UK leads fall in global trust in government COVID responses: poll

snoop1130

A post in which the quoted content had been altered has been removed:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Yes, because of the virus; that is why the article is headed "Approval of government handling of coronavirus sinks to lowest level!" 

Of course, as the other poll shows, their overall approval rating has been steadily falling since March, and has sunk even lower since the lies told on Cummings' behalf have been exposed. 

The electorate have indeed voted twice on our membership. But both results were not, as you imply, to leave. In 1975 the result was Remain; in 2016 the result was Leave.

But if you mean the 2019 vote; that was a general election, not a vote on the UK's membership of the EU.  But if you want to count it as such remember that 43% voted Tory and 53% voted for parties who promised a referendum on the final deal.

Brexit? The people voted,power to the people.

7 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

It's up to the individual, my choice, my risk. I have masks and gloves if I feel the need to use them.

That should do it, if you need anything else perhaps will get the chance to pick from a local store

5 minutes ago, 473geo said:

That should do it, if you need anything else perhaps will get the chance to pick from a local store

Well, another pair of Vans size 8 in cream would be nice and a Traktor Kontrol S2 Mk3 dj controller, that's about it.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Dreadful situation where people who have nothing better to do than blame someone else for their problems most likely brought on by their own pig heads.

It's a virus that you can't see feel or smell.

Ignore the rules, go out and meet your friends blah blah blah and then stand up and shout 'why doesn't the Gov' do something to protect us. What do you want?, your own plastic bubble to live in and the Gov' to come and feed you every day and wipe your botty for you?

Nobody seems to take responsibility nowadays, it's always someone elses fault.

Do you include NHS workers who have caught the virus in this rant?

What about other key workers who have caught the virus; refuse collectors, public transport workers, care home workers, supermarket staff, food delivery drivers etc.?

What about those elderly people removed from hospitals into care homes who took the virus with them?

I'm not saying everyone has behaved responsibly; it is obvious that is not the case. But the irresponsibility starts from the very top of government. When the PM's top advisor ignores the rules, it's difficult to get every one else to follow them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

<snip>

Reality reality,

All the polls are useless........

Do you include the YouGov polls often posted by @vogie and others which show you what you want to hear in your rant? Or just the ones whose results you don't care for?

Of course, the only poll which really counts is the one at the ballot box. Which is why the Tories will ditch the undynamic duo as soon as they can, and well before the next General Election.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

What about other key workers who have caught the virus; refuse collectors, public transport workers, care home workers, supermarket staff, food delivery drivers etc.?

What about those elderly people removed from hospitals into care homes who took the virus with them?

I'm not saying everyone has behaved responsibly; it is obvious that is not the case. But the irresponsibility starts from the very top of government. When the PM's top advisor ignores the rules, it's difficult to get every one else to follow them.

Absolute tosh

Any sensible person acknowledges that unless the virus never arrived there would be casualties,

So your grand plan was starve the population with no supply lines to the supermarkets, let the rubbish pile up on the streets, remove public transport for those with no or limited alternative, close the hospitals?

And when you finally realise this was an irresponsible unworkable pile of craap you turn and blame all the deaths on one man in government whose rule breaking action actually contributed nothing at all towards the deaths!!

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Reality reality,

All the polls are useless. They were spectacularly wrong on the two main real polls of the past four years - the Referendum and December Election. Voters opinions change and will do so again when Boris pulls off either a good deal or No Deal.

The few (probably soppy southerners) polled here have had their opinions poisoned by the constant stream of MSM propaganda which has recently intensified. Approval Rating means nothing at this stage, as will be reflected when it gets to another General Election. Even I would give them a poor rating at this stage because they should never have closed the whole country down. Next month that will have changed.

Would any sane person rather have a Labour government making any type of decision at a time of crisis? Everybody knows the answer to that would be "Not bloody likely."  

When you look at the dithering, stuttering Johnson, flailing around for some facts, and then you see Keir Starmer, composed and speaking to the point, you know this is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. But it is perhaps the end of the beginning of the Johnson government.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Absolute tosh

Any sensible person acknowledges that unless the virus never arrived there would be casualties,

So your grand plan was starve the population with no supply lines to the supermarkets, let the rubbish pile up on the streets, remove public transport for those with no or limited alternative, close the hospitals?

And when you finally realise this was an irresponsible unworkable pile of craap you turn and blame all the deaths on one man in government whose rule breaking action actually contributed nothing at all towards the deaths!!

What relevance does this bear to my post and the one I was responding to?

None at all.

@overherebc was saying that those who got infected only had themselves to blame; I showed him he was wrong.

Like it or not; it is very noticeable, at least where I live, that there were far fewer breaking lockdown before Downing Street lied on Cummings' behalf than after. And I live in a place so Tory a donkey could win the seat for them!

Of course, we have no real data on how many lives lockdown has saved; but do you seriously believe that it has saved none?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bannork said:

When you look at the dithering, stuttering Johnson, flailing around for some facts, and then you see Keir Starmer, composed and speaking to the point, you know this is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. But it is perhaps the end of the beginning of the Johnson government.

When as Boris taking the flak for all decisions, and consider Starmer has yet to be in that position, the thought that it is easy to criticise comes to mind, and even Starmer is aware that over doing the criticism appearing unsupportive could unleash the wrath of a nation that has recently unequivocally consigned him to be a 'leader' on the  toothless opposition bench

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

What relevance does this bear to my post and the one I was responding to?

None at all.

@overherebc was saying that those who got infected only had themselves to blame; I showed him he was wrong.

Like it or not; it is very noticeable, at least where I live, that there were far fewer breaking lockdown before Downing Street lied on Cummings' behalf than after. And I live in a place so Tory a donkey could win the seat for them!

Of course, we have no real data on how many lives lockdown has saved; but do you seriously believe that it has saved none?

Wrong again, the direct action of Cummins did not increase the death rate, the indirect actions of others who felt they were then entitled to put people at risk apparently in your eyes did?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Absolute tosh

Tbh this governments response has been slow and ponderous. Masks should have been brought in months ago and the same with the quarantine, the quarantine is now no longer required. The lockdowns should have been tailored to high areas of covid-19, but they wanted us to be all in it together. I came back from BKK on 25th March and in my county it's low risk for covid-19, but we all have to suffer this lockdown when there is no reason we have to.

Even the local girls on tinder are too scared to meet up, no pubs to while away a few hours and now the weather is sh*t.

31 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

The blame lies squarely on one government and one organisation who lied about everything from the start.

If they had taken responsibility from the atart and had worked on what is an alien concept to them, ie 'truth', then a lot more could have been done at the beginning.

All the anger should be directed at them.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Wrong again, the direct action of Cummins did not increase the death rate, the indirect actions of others who felt they were then entitled to put people at risk apparently in your eyes did?

They felt they were entitled because of Cummings' words and actions.

His breaking lockdown; Number 10's lies about his so doing and then his feeble excuse followed by his automatic,  repetitive response to questions about it that "Others may think that, I don't" showed others that they could interpret the rules as they wished; just as he did.

Whether or not this increased the number of deaths we will never know.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Tbh this governments response has been slow and ponderous. Masks should have been brought in months ago and the same with the quarantine, the quarantine is now no longer required. The lockdowns should have been tailored to high areas of covid-19, but they wanted us to be all in it together. I came back from BKK on 25th March and in my county it's low risk for covid-19, but we all have to suffer this lockdown when there is no reason we have to.

Even the local girls on tinder are too scared to meet up, no pubs to while away a few hours and now the weather is sh*t.

Masks should have been bought months ago???

From who? From where? If something doesn't exist then how do you go out and buy it.

Should governments have been stock piling PPE years ago just in case a nasty virus might appear?

And if they did do so how many people would be jumping up and down shouting about the money spent on them because 'we don't need those now"????

13 minutes ago, overherebc said:

The blame lies squarely on one government and one organisation who lied about everything from the start.

If they had taken responsibility from the atart and had worked on what is an alien concept to them, ie 'truth', then a lot more could have been done at the beginning.

All the anger should be directed at them.

I'm confused; are you now saying the government is to blame?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

<snip>

in my county it's low risk for covid-19, but we all have to suffer this lockdown when there is no reason we have to.

So how would you enforce lockdown if it were on a county by county basis? How would you prevent someone from a high risk county travelling to the county where you live?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Masks should have been bought months ago???

From who? From where? If something doesn't exist then how do you go out and buy it.

Should governments have been stock piling PPE years ago just in case a nasty virus might appear?

And if they did do so how many people would be jumping up and down shouting about the money spent on them because 'we don't need those now"????

You can make your own masks and the quarantine is no longer needed seeing as most Europeans countries are relaxing theirs.

Just now, tribalfusion001 said:

You can make your own masks and the quarantine is no longer needed seeing as most Europeans countries are relaxing theirs.

Just as this incompetent government is starting ours!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

So how would you enforce lockdown if it were on a county by county basis? How would you prevent someone from a high risk county travelling to the county where you live?

Road blocks same as used in Pattaya, shouldn't be too difficult even for Boris to implement. Hancock is now saying local lockdowns, easy enough to block off a town or county.

Edited by tribalfusion001

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Road blocks same as used in Pattaya, shouldn't be too difficult even for Boris to implement. Hancock is now saying local lockdowns, easy enough to block off a town.

Would work on the main roads, but what about all the side ones: even if the police had the resources and manpower.

The RUC and army couldn't close all the Irish border crossings during the troubles, remember.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Do you include the YouGov polls often posted by

Of course, the only poll which really counts is the one at the ballot box. 

Yes, as I told you - they’re useless. I’ve noted the inaccurate and biased YouGov polls before. 

Also as I told you - the only real polls are those at the ballot box. Which is why the pollsters got it wrong on both of those major occasions. Which is why we have now left the EU and Boris is PM. I expect your future predictions will be proved as wrong as  your previous ones. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bannork said:

The job of the Opposition in a democracy is to act as a check and balance and so far Starmer has performed that role admirably.

Of course Johnson should take the flak, he's supposed to be the PM! 

Just out of interest, as I may have missed them, could you point me in the direction of positive timely input and suggestions from Starmer that have, or may have significantly improved the situation, had they been incorporated into the government agenda?

Oh and cautioning on opening up by the opposition mentioning we 'may' experience a second wave is just ass covering, and a road to nowhere. Boris is taking brave decisions and in my opinion correct ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1