BANGKOK
snoop1130

Only 20% of Chonburi tourist attractions ready to reopen

By Warapun Jaikusol

N-Jun-01-10-Pty-Chonburi-tourists-drop-80-businesses-wait-for-foreigners-pic-1...jpg

Thitipat Siranattasrikul, president of Chonburi Attractions Association, said all the revenue from this year came before March.

With Thailand’s borders closed, hotels shuttered and provincial travel limited, it should come as no surprise that Chonburi tourist attractions saw business decline 80 percent this year.

Thitipat Siranattasrikul, president of Chonburi Attractions Association, said all the revenue from this year came before March.

Yet with Thailand’s economic easing now in its third stage, 80 percent of the province’s 53 tourist attractions still are not ready to restart she said. 

Full Story: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/only-20-of-chonburi-tourist-attractions-ready-to-reopen-302782

screenshot_10211.jpg

-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2020-06-04

The 80% not opening are smarter than the 20% who are going to become frustrated after losing their shirt and close anyway.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

and neither is she ready, that is not a face mask she is wearing, if I was in a bank and she was there I'd ask security to remove her for not wearing an effective mask

It has already been established that these shields offer no protection at all - it is quite obvious

10 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Lol - face shield. Because somehow infected microdroplets floating in the air would all be stopped by that and only uninfected droplets would go over, under or around the open sides of the shield.

exactly

1 minute ago, smedly said:

and neither is she ready, that is not a face mask she is wearing, if I was in a bank and she was there I'd ask security to remove her for not wearing an effective mask

It has already been established that these shields offer no protection at all - it is quite obvious

Would you have asked security the same thing last year ? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Kerryd said:

A few will be OK - ha, I was going to say "like Nong Nooch" then I read the Pattaya Mail article and that's one of the ones that's open already. But as they note, many others are on the verge of bankruptcy and would have a hard time unless they get a lot of business in a short period of time.

the government should be supporting these businesses while they shut the country down, but .....................................

lets not forget that a lot of these businesses will be sitting ready for certain people to scoop up on the cheap and expand their empires 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Would you have asked security the same thing last year ? 

your point went right over my head

if there is a law to enforce the wearing of facemasks to prevent the spread of CV-19 then that is how it is - she is breaking the law by not wearing one

13 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Lol - face shield. Because somehow infected microdroplets floating in the air would all be stopped by that and only uninfected droplets would go over, under or around the open sides of the shield.

But its so 'Hi So'

I may grab a few of those shields, wack on a few Chanel badges on the joints, maybe even a little hologram on the face part. Got to be worth a few thousand baht a pop. Jobs a good un.

Is Nong Nooch currently packed to the gunwales with tourists taking advantage of the discounts, lol?

A couple of encouraging signs.  Looked out last night and saw the Cape Dara sign on and lights in some of the rooms.  Same for Grande Centre Point and Dusit.  Some hotels are taking advantage of the down time to do some maintenance work.  [email protected] is painting the exterior and Mytt is doing some interior work, among others I've noticed.  Nice to see some activity beginning--and people back on the beach.    

Quote:-

so the other 80% closed are beer bars, go-go bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke bars etc. (only joking)

22 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Quote:-

so the other 80% closed are beer bars, go-go bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke bars etc. (only joking)

It would take time for the bigger places to get sufficient staff back there.