1 hour ago, elliss said:

Beer bars , may open , when ? .

Lady bars ,  those days have gone .

New world, Thailand ..

In the declaration they talk about the bars

as a ''risky'' group, so i presume it's all the bars 

including beer bars lady bars. gogo bars and so on

i am not too much worried about the ''social distancing'' problem

since the reopen of the massages few days ago, the happy ending is available as usual

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Possibly the 15th is the rumour.

I know there is a lot of pressure from the business owners

and i hope for them the rumor about the 15 june is right, but afaik the prime minister

wants to open the schools first (1 july) , then the bars, so more probably 15 july if nothing

go wrong. But imo the biggest problem should be the lack of customers if no any tourist

is allowed to enter in Thailand

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

If you are right, then it's over for the gogo bars, the gentlemen clubs and the local karaoke.

It could be an historical chapter of the entertainment venue closed once and for all

really a sad day

I don't think it is necessarily over for those places; they may just have to wait longer before they can re-open.

1 minute ago, champers said:

I don't go to any of them anyway but I think a lot of these places are Thai owned by people of influence. My guess is that they will be open soon with restrictions that will be gradually eased over time, subject to there not being a second wave/spike in infections.

Sporting venues that attract big crowds are often owned by the armed forces and politicians. Same rules apply.

A lot of foreigners own go go bars and gentlemans club are Thai owned. My theory is still the same, large massage/soapy parlours will be ok as behind closed doors in non tourist areas, go go bars will struggle as in tourist areas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, champers said:

I don't think it is necessarily over for those places; they may just have to wait longer before they can re-open.

The longer they wait the less chance they have of reopening

do you think the landlords postpone or cancel the payment of rents?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The fight (lockdown) was never to stop Covid-19, it was to prevent the health services from being overwhelmed.

Covid-19 cannot be stopped - it can be slowed, we will all be exposed to the SARS-CoV-2 virus at some point, it is far too widespread and too contagious not to continue to spread with further outbreaks.

Immunity either through previous exposure (every couple of years) or through vaccine is the only way we may deal with this virus - We have no choice but to live with the risk.

Shutting down a nation based on such a tiny Case Fatality Rate (so far) is insanity, the lock down has been extremely effective in saving lives, but of those on the roads, it has also caused immeasurable damage to the economy and society.

agree. also, people focus too much on the fatality rate when what is important for ending the lock down, social distancing and other safety precautions is the R number.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

I have heard of some instances of that, But more of complaints of refusal to do so. It would be interesting to  know how prevalent the latter is, as it drives businesses into the ground. I don't suppose the landlords worry as they might see deposits and key-money in the future as sufficient recompense. Sad for any new or heavily invested businesses from 2-3 months back. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Not with the ones I know, one place I know 42,000 a month

• Sad 2

I think many bars will remain shut, even when they can open, not much point opening with no tourists here.

I am aware of 2-3 old established and profitable business's in Jomtien that haven't reopened yet, nothing stopping them other than they know there are no tourist/customers around.

I am also aware of at least one place paying a quarter rent while shut, the landlords are not stupid, good long term tenants will be hard to find when things are back to normal.

• Like 2

Reading the article, it notes:

"that discussions had begun around the highly anticipated phase four of relief measures""

"He cautioned that exact dates of Phase four were not set but did state that all the riskiest venues, such as pubs, bars, Nightclubs, sports stadiums, arcades, concerts, and amusement parks among others were in this group of final businesses in discussion and under consideration-but not guaranteed- to be unlocked. "
(my bolding and underlining)

It notes in the article about meetings this week and next, so nothing is likely to happen until at least the end of the month. As it seems the government is waffling about letting international travel resume (with maybe only people from certain select countries being allowed to arrive) there may not be as much pressure to re-open everything as there would be if they started to allow anyone from anywhere to fly in.

Oh right, I forgot. Everything revolves around Pattaya and it's bars and every government decision is made with just them in mind, specifically with how they can punish them and try to get them all shut down. :glare:

Which they could have done anytime since the last coup when they had the power to literally do anything they wanted to and still didn't try to "shut down" Pattaya's bars.

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

so does each girl have her own hand sanitizer? 

or just one time at the door? 

If it burns when she's giving you a "rub" then it's probably sanitizer she's using, not oil or lube !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Indeed but who they opening for exactly. The few expats left wouldnt even cover I suspect the daily utility and most probably wouldnt get a single customer all day.

How many of us go and sit at a beer bar where the only sign of life is the cashier. No Customers No Girls vicious circle.....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Someone I know with 2 businesses (not bars) has had a rent reduction at both. Not a big sample, I know.

• Like 2