UK leads fall in global trust in government COVID responses: poll

snoop1130

14 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Enjoying every minute thanks.

Now you trot off and live your life and we will live ours.

Nobody will have him................????...................????

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And the losing has has only just started.

Enjoy.

Have you already forgotten the fate that befell the candidate you were very publicly championing last December?

image.jpeg.6a8fdd2a296522f1d4f2043584fbb173.jpeg

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

How did I lose?

Remain in the EU = win.

Leave the EU and massively increase the chances of Scottish independence = win.

Fun post of the day...................????......................????.....Cool...

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, vogie said:

Yada yada yada.????

6 hours ago, bannork said:

That sounds like the sort of thing Boris says.

Yes but Boris being upper crust says yadoor, yadoor, yadoor. Rather like the queen who can't speak her own English. (my husband and air).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Too right,   Boris....the best recruiting sergeant Scottish Independance ever had. 

Corbyn may have given the UK Brexit, and 5 years (Maybe) of Brainless Boris, but at least he did have one good effect. 

I should have said Boris and his chlorinated chickens, the correct noun for a group of Tory MPs.

More lefty tosh....????

16 hours ago, kingdong said:
16 hours ago, kingdong said:
  22 hours ago, 7by7 said:

It is the fees paid by overseas students which keep the fees down for British students. Without them the fees in England and Wales would be even higher and the Scottish government would be unable to subsidise fees for Scottish students so they pay nothing.

A UK student visa is not as easy to obtain nor as cheap as you seem to think.

Trouble is a lot of the establishments offering education are fraudulent.

This used to be the case, particularly with so called English schools. But the regulations were changed in 2011 to make it much more difficult for fraudulent establishments to operate.

These days applicants for a Tier 4 study visa must demonstrate they have a minimum knowledge of English and the sponsoring educational establishment must be on the register of licensed sponsors: students. In addition, all the other eligibility requirements must be met.

However, most coming to study English as a foreign language do so on a short term study visa where the requirements are slightly different; the main difference being no English language requirement. They do still have to be sponsored by an educational establishment on the register, though.

When considering the impact foreign students have on the UK, in 2017 the Home Secretary commissioned a report from the Migration Advisory Committee into the impact of foreign students. The report makes interesting reading. For example, from the Executive Summary: "16. International students bring an economic benefit to the UK and are an important export market, with the Department for Education estimating their export value at £17.6 billion in 2015."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, kingdong said:
16 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

The only thing Corbyn has going for him is that he's a Gooner, everything else no way, can't forget his IRA buddies.

Gooner past tense goner present tense.

I don't think you know what a Gooner is.

Google is your friend.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, vogie said:
4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And the losing has has only just started.

Enjoy.

It actually started about 5 years ago.

Indeed, it, the losing, did.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Too right,   Boris....the best recruiting sergeant Scottish Independance ever had. 

Corbyn may have given the UK Brexit, and 5 years (Maybe) of Brainless Boris, but at least he did have one good effect. 

I should have said Boris and his chlorinated chickens, the correct noun for a group of Tory MPs.

Boris....the best recruiting sergeant Scottish Independance ever had. 

The problem I have with that is the Scots don't want independence, and I use that term losely, being joined to another 27 countries is hardly independent. The Scots were asked and they were very happy to remain within the UK, it is only the SNP that want to take the Scots away from our union and I'm afraid Boris said 'NO'

• Like 1

A reminder of the actual subject of this topic: Approval of government handling of coronavirus sinks to lowest level

Most Britons now say the government is doing a bad job of managing the crisis

Following the furore over the actions of Dominic Cummings over the last two weeks, and the government’s response, public approval of the way the powers that be are handling the coronavirus crisis has fallen to its lowest level yet.

There is now a 15-pt margin between the 56% of Britons who say the government has done a bad job of managing the outbreak and the 41% who believe it has done a good job. The survey was conducted from 27-29 May, prior to the most recent loosening of lockdown regulations

Be interesting to see the results of the next one after that loosening.

The government's overall approval rating has fallen by a massive 17 points from 52% on 29th-30th March to just 35% on  1st-2nd June.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

A reminder of the actual subject of this topic: Approval of government handling of coronavirus sinks to lowest level

Be interesting to see the results of the next one after that loosening.

The government's overall approval rating has fallen by a massive 17 points from 52% on 29th-30th March to just 35% on  1st-2nd June.

Because of a virus, when things get back to normal, hopefully, we can move on, especially from the EU which the electorate voted for twice......????

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Very few are happy about the restrictions of the corona, but they put up with it. No wonder another poll can be produced with anti-govt propaganda. The few who are happy are those idling at home on an 80% subsidy, plus the Lefties & MSM who can continually moan about Boris on another subject.

The government's overall approval rating will rocket skywards as soon as the pubs are open again; the sun shines; and we are finally free of the EU. So that will be at the end of this month.

Excuses, excuses.

The polls were produced by YouGov; a source well loved by your fellow travellers when they show results of which they approve!

See @vogie's post below yours!

As for your final paragraph, yes, their approval rating may very well rise; once the Tories have ditched Johnson and his boss Cummings. As I've said elsewhere I suspect that to be shortly after Brexit has been finalised. Which will be at the end of December, not July.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Tories still have a healthy 10% lead over Labour, the row over "Cummings seems to have plateaued" people now they know the truth have seen it as a MSM stitch up.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2020/06/01/voting-intention-con-45-lab-35-29-30-may

Voting intentions vs approval rating? 

Yes, the Tories have seen a slight rise, after a massive drop, in those intending to vote for them at the next election. Perhaps it's because, like me, many Tory voters expect the party to ditch Johnson and Cummings at the earliest possibility.

Meanwhile, the poll I linked to, conducted after yours, shows a drop in this government's approval rating to 35%

• Like 2

Just now, tribalfusion001 said:

Protest up and running today at Parliament Sqare and US embassy tomorrow, they are not Boris fans either. The more the merrier.

Soros funded rent-a-mob. Boris & Co have the full picture despite MSM's distortion of the truth to suit their own ends.

Edited by evadgib

8 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Soros funded rent-a-mob. Boris & Co have the full picture despite MSM's distortion of the truth to suit their own ends.

No one is paying me and I'm going tomorrow. My reason is anti lockdown and open the pubs asap, I'll buy a 4 pack and have a stroll around.

20 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

No one is paying me and I'm going tomorrow. My reason is anti lockdown and open the pubs asap, I'll buy a 4 pack and have a stroll around.

And then you can join the complainers claiming the Gov' didn't do anything to protect you.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-news-live-rising-uk-073825392.html

Fears of a second coronavirus spike are growing today after new figures showed the virus could be growing exponentially in the northwest of England.

The reproduction rate is thought to be 1.01 in the northwest and 1 in the southwest according to data compiled by Public Health England (PHE) and Cambridge University.

The blow comes as the World Health Organisation updated its guidelines to recommend everyone wear a mask while in public – and over-60s wear medical grade masks.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

The Soros nutty conspiracy theory was laid to rest years ago, where have you been?

Why not try the Bill Gates, Bilderberg group, Hilary Clintons paedophile Pizzagate, David Ike's reptiles from planet Drako, or flat earth one. You know just for a bit of variety.

Who is funding MSM & how could these events spontaneously break out around the world without FB, Twitter etc pinning the tail on the donkey in each location?

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1