UK leads fall in global trust in government COVID responses: poll

snoop1130

16 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Would work on the main roads, but what about all the side ones: even if the police had the resources and manpower.

The RUC and army couldn't close all the Irish border crossings during the troubles, remember.

Put concrete bollards on the smaller roads, police on the main roads, a few might slip through the net, but not many. National lockdowns don't work, it has to be tailored to the hot spots. In most of the country this virus is already controlled, but everything is too slow opening up. I refuse to queue up outside a supermarket, these restrictions need lifting in low virus areas.

Edited by tribalfusion001

On 6/5/2020 at 10:52 AM, 4737 Carlin said:

This pretty much hits the nail on the head. Yesterday I saw images of police in London kneeling in front of an angry crowd of third-world people. They can arrest people for sitting in parks but an angry mob gets a pass because "racism" ? 

‘Third world people’ ? Explain please 

1 hour ago, bannork said:

When you look at the dithering, stuttering Johnson, flailing around for some facts, and then you see Keir Starmer, composed and speaking to the point, you know this is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. But it is perhaps the end of the beginning of the Johnson government.

How ironic that you should paraphrase Churchill on the 76th anniversary of D Day and on the very day that his statue has been desecrated by rent-a-mob in London while plod stood and watched :blink:

(It was Wellington's turn yesterday...

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 11:46 AM, Baerboxer said:

Indeed. But that reflects the politically correct society created by left-liberalism politicizing law enforcement. Certain ethnic minorities aren't policed as the should be, An example of the results is the large amount of black on black murders with knives and guns. Some black organizations encourage anti social law breaking as it increases their own relevance. Failed attempts at social engineering yet again, fueled by political agendas.

The Labour Party were urging the UK government to ban sales of protective equipment and tear gas to the US. This from the racist, anti semitic Labour Party hoping to secure a few more black votes by pretending they care. They have no problem with massive volumes of trade with the Chinese totalitarian state that persecutes several groups based on religious, ethnic or political differences. Labour is a byword for hypocrisy and double standards. 

I can hear Enoch applauding from wherever he is now ????

Edited by Bruntoid
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

You mean like quarantining  travellers from abroad 3 months too late?

The only reason to control the overseas contamination once the virus has hold in the country is when the country is in a state of recovery - as it is now

Just now, 473geo said:

The only reason to control the overseas contamination once the virus has hold in the country is when the country is in a state of recovery - as it is now

Only Portugal have a higher rate of infection than the UK in western Europe, it's suicidal for tourism in the UK. The lockdown is an expensive failure and no one is taking any notice of it anymore. All the lockdown has brought is unemployment, resentment and now protesting.

On 6/5/2020 at 11:46 AM, Baerboxer said:

Some black organizations encourage anti social law breaking as it increases their own relevance. 

Name them - examples would be good but one thing at a time....

It’s obvious an elderly expat forum is likely to be predominantly racist (See Brexit) but it’s kind of getting out of control 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Only Portugal have a higher rate of infection than the UK in western Europe, it's suicidal for tourism in the UK. The lockdown is an expensive failure and no one is taking any notice of it anymore. All the lockdown has brought is unemployment, resentment and now protesting.

Personally I would say possibly the lack of flights would have a greater effect, perhaps by the time tourists are starting to take available flights restrictions will be less intrusive

On 6/5/2020 at 11:59 AM, Baerboxer said:

And you believe the dodgy figures being reported now by EU member states! 

And your applaud a post that clearly is written out of bitterness because the EU can't milk the UK for more money! 

Calm down - I believe what’s known - so give me the evidence of ‘dodgy figures’ and we can discuss. However I fear the Boris clan know this could not have gone worse for them and in sheer exasperation are fighting against the indefensible with nothing of substance and hyperbole. 

Oh the UK has learnt today they must pay £270m towards the EU Covid fighting fund - milk taps aren’t quite dry yet. Sorry

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 6:23 PM, snoop1130 said:

UK leads fall in global trust in government

UK govts fault people out about won't stay in, people that won't stay in get C19 and spread C19 so UK govts fault.

Ok sounds about right.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

Calm down - I believe what’s known - so give me the evidence of ‘dodgy figures’ and we can discuss. However I fear the Boris clan know this could not have gone worse for them and in sheer exasperation are fighting against the indefensible with nothing of substance and hyperbole. 

Oh the UK has learnt today they must pay £270m towards the EU Covid fighting fund - milk taps aren’t quite dry yet. Sorry

As we're all now on the same side how does this have any less effect on the runners up?

• Like 1

Some off topic posts and replies have been removed. This topic is not about the Brexit vote, this topic is not about the current BLM protests, this topic is about:

UK leads fall in global trust in government COVID responses: poll

LONDON (Reuters) - People across almost all the world's leading rich economies have turned more sceptical about their governments' handling of the coronavirus pandemic with confidence slumping the most in Britain, a survey showed on Thursday.

In May, in the Group of Seven nations as a whole, 48% of respondents approved of how authorities had handled the pandemic, down from 50% in April and 54% in March, the survey published by polling firm Kantar showed.

Please stay on topic. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 9:42 PM, Rookiescot said:

Johnson and Cummings have been elected to posts way beyond their abilities. 

You cant beat a virus with slogans and union flags.

So the UK "individual" has nothing to do with doing the right thing to stay safe and protect others.....

Are you saying Boris must walk the streets telling folk what to do...?

After all, from what I have seen, many are totally ignoring advice, yet you blame it on two people.

Think you should stick to your Scottish Independence thingy, or the Beano... 

A post with flaming comments toward another member has been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

condemnation

1. the expression of very strong disapproval; censure.

So, do you condemn just the BLM protests, both those and Yaxley-Lennon's Barrow protest, or neither?

I know nothing about your video or interest in the bloke.

My video shows that folk could not give a toss about Corvid and how they may spread it, they just come out of the woodwork for mob rule trouble....

Normal UK low-life exploits..

1 minute ago, transam said:

I know nothing about your video or interest in the bloke.

My video shows that folk could not give a toss about Corvid and how they may spread it, they just come out of the woodwork for mob rule trouble....

Normal UK low-life exploits..

So you must include Yaxley-Lennon in that. To do otherwise would be hypocritical.

52 minutes ago, evadgib said:
1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Really?

I find that surprising.

The full version has already been reported in the UK media; but the proven liar and convicted fraudster has already posted his version on social media. He claims the man spat at him and insulted him, although there are no witnesses to confirm that. Even if true, is that really a valid excuse for the violent reaction of this convicted thug?

- No it hasn't

- I won't know until i've seen the fully Monty but he is far too shrewd to have walked into a bear trap, having announced to all & sundry that he was on his way up there and why he was coming.

Edited 36 minutes ago by evadgib

Yes, it has. See the IndependentStandardGuardianMailBBC, etc..

Then there's this from the local, Tory MP Simon Fell: Barrow MP slams 'deeply unhelpful' Tommy Robinson intervention

In a tweet, Mr Fell said: “I also see that Mr Yaxley-Lennon has arrived in town.

“A deeply unhelpful intervention that will only increase tensions in our community at the worst possible time.

“We didn't fall for his pitch last May when he turned up looking for votes to become an MEP. Nor shall we now.”

Mr Fell is not the only one to object to Yaxley-Lennon sticking his oar in: Community leaders condemn the arrival of far-right activist Tommy Robinson in Barrow

The family of the alleged sex assault victim condemned Mr Robinson's involvement in the campaign and 'appealed for calm'.

They said: “We want to make it clear that this has nothing to do with us and we do not want him involved.

“We are a peaceful family who condemns any form of racial hatred."

"Far too shrewd to have walked into a bear trap!" 

Even if the victim deliberately set Yaxley-Lennon up into walking "into a bear trap," the violent thug did just that! How is that him being "far to shrewd" to fall for it?

He has a history of being a short tempered thug who's first response is violence; as his convictions for just that prove.