Thai govt mulling which ‘red’ businesses can reopen in phase 4 easing

webfact

"11. Entertainment venues, pubs, bars and karaoke outlets."

I do liked the way they differentiate between "entertainment" and "karaoke outlets"!

P.S. Does "outlet" mean there is an escape route you can use without being noticed?

4 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

To much mulling by the Thai govt they are known now as mullets ????

Ya got your mulling and Ya got your hubbing

Mullets or Hubbits?

Both the German and Russian governments have had leaked studies on COVID carried out and their conclusions were that COVID is far less dangerous and contagious than the flu and has a far better recovery rate than flu. So why do I have to look at my wife and kids through plexlass like a criminal? I have boycotted all places that use anti-social distancing and use plexiglass on tables. Restaurants should be allowed to choose whether to impose rules or not and let customers decide if they wish to use a restaurant or club that imposes rules or not. That would be the same as a non-smoker going into a club or bar where people smoke. They know it is a risk but they accept the risk or not. You could do that with all manner of businesses and let the intelligent, informed, non- fearing citizens make their own choices. Same with planes. I will not travel by an airline that imposes rediculous restrictions on their paying customers. Let them go bankrupt.

10 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

Both the German and Russian governments have had leaked studies on COVID carried out and their conclusions were that COVID is far less dangerous and contagious than the flu and has a far better recovery rate than flu. So why do I have to look at my wife and kids through plexlass like a criminal? I have boycotted all places that use anti-social distancing and use plexiglass on tables. Restaurants should be allowed to choose whether to impose rules or not and let customers decide if they wish to use a restaurant or club that imposes rules or not. That would be the same as a non-smoker going into a club or bar where people smoke. They know it is a risk but they accept the risk or not. You could do that with all manner of businesses and let the intelligent, informed, non- fearing citizens make their own choices. Same with planes. I will not travel by an airline that imposes rediculous restrictions on their paying customers. Let them go bankrupt.

We've heard all this leaked Information before and most is rubbish. Ask yourself why did Germany go into Lockdown mode? The plexiglas will likely get removed soon. I was in a restaurant with my family the other day same scenario flexiglass. But it didn't inconvenience us too much. I didn't feel the need to moan about it on a public forum

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

I concur with all you state.  And history will show this whole thing for the fiasco it is and has been through out the world.

However, your suggested actions will never happen.  We are reduced to the lowest denominator.  If some one expresses a fear it is not fair you do not share the same fear, so we must all recognize and respond as the fearful in order to achieve fairness.  Only then can we live a happy and secure life.

You cannot legislate against this virus! It has now been verified by both Russian and German governments that this is a weak virus and does not come near the flu in contagion or severity terms. So one begs the question, why the restrictions? What is going on? Why the subterfuge? I will not be using any premises that imposes restrictions like plexiglass, un-social distancing masks or checking temperatures. If everyone does the same this will dissapear like a bad dream.

• Like 1

Just now, Sumarianson said:

You cannot legislate against this virus! It has now been verified by both Russian and German governments that this is a weak virus and does not come near the flu in contagion or severity terms. So one begs the question, why the restrictions? What is going on? Why the subterfuge? I will not be using any premises that imposes restrictions like plexiglass, un-social distancing masks or checking temperatures. If everyone does the same this will dissapear like a bad dream.

It exceeds the flu in both contagion and severity where are you getting your facts?  However it has been used as a political tool to take liberties and unnecessarily ruin lives and businesses.  Instead of quarantined the sick they have quarantined the healthy.  And you or I do not know the long term effects of this virus.

stop the insanity

all of them can be re-opened right now

there is no virus in thailand anymore

except for those returning from abroad who become symptomatic is isolation for the rest of the population

and are no risk of transmitting the disease

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

3) Can you get COVID from the nether regions?

Transmission of the corona virus:

• From genitals to genitals is not possible.
  • From mouth to genitals (or vice versa) is not possible.
  • From anus to genitals (or vice versa) is not possible.
  • From anus to mouth is possible.

A rather academic point though, because if you're engaging in sexual activities with an infected person, you are in such close proximity where transmission via airways will be very likely.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

Open everything. Give us the information and let those that want to work go to work and those that want to go the ability to go out. Those that want to stay home and wash their hands all day can do that. Lockdowns are more harmful than the virus to the mental, physical and financial health of real people. 

We drink alcohol, drive, smoke, eat too much, and have sex with many partners. You don’t have to but you can. Stop the hypocrisy of wanting to save life’s and stop the lockdown which is killing people. 

Edited by Wake Up
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 7:49 PM, Canuck1966 said:

I live near the beach and all bars open air.

Open everything asap and let people earn!

Yes, Open pubs, all bars, massage venues and girls need to get out and about. I'm feeling very much in need :<)

9 hours ago, Morakot said:

Transmission of the corona virus:

• From genitals to genitals is not possible.
  • From mouth to genitals (or vice versa) is not possible.
  • From anus to genitals (or vice versa) is not possible.
  • From anus to mouth is possible.

A rather academic point though, because if you're engaging in sexual activities with an infected person, you are in such close proximity where transmission via airways will be very likely.

Yes,  may acquire something more nasty than C-19. Such as HIV +, syphilis, clap, chlamydia, genital / oral herpes/warts, worms & a very sore throat hahaha.

On 6/4/2020 at 8:06 PM, holy cow cm said:

Come on. With soapy slides all they have to do is enforce that the gal cleans and rubs you for more than 20 seconds.

Hahaha that rule should suffice. Most old guys can't last even 20 seconds.

On 6/4/2020 at 4:06 PM, spiekerjozef said:

If you want no new cases in Thailand, keep the borders shut till Jan. 2021.

It's much easier than that. Just don't flip the "Confirmed publish" switch, hey presto, no news, no cases:

image.png.cff6a854b916dc469950c1821e770f

That's MoPH's internal admin UI from their own documents.

• Thanks 1

It's amazing how quickly us humans forget and move-on with life. I'm in Melbourne. I was at the local food market 2 weeks ago and everyone seemed to be distancing themselves as best as possible, keeping 1.5m spaces in the lines etc. Today I was at the same market and the attitudes had changed significantly. Most people had relaxed their own discipline and it was looking more like the market of old. Another month down the track and without having any major Covid increases and things will be back to normal. Most of us will be talking about OS travel by then!

Edited by phichay
  • Thanks 1

Just now, phichay said:

It's amazing how quickly us humans forget and move-on with life. I was at the local food market 2 weeks ago and everyone seemed to be distancing themselves as best as possible, keeping 1.5m spaces in the lines etc. Today I was at the same market and the attitudes had changed significantly. Most people had relaxed their own discipline and it was looking more like the market of old. Another month down the track and without having any major Covid increases and things will be back to normal. Most of us will be talking about OS travel by then.

I think a big part of that quick turnaround was 12 straight days of reports of zero cases of Covid 19 by local transmission in the entire country. Why distance when nobody is infected who isn't currently in quarantine?

3 hours ago, Bangkocker said:

Hmmm Italian puttanas not attractive and you pay in Euro's. Have been to Italy and massage parlours are as scarce as hens teeth. SE Asia is the go !!

I was talking about "normal girls", I am not really into puttanas which are obviosly not pick everywhere.

Edited by Anton9

I read an article on thetaiger.com yesterday where a Dr Tawasilp Wisanuyothin from the Covid 19 Situation Administration said "if you want your businesses to gain permission to reopen as quickly as possible, you have to show how you are going to control disease spreading among 200-300 people". . That demonstrates the complete ignorance of someone making decisions about other people's livelihoods. If the only thing he sees in his mind is some huge nightclub with hundreds of people then he should not be making decisions on this. That would be a tiny fraction of the establishments around the country. Most of the bars where I live are about 8mx4m with an outside space. 20 would fill them. For small businesses like this they can simply start with limiting the number of patrons allowed in at any one time. With the decimated tourist industry this will not be difficult. When the bars open, most of the customers will be foreigners living in Thailand so not large numbers. By the way, ALL of the bars owned by Farangs here have been in darkness the whole time. A whole bunch of Thai owned bars have flouted the rules and taken customers. The police seem to be doing nothing about it. Somebody did grass on one of them but they got tipped off so by the time the police arrived there was nobody there. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 10:06 AM, spiekerjozef said:

No new cases in 6 weeks (incubation time is 14 days).

They can open all businesses without any problem.

If you want no new cases in Thailand, keep the borders shut till Jan. 2021.

No new cases in 6 weeks and you believe that, did you see those fairies at the bottom of your garden this morning ????????????555

On 6/4/2020 at 4:18 PM, zeamonkey said:

Meanwhile Italy, the former epicenter is FULLY OPEN, borders and everything. And what micromanagement are we doing here in the clownregime? This is pathetic and incompetent.

They killed a lot of people , a few thousand more won't make any difference

• Sad 1

On 6/5/2020 at 12:48 PM, Ranshoko said:

Well that's your opinion which is not shared by many people living here in Thailand.  Thailand took a cautious approach which has been borne out by the the figures (whether you believe them or not)

The point seems to completely elude you. I was clearly talking about the extended ban on alcohol sales after restaurants were allowed to reopen. I supported the original lockdown and think it worked but the refusal of the authorities to allow places to sell something that made their businesses viable when they reopened was both pointless and very damaging to the industry and the country.

But noted that you think that a few conservative five star hotel restaurants is what fine dining is about, so it's reasonable to assume that you are not target market for the sort of places we are talking about and may never have entered one.  

Edited by Snig27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Caine said:

No new cases in 6 weeks and you believe that, did you see those fairies at the bottom of your garden this morning ????????????555

I'm with you. But, Thai people believe. Or, like a lot of people here...want to believe so badly that they end up getting there (despite the glaring holes in the thing). The alternative is too unsettling to consider. 

And...

because Thai people believe it, the government's chore of getting people to comply with distancing and lockdowns will get thinner and thinner. My money is some opening up, then eventually some infections that can't be ignored...then, pinning it on people coming in (not from China) and more lockdowns. 

In my part of BKK, people wear masks about 90% of the time but don't keep space in crowded areas at all. In my local neighborhood, people wear masks near 0% of the time and have not distanced at all during this whole thing. They sit around in groups and drink and share food every day. Per the wife, none of them think there's any Covid 19 risk out there. 

2 hours ago, madmen said:

They killed a lot of people , a few thousand more won't make any difference

Most of those people wouldn't even make it to that old age if they were born in Thailand.

I guess you are one of those thinking people only die of Covid nowadays.

Covid scary mak mak

Edited by Anton9