Mor Chana

LoS itaint

Looking for the 'app' I installed the Thaichana app from Krungthai Bank, which works fine and only needs to verify your phone number, plus access to location and your camera. However, it is currently only in Thai, though the interface isn't exactly complicated. I've had it installed for a week now and not received any odd or spam sms.

When someone told me the all singing and dancing version is actually called Mor Chana I took a look, but wasn't willing to give it the permissions it wanted. So I'll stick with the Krungthai Bank offering.

Edited by Stocky

32 minutes ago, 2long said:

...I just pretend to check in, by pointing my phone and acting like I'm doing it. ???? I don't go out much, so ...

You can contract the virus by being in contact just once with an infected person.

The advantage of being informed immediately about such a contact is that you can get tested immediately and if found positive receive prompt treatment if you should develop symptoms of Covid-19. This is what contact tracing is basically about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Stocky said:

...When someone told me the all singing and dancing version is actually called Mor Chana I took a look, but wasn't willing to give it the permissions it wanted...

The Mor Chana App ist not necessary for us consumers. Forget it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Puccini said:

The Mor Chana App ist not necessary for us consumers. Forget it.

I'd agree, I didn't install the Mor Chana app, but I did install the Krungthai Bank Thaichana app. The reason being I had problems just using a QR scanner as, whilst the website would launch, I'd just get a spinning thingy and couldn't check in/out. I think the QR code tracking check-in/check-out option is a good solution, far better than something that relies on people having a smartphone and willing to leave their Bluetooth on. Without some way of tracing people if needed there is no chance of a return to any sort of normality. 

17 hours ago, Puccini said:

You can contract the virus by being in contact just once with an infected person.

The advantage of being informed immediately about such a contact is that you can get tested immediately and if found positive receive prompt treatment if you should develop symptoms of Covid-19. This is what contact tracing is basically about.

It's so you can isolate and stop the spread isn't it?

30 minutes ago, taotoo said:

It's so you can isolate and stop the spread isn't it?

Yes, self-Isolation will likely be the first advice you get. If you then develop symptoms and these reach a stage that require medical treatment, the doctors will know what to do to alleviate the discomfort.

Ideally, you should immediately be scheduled for a SARS-CoV-2 test but it is possible that this may be done only if an when you need treatment.

Edited by Puccini

5 hours ago, Puccini said:

Yes, self-Isolation will likely be the first advice you get. If you then develop symptoms and these reach a stage that require medical treatment, the doctors will know what to do to alleviate the discomfort.

Ideally, you should immediately be scheduled for a SARS-CoV-2 test but it is possible that this may be done only if an when you need treatment.

In a country that claims to have no local transmissions, pointless and intrusive.

• Thanks 2

Nothing to talk about. What´s the problem. Some of you people do not think they can track you just by having a registrered SIM-card?

Just download Thaichana and use it and use Morchana. No problem. What are some people hiding?

Hey guyz and girlz! Immigration already know where you are. ???? 

Edited by Matzzon
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Stocky said:

Looking for the 'app' I installed the Thaichana app from Krungthai Bank, which works fine and only needs to verify your phone number, plus access to location and your camera. However, it is currently only in Thai, though the interface isn't exactly complicated. I've had it installed for a week now and not received any odd or spam sms.

When someone told me the all singing and dancing version is actually called Mor Chana I took a look, but wasn't willing to give it the permissions it wanted. So I'll stick with the Krungthai Bank offering.

You can use any QR-code reading app. Just go into settings and enable Open websites automaticly.  

App in play for about three weeks now. Do we know of it being applied for its intended purpose yet? Specifically any reports of anyone being contacted to get checked after the app flagged them for being in the same place as someone who tested positive? Oh, wait, nevermind...the only people testing positive in the entire country are Thais just returned from elsewhere who haven't had the opportunity to use the app. I take it all back. 

Why are we using the app since nobody is positive in the country who isn't in quarantine?

• Like 1

It is actually pretty easy, but is a real PITA when your in a mall and every single shop you enter you need to check in and then check out.  Spent the day at Icon Siam today doing some shopping, the place was fairly empty which shocked me.  Apple must have had a new promotion because the lie to get in was to hell and back.  Then of course there is this new coffee location called %, and the line to get a cup or whatever else they were selling was also very long.  Tomorrow, SeaView Bangkok opens back up at Siam Paragon, and I was planning on taking the kids to see the aquatic life.  I will check in with TV after the trip and see how the QR code scanning goes in that location.

11 minutes ago, rucker4012 said:

Can't wait until someone says "I've just tested positive for covid-19 virus. Yesterday I visited MAKRO, Festival Central and immigration". What next?

Right. This is what I want to know...is it actually being used and what happens when it does? Do 35k of us suddenly pop into quarantine?

3 hours ago, Max69xl said:

You can use any QR-code reading app. Just go into settings and enable Open websites automaticly.  

I did try with the QR scanner I had on the phone, but after launching the website and clicking on check-in, I just got a spinning thingy. The Krungthai bank app works fine for me. If your QR code reader works for you splendid.

Edited by Stocky

18 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

I switch on Line and scan the code a box appears to check yourself in.  You have to do the same on the way out. I did the same thing going to Banglamung hospital. 

Yes, that’s what I do. Easy

On 6/4/2020 at 7:42 PM, Puccini said:

The government here says there is no covid in Thailand so I won’t be installing any Thai cha cha app and other than occasionally at the mall there is no enforcement of this and even at the mall I just shrug it off.

obviously you don’t believe the government ????

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 8:12 AM, JusticeGB said:

I switch on Line and scan the code a box appears to check yourself in.  You have to do the same on the way out. I did the same thing going to Banglamung hospital. 

That's very useful, as just about everybody in Thailand has LINE installed on their mobile phone.

On 6/4/2020 at 5:01 AM, 2long said:

I refused to, but I gave in.

BUT... fear not! It's not an app. I presumed (wrongly) that it would be an app to track us all, but it's far from that. You don't install anything at all.

The way it works is you turn on your phone's camera, point it at the QR code and then a little prompt comes up on your camera/phone. You need to be connected to the web and it will ask you to choose the language and then 'check in' or 'check out'. When you check in, it will ask for your phone number. I only ever did this once* and entered my correct number, but I get the feeling if I had entered +66123456789 it would have accepted. ????. That's it. You're also supposed to check out when you leave and you can choose to answer 3-4 yes/no questions about the premises you visited. But that's optional.

*now I just pretend to check in, by pointing my phone and acting like I'm doing it. ???? I don't go out much, so ...

If it asks for your number of course it wouldn't know if you had entered the real one. If it could do that it wouldn't need to ask for your number.

• Like 1