UK leads fall in global trust in government COVID responses: poll

snoop1130

On 6/4/2020 at 1:15 PM, tribalfusion001 said:

Useless and incompetent, but I'm not using any contact tracing system and buying into this situation. The UK government can't even control the migrants coming over in rubber boats, but want genuine travellers to self isolate for 2 weeks, such utter BS. Social distancing in place but didn't try and stop a protest of 15,000 people in London.

We are being played as fools, sadly many people are fools and buy into this "situation blindly".

It’s gonna get very messy this weekend now Hancock has given the warning re mass gatherings. Watch this space. 

8 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

It’s gonna get very messy this weekend now Hancock has given the warning re mass gatherings. Watch this space. 

In what way? Are you suggesting the police are going to break them up, very doubtful, there were underground raves in London last weekend with 100s attending for £15 each.

Hancock continues: "Like so many I am appalled by the death of George Floyd... but we are still facing a health crisis."

He says it is "vital" those considering going to protests "stick to the rules this weekend" to protect people and families.

"Please, for the safety of loved ones, do not attend large gatherings including demonstrations of more than six people."

Edited by tribalfusion001

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Yes

Hmm, I don't think the government have got the bottle for that. That would mean doing something and being proactive, which they are not, plus they are scared of riots. All the police is good for is fining some people driving to a beauty spot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Hmm, I don't think the government have got the bottle for that. That would mean doing something and being proactive, which they are not, plus they are scared of riots. All the police is good for is fining some people driving to a beauty spot.

Unless your name is Cummings ????

I thought Hanjob was giving a warning and wouldnt be surprised if there is a clash. Hopefully not. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 7by7 said:

It is the fees paid by overseas students which keep the fees down for British students. Without them the fees in England and Wales would be even higher and the Scottish government would be unable to subsidise fees for Scottish students so they pay nothing.

A UK student visa is not as easy to obtain nor as cheap as you seem to think.

Trouble is a lot of the establishments offering education are fraudulent.

• Like 1

Well let me tell you guys spouting off about the UK government here is an on the ground brief report

8 - 10 million on furlough, no financial difficulties as the UK government is paying 80% of the wages until at least the end of June, many of my colleagues are on full wages working from home, others where essential are working in offices on full salary. There will be a little but not too much current financial hardship, due to the swift action and decisions of the government early in the crisis.

Food supplies are plentiful and now the idiots who stocked up are having to use their goods pile before expiry, the queues are becoming shorter to enter the supermarkets. Goods are plentiful, there is no restriction on alcohol other than the pre covid buying rules.

Masks are requested in busy or confined spaces, most do not bother.

People can now travel, spend a day outdoors, exercise, are just being asked to be aware and social distance

Children are heading back to school

More shops and retail food outlets are opening with spacing in place almost every day on my travels now see places opening but taking into account the situation

July will see encouragement for many to return to work, initially maybe part time until business ramps up, but again the government will support with possibly 50% of salary expected through to October

Despite all the whining and moaning and the persistent highlighting of various 'government mistakes' by those who love to see their words in print, in general society in the UK is not too disgruntled and in all this covid 'lock down' are rather relaxed

So much so if people want to demonstrate, protest, complain, most of society are happy to let them get on with it, while alternatively they relax and consider the positive ways government support has made their life throughout this situation much more tolerable, looking to move forward into a post covid environment before too long.

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Unless your name is Cummings ????

I thought Hanjob was giving a warning and wouldnt be surprised if there is a clash. Hopefully not. 

He was saying we shouldn't meet in groups of more than 6, it's more hot air as people have meeting in groups of more than 6 for ages.

Someone black needs to be shot by the police here for proper riots which is unlikely after the 2011 riots.

8 hours ago, bannork said:

The turkeys voted for Christmas. Unfortunately for them it arrived 9 months early this year.

Right on,the punters had their chance to vote for that intellectual giant Corbyn and blew it.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 473geo said:

Well let me tell you guys spouting off about the UK government here is an on the ground brief report

8 - 10 million on furlough, no financial difficulties as the UK government is paying 80% of the wages until at least the end of June, many of my colleagues are on full wages working from home, others where essential are working in offices on full salary. There will be a little but not too much current financial hardship, due to the swift action and decisions of the government early in the crisis.

Food supplies are plentiful and now the idiots who stocked up are having to use their goods pile before expiry, the queues are becoming shorter to enter the supermarkets. Goods are plentiful, there is no restriction on alcohol other than the pre covid buying rules.

People can now travel, spend a day outdoors, exercise, are just being asked to be aware and social distance

More shops and retail food outlets are opening with spacing in place almost every day on my travels now see places opening but taking into account the situation

July will see encouragement for many to return to work, initially maybe part time until business ramps up, but again the government will support with possibly 50% of salary expected through to October

Despite all the whining and moaning and the persistent highlighting of various 'government mistakes' by those who love to see their words in print, in general society in the UK is not too disgruntled and in all this covid 'lock down' are rather relaxed

So much so if people want to demonstrate, protest, complain, most of society are happy to let them get on with it, while alternatively they relax and consider the positive ways government support has made their life throughout this situation much more tolerable, looking to move forward into a post covid environment before too long.

Feel the government has done all it could in the circumstances however if you look at British airways,think their actions are going to be the start of some disturbing changes in employment practised in the west and believe me I hope i,m wrong about this one.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Feel the government has done all it could in the circumstances however if you look at British airways,think their actions are going to be the start of some disturbing changes in employment practised in the west and believe me I hope i,m wrong about this one.

I think you are correct. The only way western countries can compete in the global economy is paying less in wages. I think we are seeing the start of this, laying off workers and hiring them back on reduced salary contracts.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 4:22 AM, twocatsmac said:

The UKs problems are compounded by the low IQ of its inhabitants. The intelligent have died off or left long ago. 

3 or 4 news channels on tv and a handful of tabloid newspapers are believed by the sheeple.

£14 billion a year donated to overseas aid says it all for me.

Sending it's best and brightest hopes for the future to lead infantry charges in WW1 didn't help. WW2 seems to have completed the job. Gone from top dog in the world in 1900 to has been now.

I hesitate to describe the English character given that in 10 years working in London I rarely saw an English person.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 473geo said:

"by those who love to see their words in print,"

It would have been cleverer to have made this comment in a shorter post!

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, vogie said:

It could be suggested that the people that need to "man up" are the losers of the democratic referendum result. Most people have accepted the result, there is just a small pocket of resistance that needs to be educated on how voting works.

The "consequences of the actions" of the democratic result will be most likely a Canada or Australian type deal, but one thing for sure it will be on the 31st of Dec 2020, no more extensions for the remainers hoping to throw a spanner in the works. ????

Not me. Brexit is a done deal. Get on with it.

1 minute ago, Nigel Garvie said:

It's a vote, of course from a practical point everybody has to accept it (despite the lies, and Cambridge Analytica/ Dom the con lawbreaking). The idea that people should stop fighting for what they believe in every time they lose a vote is beyond ludicrous. Nigel the forgotten Farage said so himself. 

Brexit isn't the topic BTW.

I see that Boris's popularity is sinking through the floor, and it appears that he needs an earphone to get instructions on what to say at PMQs. Just getting more and more of an embarrassing struggle, having to defend him. Good luck, it's only going to get worse as the lying buffoon unravels. ????????

Yada yada yada.????

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Not me. Brexit is a done deal. Get on with it.

IMO, I don't consider the UK government headed by johnson to be able to achieve a Brexit done deal with the EU. They'll pander to the USA's woeful health standards, and accept chlorinated chickens instead - and call it a victory.

Waste of space. Keir Starmer is light years ahead of the incompetents -pity he has to put up with the lying conniving Eton pond life.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

IMO, I don't consider the UK government headed by johnson to be able to achieve a Brexit done deal with the EU. They'll pander to the USA's woeful health standards, and accept chlorinated chickens instead - and call it a victory.

Waste of space. Keir Starmer is light years ahead of the incompetents -pity he has to put up with the lying conniving Eton pond life.  

There will be no deal. Brexiteers will blame the EU for failing to capitulate to their demands and exonerate themselves of all blame. 

• Like 2