Bars and pubs could open soon

kingofthemountain

Did the government not release a colour coded chart a month back or so which gave dates on reopening? I was sure normal bars were given the date of July 15th to reopen. If I can find the chart I will post it, or if anyone else has seen it please post it, thanks.

1 hour ago, lee b said:

I was sure normal bars were given the date of July 15th to reopen.

Nothing has been decided yet for the exact date of the reopening

as usual in Thailand, and particularly with this crisis

the decisions are made day by day

Edited by kingofthemountain

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

Nightwish Group saying today that they expect to open on the 15th of June.

Nightwish group can say it, but in fact, as the others, they don't know the date or reopen.

On his facebook page, the Nightwish group ''boss'' Brian Flowers writed the 20 may

on his facebook page ''....I don't blame people at all, but everything will be ok soon. If we don't open the bars on June the 1st, it will likely by June 15th, at which point we will jump in the deep end and do our best to survive until the world opens up.'' 

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

Nightwish group can say it, but in fact, as the others, they don't know the date or reopen.

On his facebook page, the Nightwish group ''boss'' Brian Flowers writed the 20 may

on his facebook page ''....I don't blame people at all, but everything will be ok soon. If we don't open the bars on June the 1st, it will likely by June 15th, at which point we will jump in the deep end and do our best to survive until the world opens up.'' 

How have Nightwish managed to survive? get a rent reduction or something?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I have no idea how much ''fund reserve'' they still have

but they probably not last long if the reopen isn't coming soon

21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Numerous investors (mug punters) wanting to say they own a share in a bar. 

A few years ago even convinced the “mug punters” to contribute cash to running costs of its forum. lol. 

36 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

Numerous investors (mug punters) wanting to say they own a share in a bar. 

A few years ago even convinced the “mug punters” to contribute cash to running costs of its forum. lol. 

They were looking for a loan in the last year to open another bar or two so can't have cash just sitting there.  A mystery how they've managed to weather the storm

On 6/5/2020 at 4:16 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Immunity either through previous exposure (every couple of years) or through vaccine is the only way we may deal with this virus - We have no choice but to live with the risk.

The latest I've heard from Dr. Fauci in the U.S. is speculation that:

--whatever immunity someone who's come down with CV gains may be very short-lived at best.

--same with the protective effective of a potential vaccine.

“When you look at the history of coronaviruses, the common coronaviruses that cause the common cold, the reports in the literature are that the durability of immunity that’s protective ranges from three to six months to almost always less than a year,” he said. “That’s not a lot of durability and protection.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/02/dr-anthony-fauci-says-theres-a-chance-coronavirus-vaccine-may-not-provide-immunity-for-very-long.html

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/06/03/scott-gottlieb-covid-19-vaccine-seasonal-immunization-squawk-box.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Nightwish Group saying today that they expect to open on the 15th of June.

I've heard the same date from 3 different bar owners in the last week. A very strong rumour.

Also, the bar nearest me has been deserted for 2 months. All the girls returned home. Saw them all back and eating outside the bar 2 days ago. I can smell a JD!

6 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Well, no one believes a word that knob says now. Him and the CDC.

Fauci is not part of the U.S. CDC... He's the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, which is a separate federal agency.

No one's been right all the time as regards to the CV.... But he's about as respected and knowledgeable as anyone in the field, especially when he isn't being muzzled by know-nothing Pres. Trump.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Fauci is not part of the U.S. CDC... He's the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, which is a separate federal agency.

No one's been right all the time as regards to the CV.... But he's about as respected and knowledgeable as anyone in the field, especially when he isn't being muzzled by know-nothing Pres. Trump.

I didn't say that he was part of the CDC. Both have been proved to be less than stellar in their dealings with Covid. As you say, both have been hobbled by trump. Fauci is was respected in the US but globally he's just A.N. Other.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Also, the bar nearest me has been deserted for 2 months. All the girls returned home. Saw them all back and eating outside the bar 2 days ago

they were probably diying of boredom in the village.

At the moment nobody know the date for the reopen.

All is rumors but if i remember well the prime minsister

has already declared  that he wants open the schools first.

As long as he is the one who decides unfortunately nothing before july

and with the ''songhkran holiday'' in the first week of july, the reopen

of the schools should be mid july, then the bars in the end of july imo

Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst

13 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

they were probably diying of boredom in the village.

At the moment nobody know the date for the reopen.

All is rumors but if i remember well the prime minsister

has already declared  that he wants open the schools first.

As long as he is the one who decides unfortunately nothing before july

and with the ''songhkran holiday'' in the first week of july, the reopen

of the schools should be mid july, then the bars in the end of july imo

Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst

Schools open 1st July, that date has long been set. If there is a songkran on 4th July, bars will open before then. 2nd July?

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Schools open 1st July, that date has long been set. If there is a songkran on 4th July, bars will open before then. 2nd July?

more probably after ''songkran''

with the actual ban on alcool, i don't see this goverment suddenly

open all the bars just before a big drinking national orgy. It doesn't make sense.

but TIT so all is possible

Just now, kingofthemountain said:

more probably after ''songkran''

with the actual ban on alcool, i don't see this goverment suddenly

open all the bars just before a big drinking national orgy. It doesn't make sense.

but TIT so all is possible

It would be pretty essential to have bars open for songkran. In Pattaya the bars organise and are the epicentre of the water sports. Its also a big earner for the bars. It will be used to kickstart the bar trade in Pattaya.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

It would be pretty essential to have bars open for songkran. In Pattaya the bars organise and are the epicentre of the water sports. Its also a big earner for the bars. It will be used to kickstart the bar trade in Pattaya.

I know this very well

but it was before the Corana crisis

now with the ''new normal'' (I hate this word)  who knows?