UK leads fall in global trust in government COVID responses: poll

snoop1130

14 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Johnson and Cummings have been elected to posts way beyond their abilities. 

You cant beat a virus with slogans and union flags.

I didn't kn ow Cummings was elected, thought he was selected/assigned by BJ

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kevbo said:

I regard indigenous as tracing back 3 generations. You sound like a pompous self righteous politically correct pseudo intellectual, whose "mates" are probably illegal immigrants

3  generations is a remarkably short time. By that calculation the great grandchildren of Indian and Pakistani immigrants to the UK are indigenous. Yet they usually intermarry, speak their own languages with each other and continue many of their native customs.

Not quite the same as Sharon from Barnsley of Jeffrey from Guildford.

Perhaps globalization is diluting the meaning of indigenous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Sad to see really. But I get the impression that a few on this thread would rejoice if the U.K. fell into oblivion and chaos. It seems the divisive politics in the U.K. and elsewhere follow no matter where you go. 

It is normal behavior to criticize and look for scapegoats in a crisis.

After things were looking up and ready to leave Merkels collective, along comes the virus that many now see as being mismanaged.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Nor for that matter will the calls for manslaughter charges to be served on Johnson and wholly justified.

On the day that the UK (Wednesday) had more deaths than all the rest of the 27 EU countries combined this hapless oaf claimed he had done an excellent job over Covid

The exercise yard at Wormwood Scrubs beckons.....

You should take that MSM covid statistic and place it in the file with- food shortages, peak oil, WMD's, climate change, diversity is our strength and man on the moon.

• Like 1

Just now, sawadee1947 said:

Definetely better than on a lonely island without friends to give a helping hand ????

Weeeeell, I think "your" lonely island, and my dad, gave a helping hand to your lot and prevailed. ???? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Weeeeell, I think "your" lonely island, and my dad, gave a helping hand to your lot and prevailed. ???? 

To paraphrase John Lennon. 

Veteran to Brexiteer..........

We fought the war for people like you..........now we're sorry we won!  ????

3 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

To paraphrase John Lennon. 

Veteran to Brexiteer..........

We fought the war for people like you..........now we're sorry we won!  ????

Could be down to your age.........????

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Heppinger said:

You should take that MSM covid statistic and place it in the file with- food shortages, peak oil, WMD's, climate change, diversity is our strength and man on the moon.

Is there more a credible definition of MSM than 'newspapers which say things I disagree with'?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I should have known better than to click an Express link - now I feel dirty. 

But what a shocker - another sensational Express headline, another let down of a story when you realise that they are actually referring to events of more than a decade ago. It is a great pity that the trades description act doesn't apply to newspaper headlines. 

Then try the YouTube video if that's more to your taste - a recording from the Irish Parliament dated 6th. May 2020. You had a choice of two, each clearly stating the source but you chose the one that'd offend you. Strange.

Edited by MartinL

11 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

When this farcical exhibition of government crisis mismanagement is finally over, those responsible must be called to account for what amounts to criminal neglect.

I agree with the sentiment but in reality they won't.  Don't expect a breakout of truth and honesty any time in the future.  We will continue to be treated with the same distain that we always are.

• Like 2

Just now, bannork said:

The turkeys voted for Christmas. Unfortunately for them it arrived 9 months early this year.

Actually it was several years late, having been delayed as discussed ad nausium. No one could have foreseen the virus & nor would it have given the ???????????? a miss if ???????? was still shackled to the ???????? despite the constant balderdash to the contrary.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

The UKs problems are compounded by the low IQ of its inhabitants. The intelligent have died off or left long ago. 

That would certainly explain the results of the 2016 referendum!

Not to mention the 2019 GE!

(Note: sarcasm!)

• Like 1