educational science attractions.

4. Meeting rooms holding more than 200 attendees.

5. TV and film productions with crews of more than 100 people.

6. National parks (restricted to certain areas).

7. Beaches (restricted to certain areas).

8. Amusement parks, playgrounds, and game centres.

9. Gyms, fitness centres, and sports stadiums.

10. Convention halls larger than 20,000 square metres, for concerts, expos, and events.

11. Entertainment venues, pubs, bars and karaoke outlets.

12. Large massage parlours.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389056

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-04

• Haha 2

As for bars, pubs, karaoke bars and massage parlors, which are regarded as “red activities”, Dr. Taweesin said that the matter must be discussed in detail, especially preventive measures.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ccsa-identifies-12-activities-which-could-have-covid-19-restrictions-eased/

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Govt mulling which ‘red’ businesses can reopen in phase 4 easing

15 hours ago, webfact said:

9. Gyms, fitness centres, and sports stadiums.

I thought these were allowed to open in phase 3 from 1st June? 

14 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

11. Entertainment venues, pubs, bars and karaoke outlets.

12. Large massage parlours.

Both mai dai.

And the reason for your decision is?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

The gym I go to in Udon Thani opened on June 1st, same as before it closed, temp check on entering.

They've got the bar code thing to scan but I just ignore it.

Signs all over saying social distancing, (oh how I hate that term) and they moved some machines a little further apart.

Employees wear a mask but all the people, including me working out do not.

I'm glad it's open, same old faces inside.

Offcourse you ignore it,we don't give a <deleted> if you get yourself at risk but we don't want you to put us in danger.Let me ques you are britisch.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Whatever has been in place here in Thailand is a breeze compared with misdirected, futile restriction and orders imposed on the UK population.

Strangely it appears, a lot of UK-ers are wallowing in the bossiness !

• Like 1

17 hours ago, zeamonkey said:

Meanwhile Italy, the former epicenter is FULLY OPEN, borders and everything. And what micromanagement are we doing here in the clownregime? This is pathetic and incompetent.

i think we need to see the result of Italy before commenting too much on this.

maybe the infections will spike again

How many total phases are there in this reopening plan.  I thought there were only 4, but the way they're describing what can possibly reopen in phase 4, it sounds like there are some things that will remain closed.

When will I be able to get my teeth cleaned at the dentist office?

There is something that no-one seems to be addressing. When places are allowed to re-open there are no staff. They've mostly been laid off many weeks ago and a large number have returned home to Nakon Nowhere. Who knows how many will return, of if where they worked will even be able to re-open or if the business is permanently closed.

I've seen a recent video of someone checking the massage shops on Suk 19 in Bangkok (shophouse size, not the kind listed above), and only one of a dozen or so were open after the restriction was eased. A couple were for sale. The Khon Kaen-Mukdahan bus that passes my house every 30 or 60 minutes depending on time of day, still missing. A friend has also seen very few buses out of Korat.

It isn't nearly as simple as the government announcing relaxations and seeing all businesses re-open the next day, bus routes working again.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, rwill said:

Soapy massages to be replaced with Sanitizer foam massages.

Funny thing is 5 weeks ago I went for an under the table massage. Let me clarify , she was supposed to be closed.

But I got my usual 90 min. oily . Now her phone number is on a board outside and as a massage has become legal she has  sanitizer which she keeps in a jar by the door  ( Beatles moment ).  She also wears a mask now which the law says she must. 'twas better 5 weeks ago.

A stadium where one infected person could infect dozens is far more if a risk than a massage shop where a worker might have two or three customers a day.

The better test would be to keep large gatherings banned, keep social distancing in place, but dump the masks and see if there is any adverse result. If not, then drop social distancing. No spike? Open everything.